Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 14:26   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

I Checked the online PF balance and I got a SMS . It had 2 parts

EE and ER . ER is less than EE . EE is employee and ER is employer ? .
And do companies hold the contributions and send it at the end of financial year to PF office ? . Because it says aacounts updated upto 31/3/2011 .
Old 9th May 2012, 14:30   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
And do companies hold the contributions and send it at the end of financial year to PF office ? . Because it says accounts updated up-to 31/3/2011
Usually they do not (at least i am not aware of any company that holds them for a year. Its just that the EPF systems are updated once a year hence you see the balance as of 31 March 2011. If you try after a few more months you could get update as on 31 March 2012.
Old 9th May 2012, 14:38   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Usually they do not (at least i am not aware of any company that holds them for a year. Its just that the EPF systems are updated once a year hence you see the balance as of 31 March 2011. If you try after a few more months you could get update as on 31 March 2012.
Thanks mayank.

Do you know what is EE and ER stands for in the details given ? .If EE is employee and ER is employer amount ,then both should be same right ? .ER is less than EE . I am confused now . Need to visit my previous companies finance team . :|
Old 9th May 2012, 15:43   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you know what is EE and ER stands for in the details given ? .If EE is employee and ER is employer amount ,then both should be same right ? .ER is less than EE . I am confused now . Need to visit my previous companies finance team . :|
EE is Employee Contribution
ER is Employer contribution

ER is less than EE as some portion of the ER goes into pension fund, i am not sure of the exact percentage. (Found this while googling, i thought it was 2%) here are the details.

Employee provident fund = ( employee 12% + 3.67% of employer share)
employee pension fund = remaining 8.33% of employer share.
Old 9th May 2012, 16:05   #200
Senior - BHPian

Ho thanks for clarification mayak .I did not know this .
So when we withdraw ,we will be getting both EE+ER right ? .Sorry for silly question again .

Last edited by black12rr : 9th May 2012 at 16:06.
Old 9th May 2012, 17:45   #201
BHPian

My PF No is MH/PUN/124112. When I enter these details in EPF site, it asks for Establishment code. What is that?

Also now I have one PF account in Pune, and two in Bangalore. Can I close/transfer 1st and 2nd to third one?
Old 9th May 2012, 17:57   #202
BHPian

I have been struggling to transfer my PF amount lying in the previous account. I had applied for the transfer when I left my previous company 6 years back. The transfer has not taken place. As I did not get proper updates from the Bangalore PF office, I tried to tally the current company contribution for the past 6 years based on the PF slip balance which also I got only once. Unfortunately the fluctuating interest rates, deductions and the month which the company deposited the amount - all contributed to me not getting the proper balance. Hence could not make out whether the PF amount is actually transfered or not.

I still applied for the transfer 8 months back and 2 months back I got the update on the PF site that the transfer is rejected. I personally went to PF office and after waiting for hours never got any updates despite talking to the Asst. PF commissioner which was expected.

Now the HRs of the current company and previous company have suggested me to withdraw the amount. I have to submit an affidavit (as the transfer has not done within 3 years of leaving the company) and other details for this.

I will start this from next week onwards...
Old 10th May 2012, 10:26   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So when we withdraw ,we will be getting both EE+ER right ? .Sorry for silly question again .
You are welcome, yes when you withdraw you get everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
My PF No is MH/PUN/124112. When I enter these details in EPF site, it asks for Establishment code. What is that?

Also now I have one PF account in Pune, and two in Bangalore. Can I close/transfer 1st and 2nd to third one?
There is one number missing after PUN/XXX/124112. Check with your employer or check in the payslips or Tax sheets somewhere they might have mentioned there. Establishment code is a code given to every company. Yes you can transfer or withdraw the amount. Form number 19 & 10C for withdrawal and Form 13 for transfer through your present employer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
As I did not get proper updates from the Bangalore PF office, I tried to tally the current company contribution for the past 6 years based on the PF slip balance which also I got only once.
Raise a grievance (or RTI if you do not get proper response) as to why the transfer was unsuccessful, you being in bangalore would make it very easy. When calculating the PF balance put in 8% interest annually, that should make it easy to figure out if there is some amount missing.
Old 10th May 2012, 10:45   #204
BHPian

Am going through a whole lot of issues with my PF. I just dont understand why they cant be professional like the rest of us employeed people.

I had asked for a transfer some 3 years ago to my new employeer. Never happened...anyway after I stopped working, I decided to take out my PF and use the money, but I got only the amount that I had earned from my last employeer. The older amount which had collected over 8-9 years was never transferred. So I went back to my old employer and he re sent a application to redeem the amount. Now I see the PF site saying that the amount in the old employer account has been approved for transfer to my new9er) employer PF...I have raised a grievance about a week ago, without any reply.
Old 10th May 2012, 11:22   #205
BHPian

Quote:
You are welcome, yes when you withdraw you get everything.
Mayank,
Sorry to trouble you again. Extending the query, when we withdraw, do we also get the pension fund also ? And is it taxable ?

Thanks a ton. Cheers !
Old 10th May 2012, 11:42   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Mayank,
Sorry to trouble you again. Extending the query, when we withdraw, do we also get the pension fund also ? And is it taxable ?
Yes you get everything including the pension portion as well. On taxable thingy there is a confusion, so i believe at the moment they do not tax it (Might need to check this) but i am aware that the govt is pushing EPF to deduct the tax on withdrawal at source, which they have been avoiding for sometime now.
Old 10th May 2012, 11:51   #207
Team-BHP Support

I had changed companies in September last year and had not transferred the PF amount to the current company's account. The money is still lying idle there and I would like to withdraw it now. Is it not possible to approach EPFO office here in Bangalore directly and submit the forms ourselves? The reason I ask this is because one of my colleagues who also quit around the same time had submitted the withdrawal forms to the company HR and he still hasn't received the amount after 6 months of submitting the application. I suppose the company HR has delayed submitting it to EPFO office.

What exactly are the details the company enters on the form 19 and form 10C applications? Can we not visit the HR, get these details along with the seal and sign, and submit it at the EPFO office ourselves? I don't mind standing in the queue in EPFO and wasting 1 day doing this myself. At least that's better than following up with the company HR for months together without them responding properly. We won't even know when the company submits our forms to EPFO. They might be keeping it with them for months together and then blame it on EPFO for the delay.

Could any of you advise me on this?
Old 10th May 2012, 14:58   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I have raised a grievance about a week ago, without any reply.
I am going through exactly similar situation, fortunately you are in the same city as the EPF office. They take about 30 days to respond to your grievance. If they do not respond just raise an RTI and once you get a response go to your last employer showing the RTI response and take their help in filing a withdrawal request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The reason I ask this is because one of my colleagues who also quit around the same time had submitted the withdrawal forms to the company HR and he still hasn't received the amount after 6 months of submitting the application.
For me it took more than six months to get the amount credited. You will have to go through the employer to get the money withdrawn. Ask the person responsible for PF related work to give you an acknowledgement of filing the withdrawal form.
Old 10th May 2012, 15:00   #209
BHPian

I am not in the same city. My PF office is in Mumbai, and I am in Bangalore, which makes it all the more difficult.
Old 10th May 2012, 15:13   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
EE is Employee Contribution
ER is Employer contribution

ER is less than EE as some portion of the ER goes into pension fund, i am not sure of the exact percentage. (Found this while googling, i thought it was 2%) here are the details.

Employee provident fund = ( employee 12% + 3.67% of employer share)
employee pension fund = remaining 8.33% of employer share.
When we apply for withdrawal of PF we get both EE + ER. But,according to your description above, ER is less as 8.33% of employer share goes into employee pension fund.

What is this pension fund?

I thought that when you withdraw, you get the full amount which is full share of EE and full share of ER?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks