Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2021, 16:55   #706
BHPian

Re: Health insurance queries? Ask me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
The reason for that is your.... hence, win win for all.
Yes, this (the charges and all) was cleared to us by our company when they had proposed the parental insurance via zoom call.
Old 2nd July 2021, 08:53   #707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Check the coverages offered under both and the waiting period as new policy won't cover pre existing disease for at least 3 years, and if one is diabetic then chances of getting any insurance cover is nil as major health complications get related to diabetes.
Yes the coverages are very different. ICICI, apparently, does not have any limits. You can admit in any bed, no-sublimits, no Co-Pay, limit reset, etc. etc. The benefits are quite extensive in ICICI compared to Star Health which has many restrictive clauses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Is your concern on covid expenses or general health?
No its not COVID. Just general health related concerns.

I have a question. Since Star Health has a 30% Co-Pay, can I cover this 30% with another existing medical policy (my mother currently has a National Insurance policy)?
Old 2nd July 2021, 09:50   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I have a question. Since Star Health has a 30% Co-Pay, can I cover this 30% with another existing medical policy (my mother currently has a National Insurance policy)?
As I have mentioned earlier in case of dual health insurance both companies will chip in and pay the claim for their respective share which is determined based on the limit you have purchased from each of them.

For eg if both National and Star health decide to pay 50% each on a 1 lac claim then on on the 50% of Star health your co pay that you will have to incur is 15k.
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 13:24   #709
BHPian

Quote:

You can buy a travel specific policy say for a fixed duration while going on a holiday or an annual policy like I do which will cover multiple trips abroad. Generally the annual policy is either including USA/Canada or excluding USA/Canada and will cover all other countries.
Could you share details please? Thanks.
Old 2nd July 2021, 14:14   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Could you share details please? Thanks.
My policy is issued through my office and its from Bajaj Allianz. You may visit their website for further details.
SnS_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 20:57   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
ps: Can anyone share experiences about how effective these travel policies are when it comes to the crunch ( not that we want it to happen)
I remember, bringing my father into states on travel insurance and when we had to visit a clinic, they politely refused saying they won't accept travel insurance. Please be aware, when you try to book a appointment here, the first thing they ask is about your insurance and when they come to know of travel insurance, most decline the same. I feel, it's better to take short term plans from US based providers.
Old 3rd July 2021, 08:46   #712
BHPian

Hi all, a few queries, which may have been answered, in which case I'll be very grateful for a link. My kids have company group insurance covering themselves and parents. I bought an independent policy, when persuaded that their policies would be nullified if they left their jobs. However, I discontinued it, when told it would not supplement their policies. That was some time back.
Now I want to know if I can buy a MONTHLY subscription, to a bumper to bumper, zero dep, unconditional, fully payable Covid treatment assurance policy. Any info on this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th July 2021, 21:29   #713
Senior - BHPian

So I went ahead and paid the premium amount for a new ICICI Lombard policy for my mother. The premium amount is huge but the benefits seemed better than a few others I had considered. Now the catch is, which I am sure is done by all other insurance companies, that the underwriter will review the PEDs and conduct a medical test and provide a counter offer (additional premium) which is for me to either accept or reject. Once I reject they will refund me the entire sum minus the expenses for the medical tests.

Anyone here with a recent experience? Can I get an idea of how much additional premium I might have to pay for the PEDs. They were only 2 - blood pressure and Thyroid.

This is for an iHealth policy with a coverage of 15L. The insured is a senior citizen.

Last edited by Pancham : 5th July 2021 at 21:31.
Old 6th July 2021, 09:01   #714
BHPian

Quote:
So I went ahead and paid the premium amount for a new ICICI Lombard policy for my mother. The premium amount is huge but the benefits seemed better than a few others I had considered....
This is for an iHealth policy with a coverage of 15L. The insured is a senior citizen.
Hi did you check out a supertopup policy? If you take out the critical care cover (one time pay out for a critical disease), the premium works out to be much cheaper, and you get an equivalent cover.
This is what I've done - retained my health protect plan (with ICICILombard) and took a supertop up with a voluntary deductible close to the cover from the normal policy. Since i'm below 45, no medicals were needed.

Wanted to do the same for my parents as well, but then backed off when I saw that medical checkup is necessary, wanted to avoid visits to medical centers given the covid situation. Will persue this once situation "seems" more normal.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 17:33   #715
BHPian

Quote:
So I went ahead and paid the premium amount for a new ICICI Lombard policy for my mother....
Also do keep in mind if one goes for a new policy we lose the below benefit, some thing I just learnt from a forward just now.

Quote:
After completion of eight continuous years under the policy no look back to be applied. This period of eight years is called as moratorium period. The moratorium would be applicable for the sums insured of the first policy and subsequently completion of 8 continuous years would be applicable from date of enhancement of sums insured only on the enhanced limits. After the expiry of Moratorium Period no health insurance claim shall be contestable except for proven fraud and permanent exclusions specified in the policy contract. The policies would however be subject to all limits, sub limits, co-payments, deductibles as per the policy contract.
https://www.irdai.gov.in/ADMINCMS/cm...eNo4157&flag=1

Sorry for the back2back post - I cannot edit my precious post any longer.
whitewing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 17:37   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Also do keep in mind if one goes for a new policy we lose the below benefit, some thing I just learnt from a forward just now.

https://www.irdai.gov.in/ADMINCMS/cm...eNo4157&flag=1
Sorry I did not get this. What I understand is that this is a benefit that if you keep up with the policy for 8 years, they won’t contest your claims beyond that period. What I am getting wrong here. Pardon my ignorance.
Old 6th July 2021, 18:28   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry I did not get this. What I understand is that this is a benefit that if you keep up with the policy for 8 years, they won’t contest your claims beyond that period. What I am getting wrong here. Pardon my ignorance.
Yes this is my understanding as well.
From your original post I take it that you would be porting your existing policy to a new policy - in which case you would lose out on this benefit in the case of any claims.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 14:39   #718
ike
BHPian

How reliable is Digit health insurance? The prices are far lower than the other insurers and there are plenty of hospitals in their network too.

Are there insurance plans that can accommodate people with diabetes, hypertrnsion etc? The premium might be higher but are there good plans available?
Old 9th July 2021, 15:50   #719
BHPian

hello everyone,

I have my Family health Insurance with the New India Assurance, since last 15 years.

Myself (47yrs) : 8 lakhs + Cummulative Bonus 50%
Wife (44yrs) : 8 lakhs + Cummulative Bonus 50%
Daughter (21 yrs) : 5lakhs + Cummulative Bonus 50%
Son: (12 Yrs) : 5 Lakhs + Cummulative Bonus 50%

Premium is 36900/- and its due for renewal.

My query : Is it worth upgrading to 10+10+8+8 lacs (premium 43200/-) or change to family floater plan

Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 19:24   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I'm considering buying another health insurance for me and my family and my parents, besides the one that I already have thru my employer.

Questions:

How exactly does claim submission work if a covered medical expense exceeds the employer-provided insurer's limits? Can a bill be split across insurers? I have trouble figuring this out because as far as I know normally all "claim submission" processes have you submit original receipts. And clearly there can only be one original receipt for a bill. So how exactly does this work?

Or is it that we need to live with the limitation that one bill cannot be shared across insurers, but if there are 5 bills for a particular medical expense/procedure, then some bills can be claimed from insurer#1 while the rest from #2 (subject to limits of course)?
To the best of my knowledge, u can't claim same issue with 2 diff insurers.
That's actually illegal, and is highly advised against! (Exceptions are when the policy document explicitly agrees to this, but I've never seen one till date)

This applies to medical, as much as to car insurance.

If u have 2 health policies, u can choose which one to go with, but u can't pick n choose who to send which bill to.

Needless to say, under cashless claims, there's no scope of doing it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
Hi all, a few queries, which may have been answered, in which case I'll be very grateful for a link. My kids have company group insurance covering themselves and parents. I bought an independent policy, when persuaded that their policies would be nullified if they left their jobs. However, I discontinued it, when told it would not supplement their policies. That was some time back.
Now I want to know if I can buy a MONTHLY subscription, to a bumper to bumper, zero dep, unconditional, fully payable Covid treatment assurance policy. Any info on this?

Thanks in advance.
Corona KAvach is a short term policy that fits the bill.
Not literally month to month, more like Quarter to quarter

Many providers issue this
Flipkart's app also has this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
How reliable is Digit health insurance? The prices are far lower than the other insurers and there are plenty of hospitals in their network too.

Are there insurance plans that can accommodate people with diabetes, hypertrnsion etc? The premium might be higher but are there good plans available?
I've found Digit's claims to be transparent.
I have a car & health insurance.
I've claimed the car insurance one till date.
I also attempted to claim the health insurance, but was denied as there was no hospitalisation involved, and the policy did not cover OPD.

Yes, there are plans which cover ppl with diabetes etc, but there's a waiting period for PED, and also there are other formalities (like medical checkup) etc required at the time of signing up!

Last edited by bblost : 10th July 2021 at 20:16. Reason: back to back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks