Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2024, 16:13   #1426
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
do i need to raise another grievance for this approval as well .
Quoting myself again. My ordeal with EPFO continues as is with no end in sight. Have to resort to RTI's now with the hope that this will push babus to act and perform their jobs.

My source EPFO ( Gurgaon) says they have transferred all my services and Annex K is not needed while destination guys ( EPFO Chennai) just close the grievance with any random comment. Thankfully the Amount is already transferred. I suspect they are not even reading the grievance . seems like there is no audit / oversight on EPFO babus.
Old 12th February 2024, 20:04   #1427
BHPian

Has anyone done EPF advance/withdrawal under Para 68B(1)(a), i.e. Purchase of house/flat/construction of house including acquisition of site from AGENCY. It seems the money will be paid to the AGENCY (I guess the builder). Would be great to get the details, like does it really work like this, what documentation is needed and how long will it take. Below is extract from instructions given.

The "Provident Fund" Thread-epfwithdrawal.png
wocanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 16:15   #1428

Is anyone facing an issue logging on to the EPFO portal? I have been trying to log in since last 4-5 days but every time it is asking me to change my password because of expiry of older one and ends up flashing a message " Failed to send OTP.Please try after sometime." when at the password change landing page. Anyone found a work around this?

I tried using the forgot password option as well, but the error I am getting again is - "Temporary problem at AADHAR server. Please try after some time."
oldcontessafan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 17:00   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcontessafan View Post
I tried using the forgot password option as well, but the error I am getting again is - "Temporary problem at AADHAR server. Please try after some time."
Hi, The EPF portal is notorious for this problem. Please have patience and try to login once everyday. If the planetary positions are favourably aligned, you will be given access.
HIGHWAY_PATROL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 17:44   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Is anyone facing an issue logging on to the EPFO portal? I have been trying to log in since last 4-5 days but every time it is asking me to change my password because of expiry of older one and ends up flashing a message " Failed to send OTP.Please try after sometime." when at the password change landing page. Anyone found a work around this?

We faced exact same issue in the same time frame. After cooling heals for 4 days the OTP gods smiled and our work went through.

Regards
Diesel
Old 2nd March 2024, 09:55   #1431
BANNED

Quote:
Is anyone facing an issue logging on to the EPFO portal?
Apparently, there is some maintenance going on with their portal due to which their Aadhar integration is broken & no one is able to login. Their twitter handle is busy regretting for at least 2-3 weeks now

Name:  EPFO.png
Views: 211
Size:  32.1 KB
Old 7th March 2024, 12:16   #1432
BANNED

A Kerala man committed suicide because his own money was stuck in EPFO for 9 years . All this for want of a School leaving certificate !!

They waited for him to die to give back his life’s savings’: Kerala man’s family takes legal action against EPFO officials

Quote:
Sivaraman, a native of Thrissur, Kerala, had retired from Apollo Tyres and kept visiting the EPFO office regularly for the past nine years after his retirement. Dues of over Rs 90,000 were kept pending by the EPFO to Sivaraman citing mismatch in his identification documents. The EPFO officials had demanded his school leaving certificate, which he could not provide, leading to the denial of the PF amount.

On February 7, he died by suicide by consuming poison inside the EPFO office at Kochi.

As per data analysed and reported by The Indian Express, rejection rates of EPF final settlement have surged, up from around 13 per cent in 2017-18 to nearly 34 per cent in 2022-23, which translates into over one in every three claims for final settlement of provident fund amount made by the members being turned down by the EPFO. Out of the three PF claim categories – final settlement, transfer and withdrawal – the rejection rate has sharply increased for the final settlement of PF claims over the last five years.
.sushilkumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 16:11   #1433
BANNED

Mods - Perhaps below post is more of frustration/ rant on EPFO & if any member can help with advice.

I am a member of EPFO since 2007 and was in same organization till 2016 with PF being held in EPFO Chennai.

My Ordeal with EPFO started in 2016 when i switched job and my new org choose to create a new UAN for me instead of transferring old UAN despite me providing them all the details. The new PF office concerned is EPFO Gurgaon while org have their own trust to manage PF. I ensured that my entire PF was transferred and was happy that it is done with myself being completely unaware about EPS services.

2022 - I left above org (EPFO Gurgaon) and joined Org B whose PF is held in same EPFO Chennai as it was in 2007-2016 era. Again got my PF transferred and thankfully EPS services were also transferred but it showed me as EPFO member from 2016 rather than 2007.

I realized the importance of EPS while trying to opt for Enhanced pension where it showed me as not eligible.

Upon further query, it was revealed that EPFO Gurgaon did not updated my EPS Services transfer during 2016 transfer, while EPFO Chennai did send the details to them. Same is evident from Ann K as well. Now, EPFO Chennai refused to update my service history from 2007 despite them having all the details as they think it should be EPFO Gurgaon who should send them Ann K from 2007 Till 2022. To me, it's a case of one finger not knowing what other is doing in same hand.

Started raising grievances to correct this and have so far raised 14 grievances, 2 RTI's & 2 complaints on PGPORTAL with zero results. Funnily enough if I read the replies of EPFO, one can make a whole episode of "EPFO jokes". I asked them to update my service history duly attaching my ann K and they reverted with "Pls login Online to update your demographic details citing some random circular on EPFO website. The circular was about some random rule about roles of EPFO employees". Another reply was "Please contact the concerned section PF office for annexure K". Once they said, it is pending approval.

I am just wondering if there is anyway that this can be accomplished. I am sick and tired raising these grievances and have no energy left now. I tried calling EPFO Gurgaon and put my phone on auto dialer. It rang for whole 60 minutes but ears of babus could not hear the phone ringing. Do EPFO have agents who can get the work done. It is pity that we have run from pillar to pillar for getting out hard earned money and dues while babus keep enjoying their life and perks on our expense.

Rant over.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 22nd March 2024 at 16:13.
.sushilkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 18:15   #1434
BANNED

Quote:

Started raising grievances to correct this and have so far raised 14 grievances, 2 RTI's & 2 complaints on PGPORTAL with zero results.
Finally a happy ending for a change. The 2nd complaint on PGPORTAL too fell nowhere & was closed with vague remarks like it is submitted for approval with competent authority.

Thankfully got a call from concerned govt department for feedback. Post a healthy 20-25 min feedback call, the lady on call logged a appeal on my behalf and that helped to move things ahead.

Just checked today and I can see my complete service history available finally.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 12th April 2024 at 18:16.
.sushilkumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 18:42   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
I realized the importance of EPS while trying to opt for Enhanced pension where it showed me as not eligible.
I guess, even you wanted to apply for higher pension scheme that EPFO allowed their subscribers last year. Now the window for applying the same is closed, right?
Also, from what I know, very few people (less than 20 i guess) have got their request accepted. Do you have any idea what is happening with this scheme? Do you think govt will try to scuttle this scheme even before it gets started?
Old 12th April 2024, 19:45   #1436
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I guess, even you wanted to apply for higher pension scheme that EPFO allowed their subscribers last year. Now the window for applying the same is closed, right?
yes, I wanted to apply but could not for obvious reasons. Today, think I took a correct decision however forced it was. Upon calculation, i realized that i will have to pay almost 50% of my current PF corpus as dues. Lastly, i stopped trusting govt with my money. About time that they will start taxing corpus held in EPFO. EPFO corpus is too big fish to be ignored for too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Also, from what I know, very few people (less than 20 i guess) have got their request accepted. Do you have any idea what is happening with this scheme? Do you think govt will try to scuttle this scheme even before it gets started?
Apologies but I stopped tracking what's going on with Pension scheme but it's pretty obvious that govt do not want people to subscribe and benefit from this. Govt in general, do not want anything worthwhile which helps middle class salaried folks like us.
.sushilkumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 14:20   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Is anyone facing an issue logging on to the EPFO portal? I have been trying to log in since last 4-5 days but every time it is asking me to change my password because of expiry of older one....
EPFO site's error-of-the-day is " Unable to reach CIDR servers. Url - 7" . Any party which puts fixing EPFO portal problem in their manifesto gets my vote .
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 13:48   #1438
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone, I was in service from 2005 till 2022. While I do have my employee ID and employer details, I don't think I ever did anything around getting my PF transferred anywhere.

When UAN was introduced my employer did provide me one and now I do have all details but not sure how to withdraw my PF.

Wanted to know how I can withdraw my PF since I'm no longer working for any company. I'm self-employed right now so would want to invest all the PF money in my business, would appreciate any guidance on this, thanks!
Old 24th April 2024, 18:17   #1439
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Wanted to know how I can withdraw my PF since I'm no longer working for any company. !
you can definitely withdraw all your PF. Assuming all your PF accounts are consolidated under single UAN number, you need be sure that your account have -

A) Updated KYC
B) Updated bank details
C) no spelling mistakes anywhere in your or father name.

If all above is correct, you can fill online request to withdraw since you are unemployed already.

if all your PF accounts are not under same UAN & are without a UAN number, in that case you need to follow the Office withdrawal process by visiting each PF office where PF is held.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 18:26   #1440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if all your PF accounts are not under same UAN & are without a UAN number, in that case you need to follow the Office withdrawal process by visiting each PF office where PF is held.
Thank you for responding, much appreciated!

The initial 10 years of my service were definitely without any UAN number. I had written to one of my previous employer and they wrote back asking me to fill up few forms and they'll submit it to the PF office for withdrawal, is that possible that I don't need to visit anywhere and my ex-employer can do it with paperwork only?

Lastly, I was able to setup a login ID and password for the EPFO site where they needed a cancelled cheque to be submitted amongst other things for PF withdrawal, I'm assuming for UAN that is available on the EPFO site I can do everything online, would it be correct assumption?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks