Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 22:59   #31
BHPian

just saw "300" and all of its beautiful n gory details in full HD, awesome i say
Old 16th January 2009, 01:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Where do you buy the BDs from? Do we get them cheaper in Chennai? (burma/pondy bazaars?)
I use to buy them from USA through ebay no way you buy BDs in burma/pondy bazaars. no a day the burma bazaars guy are selling dual layer dvds in bluray box as Blurays for 200rs.
Old 16th January 2009, 01:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

The documentary series from netflix - The Serengeti, and The Deep Sea.
Movies- 'Into the Blue';Narnia.
My Toshiba 56" DLP sure displays good stuff,1080p!
Old 26th January 2009, 13:31   #34
BHPian

there is really no other way to watch a concert but in HD. I just saw a red hot chili peppers concert in 720p and a john mayer concert in 1080p (where the light is - bluray) and the experience is truly awesome
Old 4th February 2009, 15:34   #35
BHPian

I saw the following over the weekend in 1080p and dolby/dts 5.1

1) Aviator (leo dicaprio playing howard hughes) - this is an awesome movie to watch (a tad long) both for the stunning plane scenes and sounds, especially when the crashes happen, the sound really moves around the setup.
2) Italian Job (the original one - hdtv print) - no big deal, but did enjoy the sounds of the old minis
3) Italian Job (mark wahlberg) - excellent watch on a good setup, especially if you like the sounds of tuned minis
4) Saving Private Ryan - if you like war movies, try and get hold of an hd print of this and you will suprised with the bullets whizzing around you on a good HT setup.
Old 27th March 2009, 21:43   #36
BHPian

Star Wars !!

I plan to watch all the 6 episodes of Star Wars 1080p and dolby digital (5.1 ) over this long weekend.
Saw the first 2 episodes so far today and it is an awesome experience
Old 28th March 2009, 11:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

I am yet to find any single movie which can compete with "The Day after tomorrow" from the starting scene to multiple.. for the Surround Sound effects, it will blow your HTS away, along with you !!!
Old 28th March 2009, 11:38   #38
BHPian

oh its that good? - let me see if i can get hold of a bluray or dvd of this movie then - my star wars is on hold cos today i am watching f1 qualifying on my setup after all we are bhpians and nothing beats the sound of screaming engines on your HT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I am yet to find any single movie which can compete with "The Day after tomorrow" from the starting scene to multiple.. for the Surround Sound effects, it will blow your HTS away, along with you !!!
Old 16th June 2009, 23:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Visually Stunning movies/documentaries

I know we've many threads on movies where mostly we rate the movies that we've seen. Recently after buying a plasma and enjoying the stunning visuals that some movies bring home through their awesomest of the awesome scenes. And add to that I've followed a link about top 10 visually stunning movies here: Unreality - The 10 Most Visually Stunning Movies of the Last 10 Years | (I'm not saying that the list posted in this link is absolute but just posted it as a pointer)
So I would like to know from our members which are the movies that you think is a visually stunning movie? Which contains exotic locals, mind blowing graphics or special effects that moves you to pick that DVD again and again. The movie need not be a great movie story-wise but has to be visually stunning. Please do share your thoughts.

As for my list I found following visually stunning :
1. LOTR - All of them are stunning. Those graphics just titillates the visual senses.
2. Cars - specially the scene where the Porche and McQueen go for a drive.
3. Kabul Express - For those beautifuls sceneries of Afghanistan.
4. Rang-e-khoda (Colors of Paradise) - Iranian film and never knew that Iran has such beautiful places.
5. The scenes in "What dreams may come" have been processed in a different way and they looked dreamy.
Few more like Lakshya & Paap for Ladakh scenes and Matrix too for it's visual effects can be added to the list.
Please share your visually stunning movies.
Regards,
Kaushik

Note to Mods: I tried to find out if there is any such threads existing but unable to find any. If there is any then please merge with that thread.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 16th June 2009 at 23:39.
Old 17th June 2009, 02:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

2001: A Space Odyssey
Sin City
Saving Private Ryan
Children of Men

Best enjoyed in HD
Old 17th June 2009, 07:53   #41
BHPian

BBC's planet earth series
The Mongol

Both have stunning natural visuals.

Cars
Ice Age in animation.
Old 17th June 2009, 07:58   #42
BHPian

Home is a must watch if you're looking for visuals.
Old 17th June 2009, 09:18   #43
BHPian

Most the BBC's documentaries done with Sir Richard Attenborough have stunning visuals.
Old 17th June 2009, 09:28   #44
BHPian

My choice of movies:

1. LOTR series, especially the first one
2. Days of Heaven
3. The Thin Red Line
4. 2001: A Space Odyssey
5. No Country for Old Men (ahem)
Old 17th June 2009, 09:49   #45
BHPian

I agree with several of the above choices. LOTR, What Dreams May Come and Saving Private Ryan are all visually stunning. The Mongol is incredible as well and I'm waiting for the last two parts of that trilogy. The others I would like to add to that are

Pan's Labyrinth
Troy (imagery was amazing even if the movie was nothing special -- special mention to the scene with the greek fleet of ships covering the entire expanse of the sea)
March of the Penguins
Earth (Its a documentary by BBC made in 2007 and is stunning)
Wall-E (at times you forget it is CGI until you see the humans)
300 (A bit over the top in terms of the action but considering that it was entirely made on green screen makes it even more incredible)

Thats all I can think of for now but will add more later

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks