Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2016, 14:31   #1861
Senior - BHPian

Spotted on the way to Madras.

How brown man can claim to be a Nazi is beyond me!

In the pursuit of cool, people go over board...
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of Weird, Wacky & Funny stickers / badges on cars / bikes-1463648314652.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2016, 18:53   #1862
BHPian

Re: Pics of Weird, Wacky & Funny stickers / badges on cars / bikes

^^^^The guy is learning how to be like Hitler! Hence the 'L' sign!
Old 22nd May 2016, 19:13   #1863
Senior - BHPian

A brown man can be a grammar nazi.

If he was as disciplined as Hitler was, he'll be a good driver.
Old 29th May 2016, 09:27   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
^^^^The guy is learning how to be like Hitler! Hence the 'L' sign!
Well, just to analyze this a bit, if you split the swasthika at the very center, you get 4 different L's (in reverse of course). He might have imagined that the 4 L's can be placed at the 4 sides of the car and Hitler would take care of the rest

Now, you might ask me why there's a fifth "L" written (or stuck rather) in Bold. Well, that's for the 5th direction - UP

Now don't ask me what happened to the sixth - DOWN. That's in the hands of local authorities. Nobody has a control on how the roads will be

Last edited by vnidta : 29th May 2016 at 09:28.
Old 4th June 2016, 14:51   #1865
BHPian

Bumper Stickers. Funky or Pure Rice??

Hello fellow enthusiasts!!!

I am new to TeamBHP and though I have loved cars pretty much all my life I am still pretty new to the Indian car scene and stereotypes of petrolheads in India.

I recently bought a few Bumper Stickers online(Though technically speaking they are not on the bumper ) and this bought about a thought. I think that they are cool and funky ( Come on guys, I am still 19 ) but do others think so to??

What if they are really nothing but a proof that I am a Ricer.

What do you people think?

Also I must say from the point of a ricer that my car must be developing at least 268 HP ( 68 Stock + 200 From the stickers)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th June 2016 at 19:52. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Please stick to the rules of the board. Thanks!
thatfastdude19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 17:55   #1866
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bumper Stickers. Funky or Pure Rice??

Heh heh fun post

You are 19. Stop caring what others think and have fun with your car. When i got my first car [swift 1.3] i remember pasting an iron maiden decal on the rear windshield [one way vision]. and all the brand logo stickers of the mods i did. CAI, FFE, Brakes et all.

Mind showing a few of the stickers?
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 19:22   #1867
BHPian

Rice,without a doubt. I hate these fake RS/M/4x4/ etc stickers that cars have. But why should you care what i think about your car? Do what you like,IMO.
Old 4th June 2016, 19:35   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatfastdude19 View Post
What if they are really nothing but a proof that I am a Ricer.

What do you people think?
What people think varies according to age, in my opinion. Certain bumper stickers are actually a proof of a ricer.

I am a sucker for symmetrical things. Anything on one side of the car needed to be on the other side also. I ended up spoiling the overall look eventually. When I was of your age, I was very fond of bumper stickers. When I got the Verna in my hands, the custom-made bold and red "Thand rakh thand" (a Haryanvi iteration of Keep Calm!) sticker in Hindi at the back was in place within the first week itself.

In those early days, I had only one aim - the car should look catchy/cool from that angle. Soon I started to look at the car as a whole and removed all unwanted stickers. Moreover, the stickers made it awkward for a female/old member in the family to drive the car around. My Dad removed the above mentioned sticker on a solo drive the next day where he had to meet some higher officials for a business meet. Imagine a 50 year old driving around with a bumper full of 'K&N', 'Brembo', 'Lightforce', 'Yokohama', 'I am the one they warned you about' kind of stickers! So it does make sense if the vehicle is your personal vehicle. Else it is meaningless to have them at the sake of spoiling one's driving experience.

Very soon, it turned out that almost all the stickers were not really needed and my car now runs clean and smooth (save for the LTD sticker), flaunting its curves and cuts, in the simple white shade! Now it doesn't stand out in the crowd.

At 21 years of age, I have started to believe that beauty lies in simplicity - be it cars, house decor, girls, anything!

Last edited by biggrin : 4th June 2016 at 19:36. Reason: Typo
biggrin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 19:49   #1869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Heh heh fun post

You are 19. Stop caring what others think and have fun with your car. When i got my first car [swift 1.3] i remember pasting an iron maiden decal on the rear windshield [one way vision]. and all the brand logo stickers of the mods i did. CAI, FFE, Brakes et all.

Mind showing a few of the stickers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Rice,without a doubt. I hate these fake RS/M/4x4/ etc stickers that cars have. But why should you care what i think about your car? Do what you like,IMO.
Well it's not those type of Stickers. I also hate when people put up 4x4 or off-road or any other kind of mismatched things on their cars.

Here are both of the stickers that I have put on so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of Weird, Wacky & Funny stickers / badges on cars / bikes-img_20160604_132902526_hdr.jpg  

thatfastdude19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 20:13   #1870
Senior - BHPian

I like the funny bumper stickers like: "do not mess with dragons. you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup" :P

Have fun and enjoy dude
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 23:25   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatfastdude19 View Post
Well it's not those type of Stickers. I also hate when people put up 4x4 or off-road or any other kind of mismatched things on their cars.

Here are both of the stickers that I have put on so far.
I think you're being way to self conscious. The stickers are fine! Should be a standard fitment in all cars as a safety feature in India.
Old 10th June 2016, 09:15   #1872
BHPian

This is the best one i saw so far on the back of a IT company bus. It reads in Marathi- "Baghtoys kay Raagane, overtake kelay waaghane. Translation -" Why are you giving me an angry stare, when you know a tiger has overtaken your car" . Could not capture a photo as i was driving solo at that time.
Old 15th June 2016, 09:46   #1873
BHPian

Spotted him yesterday near Nagawara. A nice message to those the honking has become a habit!

Pics of Weird, Wacky & Funny stickers / badges on cars / bikes-img_20160614_185726.jpg
Old 15th June 2016, 18:42   #1874

For those people who have drunk their livers out good news...here's a truck running around with a 'liver box'
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of Weird, Wacky & Funny stickers / badges on cars / bikes-1465996339164.jpg  

Old 15th June 2016, 19:37   #1875
Senior - BHPian

Meanwhile in Bangalore

Pics of Weird, Wacky & Funny stickers / badges on cars / bikes-fb_img_1465999708693.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks