Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 14:00   #181
BANNED

re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I have a very Old PF account - it's a 11 year old account. The company no longer exists. What do I do to withdraw the money?

The amount 11 years back was around 20000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
Dear All,

I require some urgent info regarding Provident Fund withdrawl. I quit my previous company in July, 2011. I have an EPF account with my previous company which i wanted to withdraw. I sent my withdrawl forms to the company in October and they acknowledged the receipt of the same. The HR informed me that they will send the docs to the payroll team for further processing.

In November, i sent an email to HR (as she was the point of contact)asking them whether the payroll has started the processing. No response. From then, i have been pinging them with no response from their side.

I have checked the withdrawl status ionline in EPFO website and no PF withdrawl application is found. I am worried that my PF account will be suspended and i will not be able to withdraw the money.

Please help me out with this. How do i proceed? Can i submit my withdrawl form directly to EPFO?

I am also in a similar fix wherein my old company is not cooperating with withdrawals. Now company name has also changed. I am also not very keen on following it with them. it is around 3.5 year back.

Is there any way i can withdraw my PF without old employer? i do have my PF no. It is in Mumbai.
Old 15th March 2012, 16:40   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I'm not sure, but other members on this thread have also mentioned that 6-18 months is the normal time taken to receive PF refund.

Rohan
Anyway to speed up the process? In the EPFO site, it is given that it takes about 30-45 days for the process to complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
I am also in a similar fix wherein my old company is not cooperating with withdrawals. Now company name has also changed. I am also not very keen on following it with them. it is around 3.5 year back.

Is there any way i can withdraw my PF without old employer? i do have my PF no. It is in Mumbai.
The best option would be to go to Mumbai EPFO and request your details and the withdrawl process.

Last edited by Pallavi : 15th March 2012 at 16:51.
Old 15th March 2012, 16:48   #183
BANNED

Quote:
Anyway to speed up the process? In the EPFO site, it is given that it takes about 30-45 days for the process to complete.

Without PF number it is very difficult to apply for withdrawl. The best option would be to go to Mumbai EPFO and request your details and the withdrawl process.
I know my PF number. But can i directly withdraw my EPF by approaching EPFO bandra office instead of going through old employer?

Does anybody from mumbai is aware of any agent in bandra office as i am not in mumbai.
Old 15th March 2012, 16:54   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You could register a grievance on the EPFO website.

But I have no idea how effective this would be.

Rohan
Old 15th March 2012, 16:55   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
I know my PF number. But can i directly withdraw my EPF by approaching EPFO bandra office instead of going through old employer?

Does anybody from mumbai is aware of any agent in bandra office as i am not in mumbai.
Sorry misread your post.

Even my previous company HR was very unprofessional that i sent emails for months without a response from them.. Not even an acknowledgement!! The easiest way would be to drop an email to the HR of your old company asking them to start processing PF withdrawl. Any reason why you are not comfortable contacting them?

Last edited by Pallavi : 15th March 2012 at 16:57.
Old 19th April 2012, 11:39   #186
BHPian

I have the following queries regarding PF.

1) I quit my previous organization on March 31st 2011 & applied for PF withdrawal by submitting all the required docs (Claim form 10 C & 19) in June. The amount was still not transferred so yesterday I checked up on the website and got the following status.

The "Provident Fund" Thread-untitled.jpg

Can anyone tell me the reason for the rejection of claim form 10 C & how come they have reapplied on March 2012 using claim form 19. I am totally confused.

2) The second issue is I have rejoined the the organization which I had quit before joining the above. I had not transferred the PF amount when I quit and now I have 2 PF accounts with the same the organization. The finance guys are saying I cannot withdraw the PF amount from the 1st account as I am back with the same organization and would need to transfer the amount to the new account. My query is are they correct and I cannot withdraw from the 1st account and if I decide.

3) What is the significance of form 10 C & 19?

Last edited by Racer_X : 19th April 2012 at 11:41.
Old 24th April 2012, 15:55   #187
Senior - BHPian

Just when i was looking for an EPF thread i find this, lovely. Have a problem with EPF office Pune which i need help solving. This problem has been lingering on for quiet some time. Here are the details

1. Used to work in Bangalore (Company A)
2. Changed job and went to work for (Company B) in Pune, gave request to transfer amount from Company A.
3. Before the Company A amount was transferred to Company B EPF account i left company B and joined Company C in Bangalore.
4. Gave a request in company C to transfer from Company B.

In the end here is what i see
1. Company C EPF has amount from Company B credited amount and Company A EPF amount is missing.
2. Went to Bangalore EPF to check the status of Company A EPF amount, they gave statement that it was transferred to Company B.
3. Raised multiple grievances to Company B EPF (Pune) they never gave any details.
4. Raised an RTI to EPF of Company B (Pune) to give the details, giving proof of Company A (transfer details, and status).
5. Last week got response from Company B EPF (Pune) that the amount is lying there and asked me to either fill Form 19&10C or Form 13.

My questions
1. Do i need to get endorsement from Company B (Pune) to file Form 19&10C? Or can i send this form directly to EPF office giving details of the RTI response?
Old 25th April 2012, 14:59   #188
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
I have the following queries regarding PF.

1) I quit my previous organization on March 31st 2011 & applied for PF withdrawal by submitting all the required docs (Claim form 10 C & 19) in June. The amount was still not transferred so yesterday I checked up on the website and got the following status.

Attachment 917594

Can anyone tell me the reason for the rejection of claim form 10 C & how come they have reapplied on March 2012 using claim form 19. I am totally confused.

2) The second issue is I have rejoined the the organization which I had quit before joining the above. I had not transferred the PF amount when I quit and now I have 2 PF accounts with the same the organization. The finance guys are saying I cannot withdraw the PF amount from the 1st account as I am back with the same organization and would need to transfer the amount to the new account. My query is are they correct and I cannot withdraw from the 1st account and if I decide.

I am facing a similar issue.

I filled up Form 13 for transferring my PF from my old employer to my current PF account. The old PF account is in Mumbai and my current one is in Bangalore.

I checked up the status in the website and it says that my claim is rejected.

What are my options now? Do I need to visit the Mumbai PF office?
Old 25th April 2012, 15:04   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I checked up the status in the website and it says that my claim is rejected.
Most often the reason for rejection is signature mismatch, which can happen over the years, happens more if you have stayed at one place for quiet long . In your case because its a transfer ask your present employer to get this thing sorted out.

Anyways, the EPF office should send it in writing, if you do not get any response, try sending someone on your behalf to check things out, otherwise raise an RTI if needed.

I found after 6 years that there is quiet decent amount missing from my EPF balance. Now i know where it is after filing an RTI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post

So there are two parts to EPF, one is your contribution and one is employer contribution, hence the two entries. My guess is the other one will also be rejected. If not then you will get one portion (Not really sure about this)

He is right, as per the rules you withdraw EPF when you are no longer working , hence he will not be able to certify that when you are working in the same organization, but check this out with a consultant if you can.

10c and 19 is for withdrawal, of your and company contribution. Form 13 is for transfer.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 25th April 2012 at 15:12.
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:02   #190
BHPian

Hi All,

Couple of months before I resigned from my previous organisation and subsequently submitted forms for PF withdrawal. I live in Bangalore, however my previous employers head office was in Thane hence they created my PF account there. Upon comparing my PF slip and my pay slip there is a mismatch in the PF office code. In my pay slip the PF office code is mentioned as 'THA' and in my PF slip it is mentioned as 'THN'. When I checked online, I could not find my data in their database.

Could someone let me know whether are there 2 PF offices in Thane with codes 'THN' & 'THA'? Could it be a printing mistake on my PF slip?
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:16   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Could someone let me know whether are there 2 PF offices in Thane with codes 'THN' & 'THA'? Could it be a printing mistake on my PF slip?
I believe they rejigged the codes and hence the confusion, please check the attached picture THA is the correct one. You could check balance and raise grievance against them if they refuse/reject the withdrawal. BTW you can go here (http://epfoservices.in/epfo/member_b...ice_select.php) and check your balance.

The "Provident Fund" Thread-epfoffice.jpg

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 3rd May 2012 at 16:17.
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:44   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
My questions
1. Do i need to get endorsement from Company B (Pune) to file Form 19&10C? Or can i send this form directly to EPF office giving details of the RTI response?

Hi Mayank,

Apologies for the delay! At last you got to know where your hard earned money is.

I would suggest that you go through these forms (19&10C) as asked by the EPF office, if they are required to be endorsed by the employer (Company B) then please go via that channel only. It will speed up the process.

Once filed, wait for another 1 - 1.5 months and then file another RTI to track the "Day Wise status" of your PF Withdrawl application. You will see the PF department in action.

Cheers!
Irish
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:03   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Apologies for the delay! At last you got to know where your hard earned money is.
Thanks to you, sorry i did not call earlier and updated. Yes i am proceeding with filling up and getting endorsement from Company B in Pune. Took some time to locate the HR etc. Hopefully the money will arrive soon.

EPF folks usually do a very shabby job (Depending on location) if you raise a grievance, i have tried the grievance in EPF Bangalore and got instant and full updates whereas when i did the same in Pune EPF they always skipped the questions that i had asked. Finally they danced the right tune when i filed the RTI. Advise, if your money is stuck in Pune EPFO, and folks are unresponsive then use the RTI to get the work done.

For me it took 7 years, i had left Pune in Aug 2006.
Old 9th May 2012, 11:37   #194
BHPian

There is a good news to share!

The government is going to implement the Provident Number portability i.e. now you can shift as many companies as you want but you will have one unique PF Number. They plan to link this PF Number with the PAN Number or the UID. If implemented properly then threads like this one will become a history.

Quote:
Coming soon: Provident fund number portability

At least 1 crore of the accounts with EPFO, with over Rs 15,000 crore, are lying idle as subscribers have not transferred the funds to their new accounts.

NEW DELHI: Soon, you will be able to switch jobs without worrying about transferring your lifelong savings lying with the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). Like your mobile number, the EPFO intends to shift to a portable unique account number that will make this possible.

As per the plan, EPF accounts will be linked to the National Population Registry or the permanent account number ( PAN) or the unique identity ( UID) number. This will provide multiple options to the employees to avail the benefit.

Currently, salaried employees need to open new EPF accounts whenever they change jobs, and in most cases, the employers also insist that a new account be opened because the process of migrating old accounts is unviable and time-taking. It becomes more difficult if the employee shifts from one city to another for a job.

A government official said if the new system comes into being, it will lead to a decline in number of claims settlement procedures and will do away with 80% of the work burden of the EPFO. EPFO recently introduced an electronic facility for employers to contribute to EPF, and also enable subscribers to keep track of their accounts online.
Complete News: Coming soon: Provident fund number portability - The Times of India

Cheers!
Irish
Old 9th May 2012, 14:06   #195
Team-BHP Support

About time they did this! Right now, its agonizing to go through the grind only to collect what was ours to start with!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks