Team-BHP - Which watch do you own?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Which watch do you own? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/5927-watch-do-you-own-288.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinetic (Post 4837644)
Hey Arindam! What would you like to know? I've had my BB58 on a leather deployant since April 2019 and I'm wearing it as I type this. Zero regrets! (current market appreciation notwithstanding)

Congrats and great watch. Cant stop drooling over it, and now that the full blue dial has released, it looks even better. Could you give me details of your AD (I presume you purchased in the US) and any contact person you have there with whom I can correspond? I am unable to send you a PM and hence asking here itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by d_himan (Post 4837652)
Hi Arindam, I'm not a BB58 fan (yes, we exist!), but in case you're thinking of importing a watch of this value by courier, be mentally prepared for atrocious duties.

That said, I have a couple of Tudor's posh relatives, Rolexes, in the family (Yatchmaster + Ladies Oyster) and the service from Rolex India has been impeccable - had a crystal replacement done during the Pandemic and they were absolutely professional.

No, I was definitely not looking to import any watch, and am aware that the duties will be eye watering. So, looking at the alternate channel of having someone carry it over.

Good to know about Rolex's professional service. It is not for nothing that Rolex is one of the most valuable brands in the world. They have a lot of irritating qualities (when it comes and supply and creating artificial demand) but their attributes cannot be overlooked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4838285)
Good to know about Rolex's professional service. It is not for nothing that Rolex is one of the most valuable brands in the world. They have a lot of irritating qualities (when it comes and supply and creating artificial demand) but their attributes cannot be overlooked.

Agree, to me, the <10 lacs variants are just like refined versions of Qualis/Innova. Not ground shaking technology, conservative design, overbuilt/solid engineering focused on longevity, proven credentials, great after sales service, always seeming overpriced but making up for it with crazy resale value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4838285)
Congrats and great watch. Cant stop drooling over it, and now that the full blue dial has released, it looks even better. Could you give me details of your AD (I presume you purchased in the US) and any contact person you have there with whom I can correspond? I am unable to send you a PM and hence asking here itself.

Wish I could help you there, but this was an eBay purchase. I tried the AD (San Francisco) route but was told, even back then, that there was a long waitlist. I got lucky and found a great deal on a full set at practically retail value. If you're interested in the blue version, I'd recommend getting a friend to visit or call any AD in any country at the earliest. Seems like Asia (Sin, HK) and EU have the most availability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4833401)
Does any of our resident watch enthusiasts on the forum own the Tudor Black Bay 58 (or any other modern Tudor watch)? The BB58 is one of my grail watches but unfortunately, the brand does not have a retailer in India. I have been considering purchasing the watch from the USA, and have been corresponding with a couple of big name retailers there on this.

Does anyone have experience with Tudor watches in India and where they can be independently serviced by a competent watch-maker (specifically in Bangalore)?

Hello arindambasu13,

I am glad that you asked this question! I am also thinking about going for Tudor as my next one. However, I have not seen any retailers selling here in India.

Did you check with Ethos for Tudor watches? They might have sold Tudor watches in past as quick Google search showed some old unavailable models with them.

Would Rolex service center take this watch for periodic check-up & maintenance? Also, do you have any idea regarding international warranty they provide? I would ask you to consider BB bronze & Pelagos (Blue & Black LHD) too. They are beautiful!

If anyone knows how to check in person for these watches before buying, please let me know. As sometimes, actual feel on wrist might be different than pictures available on Internet.

Thanks in advance!

Have a happy watch hunt @arindambasu13!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedStallion (Post 4839922)
Hello arindambasu13,

I am glad that you asked this question! I am also thinking about going for Tudor as my next one. However, I have not seen any retailers selling here in India.

Did you check with Ethos for Tudor watches? They might have sold Tudor watches in past as quick Google search showed some old unavailable models with them...

Unfortunately, India does not have any Tudor authorized dealers. A real pity, because if India is deemed fit to have so many Rolex ADs, why does its sister company Tudor not have any presence whatsoever here? Beats me.

I had checked with Ethos earlier and no, they do not retail Tudors. The Pelagos and the original Black Bay 41 series, while fantastic watches, are too big for me personally, and hence I would prefer the 58 or even the BB 36 (a cracker of a timepiece in the Tudor range). While I have worn watches up to 44 mm, my preference has gradually evolved to watches in the 38-40 mm range, sometimes even smaller.

Don't think there is any way to try on Tudors in India, unless you know someone who has and wears their watches. Do let me know if you manage to source any Tudor in India - would be very interested to know!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4841113)
Do let me know if you manage to source any Tudor in India - would be very interested to know!

I will definitely try that next year (probably Germany) as I recently purchased Oris Aquis Date. However, I cannot stop thinking about Pelagos. lol:

Meanwhile, please let me know if you find any lead.

Thanks!

Has anyone purchased a watch from seikowatches(dot)co(dot)in? It says it is the official online e-store. When you go to the terms and conditions it talks about the website being independently owned and operated by Net Distribution Services Pvt. Ltd. and it appears payment will also be made to them. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjax (Post 4846439)
Has anyone purchased a watch from seikowatches(dot)co(dot)in? It says it is the official online e-store. When you go to the terms and conditions it talks about the website being independently owned and operated by Net Distribution Services Pvt. Ltd. and it appears payment will also be made to them. Thanks in advance.

Looks geniune as the seiko india redirects to this site as official site, probably net distribution services are the dealers running the show.

https://www.seiko.in/

What watch are you looking at.

Can someone guide me on how to get HMT Kohinoor Green, Blue or Maroon SS from their online store, as they remain always "Stock Awaited".
I have registered my email and mobile for that since very long back but no any sign to get them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheK (Post 4846497)

What watch are you looking at.

Thank you. Yeah, they looked pretty genuine to me. I did some research on Net Distribution also. They seem to be a company who help brands set up and operate websites. They do it for quite a few brands. Looking at the SPB149J1- the limited edition 1962 diver's reinterpretation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4841113)
Unfortunately, India does not have any Tudor authorized dealers.

Looks like Rolex Mumbai has Tudor. Just saw it in their official site

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astonite (Post 4847315)
Looks like Rolex Mumbai has Tudor. Just saw it in their official site

From what I understand, they will only service Tudor models. They do not sell Tudor in India. This entity is the servicing arm for Rolex India, and not the retail arm. Though I can see that they are listed under the retail section.

Got myself a Seiko 5 Sports Green dial today. Really liked the color from pictures and looks better in person in my opinion, especially under light.

My latest impulse buy - the retro-looking Casio A500W World Time. I bought it off the official Casio online store, and it reached home in two days :D !

Granted, it is a svelte piece that looks out of place on my large wrist, but hey, to me, it looks cool in a 70's James Bond-esque spy watch way lol: .

The watch is extremely light and wears comfortably on my wrist. My only bugbear is that chintzy chrome-plated resin case. The coating tends to bubble and peel over time. I really wish it was made from steel, which would have made it look cooler. Nevertheless, it's a really neat watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yakuza (Post 4848754)
Got myself a Seiko 5 Sports Green dial today. Really liked the color from pictures and looks better in person in my opinion, especially under light.

That's a beautiful piece you have picked up. I am looking at a similar green dial but, with the goldtone hands and thinking about swapping the steel bracelet with the green nato from the Seiko 5 sense collection.

Did a quick mix and match on Photoshop of the same.