Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 31st October 2019, 15:39   #841
BHPian

Default Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
What is this new interest in seeing your interest in ones passbook ?

There s really no point in logging in each quarter and worrying about it.
Agree there's nothing much to do seeing the passbook except that it gives a sense of security of how much you have in our kitty.

Taking advantage of such feelings the present govt took it to another level. Minister Santosh Gangwar announced that ahead of festival season, govt is giving a bonanza to PF subscribers by way of giving 8.65% interest amount credited in ones PF account. Link

This is nothing but headline management.
fordday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 10:04   #842
Distinguished - BHPian

After seeing updates from other TBHPians that the interest for their PF accounts has been credited in the last few weeks, I logged into my account today hoping to see a similar credit as well. Unfortunately, I am yet to receive the amount to date. Last year it was credited on the 4th of October. Sigh! The wait continues. Are there others also who are still waiting for the interest amounts?
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2019, 14:32   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
What is this new interest in seeing your interest in ones passbook ? ....
There s really no point in logging in each quarter and worrying about it.
Not really. For 2017-18, the interest had not got credited automatically. It got credited only after I had raised a grievance. And no, there was no change in employment or any parameter :-). My previous posts, on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
No. Two years interest is still to be credited.

The last interest entry is :

2017-06-17 2017-2018 Int. Updated upto 31/03/2017
Quote:
I raised a grievance saying Interest not credited for 2 Financial years. They have now paid the interest for the last year, given the following reason and closed the grievance.

Bottomline, I had to raise a grievance to get the interest pending for 1.5 years.

Attachment 1915468

Thanks to this thread, otherwise I wouldn't have even looked whether interest got credited.
DigitalOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 00:01   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Not really. For 2017-18, the interest had not got credited automatically. It got credited only after I had raised a grievance. And no, there was no change in employment or any parameter :-). My previous posts, on this thread.
No matter when it gets credited on your passbook, it will be accurately calculated and paid when you withdraw it. For personal calculation one can use a spreadsheet.
EPFO maintains record of contributions made thru the receipts. When you withdraw, a calculation is made based on these contribution dates and the interest rates that should apply.
ashokrajagopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2019, 07:56   #845
BHPian

Is there a time limit on getting PF transfers done from organization 1 to organization 2? By time limit, I mean after someone quits previous organization and joins the new organization.
pandey.jai is offline   Reply With Quote