Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:21   #31
BHPian

its not the question how good are you in painting, you need someone to admire it or atleast understand it (in case of modern art), then only you will make money. Not just by painting
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

Rush,

If you will paint Madhuri, get ready to paint her 2 children too
Old 3rd February 2009, 21:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

Eh..as long as he dosen't try his art work on the car,its alright. On second thoughts,its his car and he'll do whatever he likes!
Old 4th February 2009, 02:14   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
By the way why do people pay crores of Rupees for a painting that is most of the times understood only by the painter?
It pays in lot other ways to have his painting. No one is worried how you interpret it.
Old 4th February 2009, 03:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
It is white and Black Dippy. Sorry i left the paper in the office, so the scan would take time. He paid 7.34 crores for the car and that amount is just a few lakhs less than the last painting (7.84 crores) of his that was auctioned. The car has been termed by Mr Hussain as a peice of art and that is why he bought it. It also has something to do with his next project for which he would ask A.R.Rehman to do the background score off. I would say young at 93, and the oldest customer of the Veyron. They also mentioned that there are only three Veyrons sold in U.A.E. and one of them is this one.
I am not doubting the fact that Mr.M.F.Hussain can afford a Veyron, but artist Tyeb Mehta had said when his own acclaimed painting 'Mahishasura' had sold for a record $1.6 million at Christie's in 2005, that it was time for his art auctioneers to rejoice more than him when it came to the price at which it was sold.

Mods beware: This thread is soon gonna be bombarded with post's from possibly all members saying "I wanna become a painter!" or "How I wish I was a painter!".
Old 4th February 2009, 03:10   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

So he's gifted it to his son then. For a moment I was wondering how he would paint Madhuri Dixit's portrait while driving the Veyron at the same time!
Old 4th February 2009, 03:23   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
He will be the world's first barefoot driver of a Bugatti..!!!
..man that was awesome. I hope his foot doesn't slip off the brake pedal!
Old 4th February 2009, 09:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Anything that man cannot understand is termed as abstract. Some people are making a living..err.. killing, out of abstract art.
The ones geting killed are the onces attempting to interpret the abstract art they just bought.
Makbool Fida Husain is plain lucky.
I saw an elephant doing painting on discovery channel whos abstract art is better than M.F's. Tough luck though for the pachyderm.
Old 4th February 2009, 13:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
I saw an elephant doing painting on discovery channel whos abstract art is better than M.F's. Tough luck though for the pachyderm.
That elephant was the most famous inmate of Phoenix zoo, Arizona US. I wanted to go see it but then found that it died few years back.
Old 4th February 2009, 14:03   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this for real ??!! He definatly has the moolah but he would probably the last person I'd expect to buy a Veyron !
Old 4th February 2009, 14:21   #41
Team-BHP Support

Is this going to be run as a taxi in Dubai?
Old 4th February 2009, 14:27   #42
BHPian

So is he the only Indian (I mean Indian Citizen) who owns a Veyron in the world?

I know there are many NRIs who would be owning Veyrons and Enzos but haven't heard of any Indian who lives in India owning one (except for the Phantom Veyron which some people say exists but no one has ever seen in India!)
Old 4th February 2009, 15:49   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
It pays in lot other ways to have his painting. No one is worried how you interpret it.
Yes agree with you Neo as paintings are also bought as investments . Its another way for the rich to park their unaccounted wealth . between a veyron and a Hussain the later is a much better buy as the veyrons values going to depreciate while a hussains value is only going to go higher . But a Hussain on a veyron ? Hmmm thats going to be tough evaluating that
Old 25th August 2009, 12:42   #44
BHPian

WOW this is awesome !!! Guys let me know more so that I could go around & get some live pics of Mr hussain & the veyron.
Old 25th August 2009, 14:11   #45
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

wonder if he plans to drive the bugatti bare-footed
guessing that he will equip the vehicle with a chauffeur though - but will relax bare-footed in the comfort of the back seat while possibly sipping something suitable in an elegant long stemmed glass!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks