Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2019, 22:33   #826
BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
But I am stuck at one point which says "Attestation Through" and options are "Previous Employer" and "Current Employer". I am puzzled as what to select here.
Both the options are good and should work. If you select previous employer option then you will get a form that you have to sign and submit to your previous employer.

Quote:
I tried with both attestation options and on clicking "Get Details" it keeps saying "No previous employment found for this UAN#".
Why would that happen?
Please check whether both the past and present PF accounts are visible in your profile. The accounts should also be visible on the transfer/claim page.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:13   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Thanks for the info. Could you please update how you raised the grievance?
Use this link : https://epfigms.gov.in/Grievance/GrievanceMaster

Give the category as "Passbook Enquiries". I got a response in around 5-6 working days.
Old 2nd October 2019, 23:06   #828
BHPian

Just found out that interest for 18-19 financial year has been credited in my passbook
Old 4th October 2019, 14:15   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptChatterjee View Post
Just found out that interest for 18-19 financial year has been credited in my passbook
Is your EPF managed in-house by the Employer? In my wife's case, her PF account is managed by her employer and interest was credited into her account, but in cases where the PF is managed by the government, I haven't heard of any interest credit as yet.

Hence asking.
Old 4th October 2019, 14:52   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Is your EPF managed in-house by the Employer? In my wife's case, her PF account is managed by her employer and interest was credited into her account, but in cases where the PF is managed by the government, I haven't heard of any interest credit as yet.

Hence asking.
My EPF is Government managed one too. My wife, on the other hand, has not received the interest (her PF is also managed by EPFO). Many of my colleagues are yet to be credited. So, I guess, the process is still going on and would take some more time.
Old 4th October 2019, 15:55   #831
Senior - BHPian

The interest for my PF contribution for the year 2018-19 has been credited. My PF is in company trust and interest rate of 9% has been announced.
Old 29th October 2019, 14:24   #832
BHPian

Interest for my PF account was credited on 24th October. last year it was credited on 21 September 2018.

I have a query.
For next year interest calculation, will they use the interest credited date as 01 April 2019 or 24 October? If it is the latter, are we not losing interest for the period from 01 April?
Old 29th October 2019, 17:56   #833
BHPian

Where did you check the credited amount. At least it’s not reflected in my App
Old 29th October 2019, 18:31   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Where did you check the credited amount. At least it’s not reflected in my App
Assuming the query was directed at me, it is there in from the website E-passbook. Reading from the previous posts, it seems EPFO is doing the credit in batches, so everybody may not have got it till now.
Old 30th October 2019, 15:11   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Interest for my PF account was credited on 24th October. last year it was credited on 21 September 2018.

I have a query.
For next year interest calculation, will they use the interest credited date as 01 April 2019 or 24 October? If it is the latter, are we not losing interest for the period from 01 April?
As far as I understand it, the interest credit, however late, is valuedated 01 April. And calculations are based on value dates. So we should all be fine.
Old 30th October 2019, 15:31   #836
Senior - BHPian

I have submitted Annexure K (received from previous organization having private PF fund) to my current organization having government PF fund on 17th July 2019. It's been over 3 months now but the amount is still not reflected on my current passbook.

Please suggest what should be done.
Old 30th October 2019, 16:04   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Interest for my PF account was credited on 24th October.
PF account interest has been credited on 25-Oct for me.
Old 30th October 2019, 22:08   #838
BHPian

What is this new interest in seeing your interest in ones passbook ? PF is calculated for the service with exact dates of contribution and relevant interest rates. Whenever you have to withdraw it will be accurately calculated. You can use a spreadsheet for personal bookkeeping.
There s really no point in logging in each quarter and worrying about it.
Old 31st October 2019, 14:48   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
What is this new interest in seeing your interest in ones passbook ? .....There s really no point in logging in each quarter and worrying about it.
I do not think so. Refer the article shared.

Quote:
  • Till the time interest is credited to the account, the amount will not get compound interest
  • If a subscriber has ₹1 mn deposit in his EPF account, he or she will not get the benefit of compound interest of ₹86,500 for half a year

Source: https://www.livemint.com/politics/po...784717166.html

Since the last 5 years, I have been slowly and steadily increasing my contribution to my VPF (thereby reducing my takehome). Now I am at the max end of my VPF contribution limit, so for me these losses are quite significant. Am wondering why is there no legal action/case filed for this cause.
Old 31st October 2019, 15:07   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
I do not think so. Refer the article shared.

Source: https://www.livemint.com/politics/po...784717166.html

Since the last 5 years, I have been slowly and steadily increasing my contribution to my VPF (thereby reducing my takehome). Now I am at the max end of my VPF contribution limit, so for me these losses are quite significant. Am wondering why is there no legal action/case filed for this cause.
There is no legal action because the article is plain wrong.
PF calculates compound interest based on quarterly running balances alright, but it does not happen on that exact calendar date.

When you raise a request for withdrawal, the PF system runs a calculation on the amount of contributions from you/employer, applies interest rates over the years to do the running total calculation and arrives at the amount eligible. So, if you are retiring in 2020, your PF passbook can have no entries whatsoever about interest. All that matters is whether the contributors have reciept of payment. The calculation is done based on all the interest rates that should apply and the final amount is cleared for payment.
PF system was running for decades thru paper. Now the EPFO does the calculations digitally, thats the only difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks