Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-537.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrackDay (Post 5060005)
Got a chance to watch Brilliant performance by both James McAvoy & Anya Taylor-Joy and definitely worth a watch. The story builds up in a fine momentum and is engaging to watch throughout.

I hope you have watched Unbreakable by the same director. There is a culmination of the shared universe in the 2019 release Glass

Putting in a recommendation for The White Tiger (Netflix). Will give it a 3.5 / 5 star rating and worth 1 watch because it's a different kind of storyline, has great performances and we all have nothing else to do in the evening leisure time. Unique story takes you from a poor family in a village to a young lad who goes to driving school, to take up a chauffeur's job in a rich & weird family. You can tell its made for an international audience (cows on the road - LOL) than the Indian one, but a good Indian movie nevertheless. Mom doesn't enjoy unconventional dramas, yet even she was hooked onto this one. Not for kids though due to an adult scene or two, and lots of profanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35jJNyFuYKQ

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 5060229)
Putting in a recommendation for The White Tiger (Netflix). Will give it a 3.5 / 5 star rating and worth 1 watch because it's a different kind of storyline, has great performances and we all have nothing else to do in the evening leisure time.

Read and heard the performance of the new comer Adarsh Gourav outplayed the seasoned actors in the movie. The subject is little dry hence skipped it so far, will watch it this coming weekend. Thanks!

Insidious 3 2.5/5

Prequel to the successful horror franchise is now helmed by a new Director. The story moves on from Josh Lambart to Quinn, a daughter looking to get in touch with her deceased mother. It does scare the hell out of you in few scenes and also adds a touch of humour to ease the tensions. Beneath the scares, there is an emotional undercurrent which we may link to many bollywood movies.

Insidious The Last Key 3/5

Fourth film of the successful franchise. It is the second best film after the first installment. The narrative is well worn and revive a meandering franchise while bringing it to full circle. All four movies is about Elise and particularly this movie focuses on her life from childhood. Puts light on her gift and reasons for her to come out to help people in need. It also focuses on the evil minds of humans and its capabilities to imprison another. There are few scary moments in the movie and with some good camera angles, it does make it a brilliant experience. Again in the end, there is that emotional undercurrent which we associate more to bollywood movies.

All horror movie fans must binge watch this franchise, on par with the Conjuring Franchise. James Wan continuing to be the Producer helps the franchise as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatananda.k (Post 5060198)
I hope you have watched Unbreakable by the same director. There is a culmination of the shared universe in the 2019 release Glass

Yes, I have watched Unbreakable too, but it has been a while. I want to watch Glass too, but the reviews tell me it doesn't live up to the expectation/standard of the first two. Have you seen it ? Is it worth a watch ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrackDay (Post 5060416)
Yes, I have watched Unbreakable too, but it has been a while. I want to watch Glass too, but the reviews tell me it doesn't live up to the expectation/standard of the first two. Have you seen it ? Is it worth a watch ?

It is not as good as Unbreakable or Split. But definitely worth a watch since all characters come together.
Note that the movie is currently available on Hotstar !

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatananda.k (Post 5060903)
It is not as good as Unbreakable or Split. But definitely worth a watch since all characters come together.
Note that the movie is currently available on Hotstar !

I’ve watched all three and they’re all brilliant but i couldn’t remember where. I just re watched Split after remembering about it on reading this thread and was looking out for Glass but couldn’t find it on Netflix / Prime.

Thanks for the Hotstar tip. Will check it out there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 5062775)
I’ve watched all three and they’re all brilliant but i couldn’t remember where. I just re watched Split after remembering about it on reading this thread and was looking out for Glass but couldn’t find it on Netflix / Prime.

Thanks for the Hotstar tip. Will check it out there.

You can install JustWatch. One app to search movies/shows on multiple platforms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D40uHmTSPew

I Care A Lot

Strong cast but ultimately very average. Plots builds up slowly. Around the 50 min mark, it gets interesting, then it gets a bit shallow

3/5 - Pure timepass

Watched it since I fancied Rosamund Pike (in previous movies!:cool:)

Will recommend everyone to watch movie "Green Book".

Trust you me, it's one of the best movies i have watched off lately. I'm not sure if this is available on any of the online platforms as i downloaded it via Telegram & then watched it. and i were to recommend couple more movies then i would say -

Whiplash - This one is on Amazon Prime i guess
The intouchables - This one is on Netflix.

But then, start with Green Book. Happy viewing & stay safe everyone.

Watched The Old Guard on Netflix, starring Charlize Theron. It's a 2020 action movie and I liked it.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-mv5bndjizdlizdatmjc5yy00mzvhlthky2mtndywntq2ztm5mdcxxkeyxkfqcgdeqxvymda4nzmyoa._v1_.jpg

And am halfway mark of Wonder Woman 84. It was released yesterday on Amazon Prime.

Wonder Woman 84:

Watched on Amazon Prime yesterday. Found it pretty average, with fake-looking stunts and a very slow pace.

The Last Castle on Netflix

Brilliant 2001 movie, starring Robert Redford, James Gandolfini and Mark Ruffalo. The film shows a struggle between the Warden and inmates of a military prison.

Rating - 5/5

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodstock3001 (Post 5064014)
Will recommend everyone to watch movie "Green Book"I'm not sure if this is available on any of the online platforms.

Its available on Sony Liv, thanks for the recommendations, got over 8 IMDB rating. Going to watch now:thumbs up

The Blind Side on Netflix (13+), rating 3.5/5

Based on the true story of an NFL player, it focuses on his pre-college days. Good performances all around especially Sandra Bullock. However I did feel the story had been sprinkled with fairy dust, Hallmark channel style. Lacks grittiness and thus comes across as a bit contrived.

Worth a watch though, especially with family.

Watched Wonder Woman the other day - My rating 2/5

Graphics were bad, shockingly. Looks like they were short of budget. It is a slow movie, not why watch super hero movies. Give it a pass, if you have better things to do.