Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/45546-guide-eating-out-hyderabad-secunderabad-cyberabad-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 981633)
Once I was there with a huge group at 3 pm.
By the way even the attached Mehfil is also good for ala-carte.

You mean 3AM right?:D

Another best part of pickles is he serves liquor almost until 3AM. Only problem is he does not serve beer but only whisky in those camaflouged glass made of clay. Who cares, as long as you are getting your favorite poison served at that time of the day or is it night?lol:

Mehfil is not good, it is awesome. Been there a few hundred times already. I recommend one thing highly. Chicken Talwar Kebab which is served stylishly on an actual sword and man, is the chicken pieces juicy, cooked to perfection, tender and well marinated.

A restaurant called Basher beside Y2K at Panjagutta used to be open late nights.
Once after a 600 km ride and reaching Hyderabad at about 3 AM we went there.
The doors opened to reveal girls in minis and hot pants and we guys were thinking we are actually dead and in the landing zone just before heaven.

Turned out this was some Disco crowd who could not afford the expensive food there and instead stop by here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 981949)
The doors opened to reveal girls in minis and hot pants and we guys were thinking we are actually dead and in the landing zone just before heaven.

Turned out this was some Disco crowd who could not afford the expensive food there and instead stop by here.

That was quite :uncontrol. I do know that even Y2K is quite popular with the call center crowd and he supposedly serves very good chicken snacks and his haleem is also good.

But, as you know the place, only problem is where to park the car for 5 minutes to pick up the parcel?:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 981961)
That was quite :uncontrol. I do know that even Y2K is quite popular with the call center crowd and he supposedly serves very good chicken snacks and his haleem is also good.

But, as you know the place, only problem is where to park the car for 5 minutes to pick up the parcel?:Frustrati

Well, the best place is right in front of the Panjugutta traffic police station, provided it is after 11 pm. Traffic Cops in India never work overtime.cheers:

Can some of our Hydie folks share their experience of where you get the best of these two very popular dishes:

Tandoori Chicken & Biryani:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 982369)
Can some of our Hydie folks share their experience of where you get the best of these two very popular dishes:

No Way am I falling for this one.
No two people like the same place at the same time. :)

But as I said in an earlier post the tandoori Chicken at Spice 6 was really very good.

I am not a big fan of rice dishes so no comments on biryani except that I hate all that comes from the Hyderabad House group and that includes their Chinese joint as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 982398)
No Way am I falling for this one.
No two people like the same place at the same time. :)

But as I said in an earlier post the tandoori Chicken at Spice 6 was really very good.

I am not a big fan of rice dishes so no comments on biryani except that I hate all that comes from the Hyderabad House group and that includes their Chinese joint as well.

Maybe my comment was misleading. Actually i meant where these two dishes are found delicious, in their opinion.

Where is Spice 6?

Has anybody been to a very very small dhaba near old bowenpally after the airforce station just after crossing the railway bridge on the left side. Its called " Delhi Durbar" run by a elderly sardar gentleman and they serve some very good food. On sundays, kacha kach barahua rahta

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 982369)

I once had Tandoori Chicken in something like Kabab***** near himayathnagar street No.9. I think you can try it here. Also once at Narmada near Hyundai Showroom in Himayathnagar. I liked it in both the times. I didnt had at these places in the recent times, so I cant say how are the things now!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 982653)
I once had Tandoori Chicken in something like Kabab***** near himayathnagar street No.9. I think you can try it here. Also once at Narmada near Hyundai Showroom in Himayathnagar. I liked it in both the times. I didnt had at these places in the recent times, so I cant say how are the things now!!!

Street No.9 is next door to my house. I think it is called Kebab House or corner but it is a shady looking joint and they serve mostly those grilled chicken. My casual glances while driving in front of it saw it ain't the most hygenic place around.

Narmada was my favorite parcel pick-up joint and yes, indeed their tandoori chicken and biryani both are quite good. Did you know they have moved the location from Himayathnagar main road to Hyderguda, diagonally opposite to Apollo Hospitals?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 982700)
Street No.9 is next door to my house. I think it is called Kebab House or corner but it is a shady looking joint and they serve mostly those grilled chicken. My casual glances while driving in front of it saw it ain't the most hygenic place around.

I felt the kitchen here is better than the Narmada's.

Quote:

Narmada was my favorite parcel pick-up joint and yes, indeed their tandoori chicken and biryani both are quite good. Did you know they have moved the location from Himayathnagar main road to Hyderguda, diagonally opposite to Apollo Hospitals?
oh! is it, i hope the new place is in good condition. I shall try some tandoori once again there.

Avi, how about a small meet for Haleem???

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 982900)
oh! is it, i hope the new place is in good condition. I shall try some tandoori once again there.

Avi, how about a small meet for Haleem???

After it moved, I haven't been to the new place (i.e) in Hyderguda but, have seen it many times from outside. Will go sometime next week and let you know how's their food

Man, your tempting me. As it is i am having Haleem "DAILY":p

How about on coming Tuesday? Today, tomorrow, sunday and even monday, i have cocktail parties with beautiful entree's ( not trying to make you jealous:uncontrol but was just meaning to say, can't miss 'em, plus except the sunday one, all are family get togethers)

Also, the venue preferably should be either of the one (Sarvi/Paradise/Garden). As i have covered most of the other popular joints already

I was in Haiking when you called me last night and i had Mischief haleem after a few beers there. I thought you will see my car parked outside and will come in..hehehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 983402)
Man, your tempting me. As it is i am having Haleem "DAILY":p

Mobike, you sure are making me feel hungry! I have been literally breaking my head unsuccessfully trying to find some decent joint to have haleem here in Bangalore, and you make me jealous having haleem EVERY day!! :O
Maybe i should plan to be in Hyd next Ramadan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 983517)
Mobike, you sure are making me feel hungry! I have been literally breaking my head unsuccessfully trying to find some decent joint to have haleem here in Bangalore, and you make me jealous having haleem EVERY day!! :O

Now you can order Pista House haleem online via Gati ->Express Cargo,Warehousing,Logistics Industry in India , Ahead in reach

Price is Rs 350 for the minimum quantity of 1 Kilo.
A small box of qubani ka meetha free.

Gati | Media
Quote:

The delectable aromas and scrumptious flavors of the authentic Haleem-e-Khas can now be sent to Mumbai,Delhi,Hyderabad,Kolkata,Bangalore,Chennai,C oimbatore and Ahmedabad through Gati. Priced at Rs. 350/- per kg (inclusive of taxes)for these destinations in the country.

Delivery on same day if ordered before 11 AM.

I used this service only once to send a box to Chennai.
My order was placed at about 12 Noon. The haleem was delivered at around 8:30 PM the next day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 983517)

Sorry for making you feel hungry. Let me add some more ghee to the already rising flameslol:

My routine from the day Ramzaan month started is on the way, while driving back home, i pick up 1-2 large bowls of haleem depending on if my wife wants to have it too ( she can't have it daily like me plus she is more a veggie than a non-veggie) and make sure each time i pick it up from a different joint unless its really not possible.

Iceing on the cake is this part, haleem joint folks are extremely kanjoos with their fried onions, so I have instructed my cook that she needs to keep deep-fried onions and lime pieces ready by evening i am home for these 30 days, as i dont plan to miss even a single day, unless i am suffering from a tummy ache after all this gorging on delicious haleem. :D

And, man it is really awesome after adding these concoctions, imagine this-Hot Haleem topped with lots and lots of deep fried onions and lots of lime squeezed in it and sometimes some folks even put kaju pieces in it. slurp..slurp!!

Btw, Pista house this time is nothing great, dont waste your 350 bucks on it. It's unique ghee laden smell is completely missing this time. And, i also noticed the wheat content to be more than the meat content

Mobike not that you might not be aware of this but a typical serving of Haleem is in the range of 300 to 400 calories. Plus none of these are good fat content.
Most places to save on money use animal fat instead of vegetable oils.
Even when its advertised as pure ghee.
The reason is meat as such contains a lot of fat attached to it. This is not removed before the meat is added to the dish.

I am not the fittest guy and only want to tell you this.
Take Care.
The Hindu : Metro Plus Hyderabad / Food : Calorie check