Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2021, 09:12   #931
BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
I have just checked EPF portal and the interest till March 2020 has been credited now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhushan08 View Post
Surprisingly, no interest has been credit for last year. THe last interest entry is in March2019. Is this usual?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Mine is the same situation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhushan08 View Post
Checked. No interest for the last two years. Is there some way to figure out what is going on?
Finally, today, the online passbook showed the interest for financial year 2019-20.
Old 18th January 2021, 10:43   #932
BHPian

My online passbook does not even show the interest for March 2020, dont know when it will get updated.
Old 18th January 2021, 11:54   #933
BHPian

I just checked the EPF passbook and saw that interest till march 2020 was credited on 9th January.
Old 19th January 2021, 19:03   #934
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone come across the APP from the Govt called 'UMANG' ? I was trying to get to the EPFO portal to sort something out, and was unsuccessful. On their page, I saw UMANG.

Found this quite useful, and I could download my PF Passbook in a jiff. The app is a Mobile number / Aadhar / URN based login, with OTP based authentication and it was easy. The user interface may not be the most best looking, but I could get what I wanted from here.

This App is available across both Android and iOS
Old 25th January 2021, 15:40   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
The concept of the interest calculation is not on the running balance but on a 'dynamic' closing balance (= Opening balance of next FY). Once the interest is credited, the closing balance of the previous year changes and opening balance of current year gets updated retrospectively. So the date of interest credit really doesn't matter.

Of course, the real proof of the pudding is in the eating. So please download a statement today and compare it with a statement after interest credit. The opening balance of 2020-21 should have the interest amount included.
Thanks. I compared the before and after interest credited passbooks and found exactly as you mentioned.
Closing balance of 2019-20 = opening balance of 2020-21, both with the interest amount added.
Old 25th January 2021, 16:56   #936
BHPian

Checked today morning and interest is yet to be credited. I think I will now wait for the month end, perhaps they might update the passbook (hopefully) when they show the entry for January.
Old 25th January 2021, 19:42   #937
BHPian

Just checked EPF passbook and the interest is credited till March 2020.
Old 26th January 2021, 20:32   #938
BHPian

If my PF is credited in company's trust, how will I be able to view the interest credited and the general things one sees in a PF passbook?
Old 26th January 2021, 20:50   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Checked today morning and interest is yet to be credited. I think I will now wait for the month end, perhaps they might update the passbook (hopefully) when they show the entry for January.
Even in my case the interest is yet to be credited. Seeing so many forum members reporting receipt of the interest, was feeling kind of left out. I take solace in that I'm not the only one left out :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
If my PF is credited in company's trust, how will I be able to view the interest credited and the general things one sees in a PF passbook?
Earlier my employer had a private trust, and we used to get annual statements from the trust via the employer (either hard copy or via a custom portal).
Old 27th January 2021, 10:22   #940
BHPian

Anyone knows what happens to the pension component? If you switch companies, only the PF gets transferred and the pension amount remains with the respective PF office/trust.
Old 27th January 2021, 10:33   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Even in my case the interest is yet to be credited. Seeing so many forum members reporting receipt of the interest, was feeling kind of left out. I take solace in that I'm not the only one left out :-)
I am also in the "interest-not-yet-credited" club
Old 27th January 2021, 14:40   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Anyone knows what happens to the pension component? If you switch companies, only the PF gets transferred and the pension amount remains with the respective PF office/trust.
I would also like to know what happens finally to the pension component? Do they return it back fully upon one's retirement?
Old 29th January 2021, 21:22   #943
Senior - BHPian

I also checked and found interest updated in Jan'21.

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
I would also like to know what happens finally to the pension component? Do they return it back fully upon one's retirement?
Even I was wondering for the same. The total PF amount doesn't constitutes pension component.
Old 30th January 2021, 13:21   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I also checked and found interest updated in Jan'21.

Even I was wondering for the same. The total PF amount doesn't constitutes pension component.
An individual is eligible for a pension benefit if he has completed at least 10 years of service. In case the service period is not met, the individual will be entitled for lump sum withdrawal of contribution as specified under the EPS scheme."

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...campaign=cppst
Old 1st February 2021, 16:12   #945
Senior - BHPian

PF interest above 2.5 lacs made taxable in the budget. Many salaried folks iwll be affected. They could've chosen a higher limit at least

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks