Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 15:11   #1666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
After a quick discussion with my better half, have decided to go to Firdaus today but will be going much before mid night. Anybody else willing to join in?
Dude, better go alone or with friends. That place is "definetly not" for ladies.

Me and Nikhil are staunch on that aspect. I too cannot eat beef or for that matter any other exotic meat even if offered a million bucks.
Old 27th May 2010, 15:13   #1667
Senior - BHPian

What are the good Biryani options in Banjara Hills Area?
Old 27th May 2010, 15:29   #1668
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What are the good Biryani options in Banjara Hills Area?
Biryani in Banjara Hills??? Why dont you try "Banjara Biryani"?
Old 27th May 2010, 15:38   #1669
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
+1 to That.

@ Nikhil: You need to have Beef Chilly prepared Mallu style to know what you are missing!

After a quick discussion with my better half, have decided to go to Firdaus today but will be going much before mid night. Anybody else willing to join in?
Why don't you check out Shahdab opposite Madina.

Its got a decent seating area in the first floor. Very GOOD briyani. In fact its my favourite.

You can also park your vehicle a little distance away and walk back to Shahdab.
Don't miss the Falooda.
Old 27th May 2010, 15:43   #1670
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Dude, better go alone or with friends. That place is "definetly not" for ladies.
True, that place isin't a family type of place. Its for those, who wander out late in the nights, searching for food to satiate their hungry pangs at the devilish hours of the night.

Quote:
Me and Nikhil are staunch on that aspect. I too cannot eat beef or for that matter any other exotic meat even if offered a million bucks.
+1 on that Avi. I would rather walk off hungry than having beef.

Quote:
@ Nikhil: You need to have Beef Chilly prepared Mallu style to know what you are missing!
Have heard loads about it from my Mallu friends, but it doesnot tempt me that much to have something that has beef in it. I would rather have a Mutton Chilly Fry made at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Why don't you check out Shahdab opposite Madina. Its got a decent seating area in the first floor. Very GOOD briyani. In fact its my favourite.
You can also park your vehicle a little distance away and walk back to Shahdab. Don't miss the Falooda.
If you are willing to drive uptil Shadab, then I would suggest you drive a little further uptil Malakpet to Hotel Sohail - WAVES. It has an even better ambience with equally awesome food. Try their Boneless Mutton Biryani, its ohhhhhh! wow!

Last edited by traveloholic : 27th May 2010 at 15:45.
Old 27th May 2010, 15:46   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Its got a decent seating area in the first floor. Very GOOD briyani. In fact its my favourite.

Don't miss the Falooda.
Imran,

Me & Missus have had food at both Shadab and Madina quite a few times. Actually I don't like their Biryani.

Cheers
Old 27th May 2010, 15:47   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't miss the Falooda.
Speaking of faloodas,if anybody's from the Karkhana-Trimulgherry area then theres this pushcart guy who comes at around 6pm and stays till around 11pm,he stations himself opposite ICICI,Karkhana and his brother stands opp Acer Motors,they serve what I call " the world's best faloodas"they have come in from Mumbai and the rush at their cart has become 10 fold now,amazing faloodas..a must try if you happen to pass by.

MC,the best biriyani in Banjara now a days must be Paradise!!!(even though technically they are on Masab Tank:P)apparently they are not able to open the seatin section because of lack of parking space.If you are ok with the mughlai type of biriyani then Punjabi by Nature is decent

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 27th May 2010 at 15:52.
Old 27th May 2010, 15:51   #1673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
If you are willing to drive uptil Shadab, then I would suggest you drive a little further uptil Malakpet to Hotel Sohail - WAVES. It has an even better ambience with equally awesome food. Try their Boneless Mutton Biryani, its ohhhhhh! wow!
Isnt Sohail near the flyover while going towards Saidabad? Or is this a different Sohail?

Quote:
Imran,

Me & Missus have had food at both Shadab and Madina quite a few times. Actually I don't like their Biryani.

Cheers
Me too. For a change, I would like it but, not a favorite as its very very oily.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:02   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Isnt Sohail near the flyover while going towards Saidabad? Or is this a different Sohail?
Bang on! Its the same Sohail, that's near the Flyover, when you are going towards Saidabad. They have a seperate A/C Section for Family Dining.

The first thing I liked as soon as I walked in was, the Live Tandoor Counter on the floor, that was seperated by Glass. You can actually see the Chef's making your Kebabs/Roti's. Have seen it at lot of places, but this one seemed different.
Old 27th May 2010, 18:03   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
beef is equally tasty my friend ..its all in the mind
I beg to disagree. Beef is much tastier!

Quote:

Don't miss the Falooda.
Their food is excellent in general but not their biryani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
MC,the best biriyani in Banjara now a days must be Paradise!!!(even though technically they are on Masab Tank:P)apparently they are not able to open the seatin section because of lack of parking space.If you are ok with the mughlai type of biriyani then Punjabi by Nature is decent
Try Sarvi (opp. Care hospital). Whatever happened to Banjara Durbar (next to Y2K)?

The closest from Raj Bhavan Rd. would be Parwaaz & Asian.
Old 27th May 2010, 18:17   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Sarvi does not have a food section at Banjara Hills. (have things changed so much after I shifted out of Banjara Hills? )

Good Biryani & Chicken in Banjara -
Why not try Dine Hill? The first floor restaurant is family restaurant with decent crowd.
Hyderabad House on Rd. No. 3 Corner (The only Hyd House which serves better Biryani in Hyd, Compared to the other branches, IMO)
I used to like the mutton Biryani from Khansama. I think they opened a branch at Rd.No. 10 Jubilee Hills.

Old 27th May 2010, 21:48   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Sarvi does not have a food section at Banjara Hills. (have things changed so much after I shifted out of Banjara Hills? )

Good Biryani & Chicken in Banjara -
Why not try Dine Hill? The first floor restaurant is family restaurant with decent crowd.
Hyderabad House on Rd. No. 3 Corner (The only Hyd House which serves better Biryani in Hyd, Compared to the other branches, IMO)
I used to like the mutton Biryani from Khansama. I think they opened a branch at Rd.No. 10 Jubilee Hills.

I also thought Sarvi was only a bakery opp Care Hospital but still went. No signs of any type of Biryani. So went to Dinehill. I had gone there earlier once and had liked their Mutton Biryani. Ordered the same today but the Biryani was more like Mutton Fried Rice with only 4 small pieces of meat
The Chicken 65 was just about ok.

I asked him for Home Delivery and he said minimum order of 600. I felt like . Looks like East or West Y2K is the best!
Old 28th May 2010, 07:50   #1678
BHPian

Am planning to order Naatu Kodi (jungleeeee murgi) Biryani today. Heard there's some guy at Jubilee Hills, who home delivers it. Planning to order a couple of Biryani's today. Heard its heavenly, shall run a quick test on that factor and post the results here soon. Shall also post other details about this biryani and contact number of that guy.
Old 28th May 2010, 10:53   #1679
BHPian

Went to Coco's @ kbr park yesterday evening:

Had:

Appollo fish
Cajun Prawns
Fish fingers with tarter sauce ( sauce was so yummy i am thinking of buying it from them to use in bread makhan style)
Pepper Chicken

Free flow of beverages clubbed the above.

The place has this nice lovey dovey kinda decor. I loved the singer..he was singing good numbers.

Total INR 2000 for 2.(Beverages were on the higher side in terms of pricing)
Old 28th May 2010, 11:41   #1680
Team-BHP Support

I don't why but I love Shahdab's biryani.

Maybe you guys need to ask for them to serve it a bit dry and without oil.
I assume that the waiter guy looks at you guys, decides oily would be preferred and serves it that way.
Just an assumption.

Because once in Bangalore, I mentioned to a waiter that I am from Hyderabad. It was a typical mixed cuisine tandoori/ mughlai/ chinese take away.

He gave me 3 packets of chilly flakes with the food saying, sorry sir, the cook forgot to make it spicy and you guys eat more chilly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks