Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2020, 17:50   #916
BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/epfo...dtv_topstories

As we speak the interest has started going into the accounts of at least six crore provident fund subscribers.
Old 8th January 2021, 12:24   #917
BHPian

It is more than a week and I am yet to see credit of interest. Has any one received interest in their account?
Old 8th January 2021, 12:49   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
It is more than a week and I am yet to see credit of interest. Has any one received interest in their account?
I too checked twice. Interest still not deposited
Old 9th January 2021, 14:08   #919
BHPian

I have withdrawn my PF amount entirely and I got it with the updated interest. I have go both PF + pension credited within 10 days of applying for withdrawal. But in my passbook it is not updated. As mentioned by one of the staff at PF office, the passbook will be updated by 16-Jan.
Old 9th January 2021, 14:33   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcentrk View Post
I need to withdraw my PF funds. But since my Aadhar and PAN name mismatched. if I try to withdraw I can't get complete amount and 30% will be paid towards tax.
AFAIK withdrawal of PF is taxable if you have completed less than 5 years of continuous service.

If you have completed more than 5 years of continuous service and withdraw on resignation, then the proceeds are tax free.
Old 9th January 2021, 15:01   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
AFAIK withdrawal of PF is taxable if you have completed less than 5 years of continuous service.

If you have completed more than 5 years of continuous service and withdraw on resignation, then the proceeds are tax free.
Thats why I submitted form-15 to avoid the tax. And now I got the full amount!
Old 9th January 2021, 17:17   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcentrk View Post
I have withdrawn my PF amount entirely and I got it with the updated interest. I have go both PF + pension credited within 10 days of applying for withdrawal. But in my passbook it is not updated. As mentioned by one of the staff at PF office, the passbook will be updated by 16-Jan.
Can you please guide me on the process. I also need to withdraw PF and there is name mismatch between UaN and PAN. Thanks in advance.
Old 9th January 2021, 17:44   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Can you please guide me on the process. I also need to withdraw PF and there is name mismatch between UaN and PAN. Thanks in advance.
Ok. This is what I did.

- Visited the PF office and get a token for Customer Support help.

- Once I went there, I explained my issue and since my tenure is <5 years, they said I have to submit form-15 G to get full amount without 30% tax.

- We should keep Aadhar/PAN/Bank Passbook in our hand so that we can furnish when they need any. If you have given other proofs, make sure to take that as well.

- They will use our login to do the submission by uploading the proofs and file the claim request. That's it. Wait for a week to see the status and at the worst you may get your amount within 20 days.

All in all, it took me good ~45 minutes including the wait time. So not bad! But make sure to reach there before 9am to get things done faster.

If you are thinking about online process, just download the Form-15G, fill it up and submit. But since you have name mismatch I'd suggest you to visit your nearby PF office, just for the sake of peace of mind.
xcentrk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 16:49   #924
BHPian

I have just checked EPF portal and the interest till March 2020 has been credited now. There seems to be a new format for the passbook which makes it easier to go year by year.
Gsynch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 19:18   #925
Distinguished - BHPian

Colleague filed an online application for a house purchase loan from the EPFO. Fellow was amazed to get the RTGS (90% of balance) in his bank account in 4 days flat. Amazing!
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 20:12   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
I have just checked EPF portal and the interest till March 2020 has been credited now. There seems to be a new format for the passbook which makes it easier to go year by year.

I checked my passbook and noticed no interest for this year. Surprisingly, no interest has been credit for last year. THe last interest entry is in March2019. Is this usual?
Old 17th January 2021, 13:12   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhushan08 View Post
I checked my passbook and noticed no interest for this year. Surprisingly, no interest has been credit for last year. THe last interest entry is in March2019. Is this usual?
In my updated passbook, it shows an entry " Interest updated on 31/03/2020".

you can see it on Umang app too.
Old 17th January 2021, 15:08   #928
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhushan08 View Post
Mine is the same situation
Old 17th January 2021, 18:31   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
In my updated passbook, it shows an entry " Interest updated on 31/03/2020".

you can see it on Umang app too.
Checked. No interest for the last two years. Is there some way to figure out what is going on? All contributions are showing up correctly.
Old 17th January 2021, 23:43   #930

Hi,

I have a query regarding EPF.
I was working with a pvt firm (worked with them for less than 5 years), and left the job in 2017. Now i have joined a government job, and there has been no contribution to that account since March 2017. If i withdraw the full amount (for investment purposes), does the amount get taxed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks