Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 12:04   #31
BANNED

EPFO

Look at the 2nd table.

AFAIK, what counts is total "membership" in the fund; which, as I understand it, means soemthing like this.

You joined EPF in 1992. You paid contributions up to 1994. That is 3 years membership. Next, you moved on to an organisation not covered by EPF. You join another organisation which is covered in 2002. And pay up to 2009. That 8 years in the second leg. Your total membership is 11 years.

That may be wrong though. Check. There would people known to your HR department, who will do the foot and paper work for you for a couple of hundreds.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:54   #32
BHPian

heard that from 2011, ANY kind of withdraw from PF will be Taxable, is this true ?
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:31   #33
BHPian

Need advice

I am moving abroad on a long term assignment.The process in our firm is that I would be relieved from our Indian office and will receive new offer in our US entity.

However,initial enquiry at office says that I cant close my PF account and it will remain idle until I quit the company or resume deposits when I return to India.

Has anyone been in this situation before?can I close my PF and make a withdrawal or have to let it remain idle?
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:33   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Is it possible to take a PF advance, for example to buy a house? If yes, after how many years, and also how does it work? Does one have to be in the same company, or is it the overall experience which is considered?

Thanks in advance, guys.
I think it is possible to take 30-40% of your PF as advance.
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:28   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I completed 5 years and 1 month when I resigned from my previous employer. I have applied for PF withdrawal. Will the amount be taxed?
Old 3rd February 2010, 21:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

No, since you completed 5 years tax would not be applicable.
Old 4th February 2010, 09:30   #37
Team-BHP Support

I wanted to check on the status of my PF transfer which was initiated by my former employer 3 years ago. However, when i called up the PF office where the old PF account was located, they say they cannot track online for an account which was transferred 3 years ago. How else can i confirm if the transfer has taken place?

The mail from my former employer mentions the date as well as DD number of the transfer initiation.

My current PF account is held with the KR Puram PF office (Bangalore), but none of their numbers listed online seem to work. Any hints, guys?
Old 4th February 2010, 10:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
I am moving abroad on a long term assignment.The process in our firm is that I would be relieved from our Indian office and will receive new offer in our US entity.

However,initial enquiry at office says that I cant close my PF account and it will remain idle until I quit the company or resume deposits when I return to India.

Has anyone been in this situation before?can I close my PF and make a withdrawal or have to let it remain idle?
@Jraj,your finance dept words are true. You cannot close the PF account until you leave the company.So the PF account will be idle until you come back and start depositing the amount here.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to check on the status of my PF transfer which was initiated by my former employer 3 years ago. However, when i called up the PF office where the old PF account was located, they say they cannot track online for an account which was transferred 3 years ago. How else can i confirm if the transfer has taken place?

The mail from my former employer mentions the date as well as DD number of the transfer initiation.

My current PF account is held with the KR Puram PF office (Bangalore), but none of their numbers listed online seem to work. Any hints, guys?
PF office people are correct.You cannot check the account online.Even if you call them they will not answer.You have to personally goto the office and give the PF number and DD details to one of the attendents and give him 50/- and he will check the status and let you know.That is the ony way to see now OR the previous company finance dept gets the PF deposit slips of every employee once in every year which is a long strip and has all the details of PF deposits till date.Try to get that.
Old 4th February 2010, 12:02   #40
Team-BHP Support

Shishir, it is possible to check the latest details by calling them, they have been giving out information atleast about the transfer. I know this since a colleague who recently joined the company used this process.

Looks like a trip to the PF office is inevitable. :( They dont work on Saturdays, right?
Old 4th February 2010, 12:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shishir, it is possible to check the latest details by calling them, they have been giving out information atleast about the transfer. I know this since a colleague who recently joined the company used this process.

Looks like a trip to the PF office is inevitable. :( They dont work on Saturdays, right?
@Ben, they don't work on Saturdays. Good that they have started giving the info on phone itself.A small step which helps lakhs of people. In your case I doubt that it will be solved on phone. You have to go there I feel OR try to get the PF slips from your previous employer(but they will also not entertain employees who have left---additional work without any advantage)
Old 9th February 2010, 22:06   #42
BHPian

Got this email from my HR:

Quote:
The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has launched a website to assist members to check their individual PF claim status such as transfers, withdrawals, etc. from the previous company / companies online. Though it still does not have the feature to check the balance accruals, the PF office is confident that this feature would be made available in the next 3 months.

• The link to view the status of the application submitted at Bangalore Regional Office is EPFO
• To know the status across India click at EPFO
• Once you login to the website click at the link Know Your Claim Status
• New webpage will open with the below fields to fill in.

Office Bangalore
Establishment Code Previous company’s code*

Extension Code(if any) NA
Employee No. Enter Your PF Number*

• Once you fill in the details click at Get Claim Status.
• The status will appear on the screen.

We hope this will be of help to you while checking the Provident fund claim status
Establishment code is typically the 5 digits after the state code in PF account numebr for e.g. KR/12345/xxxxx in this case 12345 is the establishment code of the company for whom you want to check the status.

Last edited by LastActionHero : 9th February 2010 at 22:07. Reason: Formatting
Old 9th February 2010, 22:38   #43
BHPian

Quote:

dont call- take some time out and visit - typically your query would be answered, whether your overall job is done or not is a different issue.
Old 9th February 2010, 23:58   #44
BANNED

benbsb29 - as subbarp rightly said, DONT call, pay them a visit if you want the matter resolved promptly and to your satisfaction. I can vouch on this from my past experience..
Old 7th July 2010, 10:57   #45
BHPian

Is it mandatory to transfer PF if you switch companies? Or is it my wish to withdraw? I don't care about the Tax deduction. I have got a mail from my previous employer that if I am working somewhere I *have* to send the new PF account details and initiate a transfer. I just want to withdraw as its a small amount.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks