Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/45546-guide-eating-out-hyderabad-secunderabad-cyberabad-16.html)

Slightly Off-Topic::OT

Had been to KFC yesterday in the new Cineplex Mall near L.V.Prasad's Eye Hospital.
I was ordering and the guy behind the counter was simply gesturing at me and then did I notice that he has deaf & dumb! I realize that he was asking me to point the items on the menu so that he can get them for me!
A nice gesture by KFC to provide equal employment opportunities.

By the way, had some fun watching the other people yelling 'Excuse Me' :Frustratifor placing their orders but the guys behind the counters not at all turning towards them!

i second the above ....... I've actually pledged to have all my lunch breaks from office at the KFC on Raj Bhavan Road.Respect to the KFC franchise owners who have given a place for these people to feel comfy outside of home.

Cant complain about the food and cant complain about being brought down back to earth when it comes to realizing the luxuries i have.

I would grit and growl at the least trouble caused but this place certainly knocks me and teaches me how to politely contain myself.

good for KFC, but i still hate KFC food

Yesterday night went to "Aromas" for dinner with family. This is what we ordered :-

KF Beer
2 Sundowner mocktails
Veg Harabara Kebab
Chicken Hari Mirchi Kebab
Kulcha/Gobi Paratha with Curds
Veg Handi Biryani
Apple Pie with Ice cream

For all that, the bill came to only ~1K

All the items were really nice and well made and enjoyed a leisurely dinner after a long time. We spent almost 2 hours over this meal and caught up on a lot of things.

Ambience of the restuarant is lovely with some nice lounge music playing and it was drizzling outside and we sat with the view to the road from the top and immensly enjoyed the view.

And, for this ~150 seater restuarant, i guess only 20 people were in the hotel during dinner and seems like the recession effect is really trickling down:Frustrati

Last evening, I was in the sec'bad area and while coming back from meeting some friends, we decided to have a quick dinner in a place called " The Host" near Diamond Point, Sikh Village.

We ordered for a Moctail and a Beer and had Chicken Drumsticks and Pepper Chicken. But, then ordered for their special meat biryani and they said it was over. Ridiculous at 10pm, it's over. And, this place is expensive !!!

Chicken Snacks at Rs.160 and above and Meat ones Rs.200 and above and Can you beat this Sizzlers are priced at Rs.400. I guess nobody must have ordered that till now. Beer was priced at Rs.135 and Moctails at Rs.115.Their food is supposed to be very good and it indeed was.

Anyways, my wife was in mood for Biryani so we drove from Host to our all time favorite restuarant "Reshmi's" opp to Nanking in Parklane.

Had a biryani and boy! was it delicious. I just love Reshmi's food. So natural and home like !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1075039)
Last evening, I was in the sec'bad area and while coming back from meeting some friends, we decided to have a quick dinner in a place called " The Host" near Diamond Point, Sikh Village.

We ordered for a Moctail and a Beer and had Chicken Drumsticks and Pepper Chicken. But, then ordered for their special meat biryani and they said it was over. Ridiculous at 10pm, it's over. And, this place is expensive !!!

Chicken Snacks at Rs.160 and above and Meat ones Rs.200 and above and Can you beat this Sizzlers are priced at Rs.400. I guess nobody must have ordered that till now. Beer was priced at Rs.135 and Moctails at Rs.115.Their food is supposed to be very good and it indeed was.

Anyways, my wife was in mood for Biryani so we drove from Host to our all time favorite restuarant "Reshmi's" opp to Nanking in Parklane.

Had a biryani and boy! was it delicious. I just love Reshmi's food. So natural and home like !!!

Attaboy, it looks like you were real hungry to have dinner at two places!
BTW, where is "The Host"? I've seen "Ice Spice" near Diamond Point and their beer and snacks were good.
I did not know about "Reshmi's". All I remember is that there is a ramshackle bar opposite Nanking, where one can gulp down a quick beer when waiting for the food to be parcelled at Nanking (not with familiy)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1075051)
Attaboy, it looks like you were real hungry to have dinner at two places!
BTW, where is "The Host"? I've seen "Ice Spice" near Diamond Point and their beer and snacks were good.
I did not know about "Reshmi's". All I remember is that there is a ramshackle bar opposite Nanking, where one can gulp down a quick beer when waiting for the food to be parcelled at Nanking (not with familiy)

ICE Spice is nothing but HOST. even i get confused as they have two names to this place:uncontrol

Reshmi's is diagonally opposite from Nanking or next to the ramshackle bar that you mentioned ( dont know if its still open)

Venu, please take your family to Reshmi's. I am sure you would love it and may become a regular visitor like me. I totally recommend its food quality, small home type ambience and reasonable pricing.

And, yes we were hungry because no breakfast and just had a cheese sandwich and vanilla shake in softy den at Abids during lunch yesterday.

Also, Softy Den is a nice place for shakes, pizzas, sandwiches, again an old favorite of our family.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 975398)

There is a Mediterranean restaurant above Max. I did not like it. But been there only once. The tuna salad was horrible and has kept me away from them for almost 1.5 years now....

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Try the Chicken Casserole here. It's fantastic

Guys, I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but there's a small low profile joint called "Lovely Punjabi Dhaba" just before the line of dhaba's at bowenpally start. This is a small joint but the food is very homely

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1075039)

have u been to "Sher e Punjab" dhaba nr Diamond Point? lovely food and low priced too! u should definitely try their speciality: sarson da saag and makai ki roti, available thruout the year!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel (Post 1075502)
have u been to "Sher e Punjab" dhaba nr Diamond Point? lovely food and low priced too! u should definitely try their speciality: sarson da saag and makai ki roti, available thruout the year!

I told my wifey about this place that you suggested earlier. And, she wanted to go there but, i couldnt find the place quickly so we settled for HOST. Can you pin-point the direction?

And, what is good in Non-Veg there?:D

@Gautam, are you referring to the first dhaba in the line? Which is adjacent to the petrol bunk? I have been there several times, run by a sardar gentleman and the food is quite good. try their veg pakoras ( in round shape) its really delicious.

But, the ambience is a bit shady. I go there just because of a friend who likes that place's food very much and he is known to that sardar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel (Post 1075502)

Yup, that is a good place, though the ambience is not as good as Ice Spice.
Avi, it is about 50 metres from Diamond Point on the road to DPS and New Monda Market. It come on the left side.
BTW, where is Softy Den at Abids? I remember visiting one on MG Road in Sec'bad, between KFC and Chermas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 1075654)
Yup, that is a good place, though the ambience is not as good as Ice Spice.
Avi, it is about 50 metres from Diamond Point on the road to DPS and New Monda Market. It come on the left side.
BTW, where is Softy Den at Abids? I remember visiting one on MG Road in Sec'bad, between KFC and Chermas.

Thanks for the direction.

Softy Den is situated in the lane adjacent to chermas in Abids. I think they have something going on with chermaslol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1075614)
I told my wifey about this place that you suggested earlier. And, she wanted to go there but, i couldnt find the place quickly so we settled for HOST. Can you pin-point the direction?

And, what is good in Non-Veg there?

i hope u got the location from what vnabhi said. there in non-veg my pic is ginger chicken. other chicken curries are good too. the ambience is simple and good both in the AC and non-AC sections.

btw, last night i dined at Reshmi's with my wife and son. the curries were good but there were a couple of things i didnt like at that place:

(1) the tandoori rotis are made of maida (tell tale clue: white and rubbery)
(2) rotis were cold. when i asked the waiter he insisted they were hot enough and said its slightly cool because of the AC lol:

and the worst:

(3) the waiter got the finger bowls to the table without asking if we were done and when we were not even through with dinner! as an after thought he then asked if we required anything else. i at once cancelled my idea of a dessert and i told him so. he disappeared after that and promptly brought my bill.

i am sorry but i will never go there again.

Sorry to know you had a bad experience at Reshmi's. But, i always had a good one and all the waiters right from the valet parking guy knows me very well and we exchange a few words whenever i am there.

I will continue to be there customer.:)