Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2005, 01:02   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Rudra...I can definatly help u out from my end....do u want me to just send u links of the threads with alloys pics on them? Or we can just use this post to start a few alloy thread that from now on every1 post u r alloys here and as and when u can collect the rest of the info we can keep adding
Old 16th April 2005, 11:54   #92
BANNED

can i post the alloys pics i like only. i mean i dont have pics of it on cars.
Old 16th April 2005, 11:58   #93
Team-BHP Support

Do not post any pictures right now, It has to be done in an organised manner. Idea is to use this as a guide line.

Merged with TBHP suggestions thread

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th April 2005 at 10:24.
Old 15th July 2005, 00:43   #94
BHPian

Make Team-bhp much better

This is waht i was thinking yesterday and it made sense.This post is for all the bhpians :

We have members on our forum which are banned for some reasons or another.Well as far as my thoughts are concerned.How do we get to know that those who have been banned are not registered again and are still posting on the forums.Cant we have more security features as we have on mails or some other sites where in a person trying to re-register himself with the same contact details (telephone,residential address or by the same e-mail id) are not allowed.If something can really be done like this we will actually get to know how big is our family and the quality will be maintained more.

I dunno how much sense does it make but reviews...

Thank you,
Nikibusa.
Old 15th July 2005, 02:53   #95
Senior - BHPian

Since you brought the topic up - at least one of our new members have a posting style that is remarkably like that of one banned recently, who has also tried to return with other new IDs. The time of posting and the frequency are pretty similar, though the tone of the posts is quite different.
Old 15th July 2005, 04:15   #96
Senior - BHPian

I have a different suggestion here. Most of the forums I am a member of has the same layout and format. cant we change the format of the website???

Have a look at notebookforums.com and howardforums.com to see how similar they are.
Old 15th July 2005, 04:29   #97
BHPian

Nikibusa,

Your suggestion about the banned members is good and important as you said.

However, keeping trace of the banned members and blocking them from re-signup through uniqueness of contact details, email id's is practically impossible.

The only way some kind of filtration can be obtained is IP tracing...something like having an admin reporting kind of functionality which would show up IPs most commonly used by members to sign-in and lookout for common IPs for those suspected.

It may be well active too and the moderators may be having access to such a feature.
Old 15th July 2005, 05:37   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
The time of posting and the frequency are pretty similar, though the tone of the posts is quite different.
As long as they learnt their lesson and mend their ways, lets forgive and forget.
Old 15th July 2005, 05:56   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye
Nikibusa,

Your suggestion about the banned members is good and important as you said.

However, keeping trace of the banned members and blocking them from re-signup through uniqueness of contact details, email id's is practically impossible.

The only way some kind of filtration can be obtained is IP tracing...something like having an admin reporting kind of functionality which would show up IPs most commonly used by members to sign-in and lookout for common IPs for those suspected.

It may be well active too and the moderators may be having access to such a feature.

I agree to you completely,and also the last two paragraph is very much to be noted
Old 15th July 2005, 09:41   #100
Senior - BHPian

but i fail to understand why we should not let someone re register with a diffrent nick after being kicked out...i am sure the person will become cautious when posting after being kicked out once...after all we need the opinions of the maximum number of people possible on the forum.
Old 15th July 2005, 11:03   #101
Senior - BHPian

if i am not mistaken, there is an ip trace system used by the moderators...but as mpower said if they have mended their ways lets forgive and forget.
Old 15th July 2005, 11:25   #102
BHPian

I would like to ask the Mods for technical change-
Is it possible to have a marker against threaads that you have previously posted in ??
Most forums have that, so that you can track and reply
In the same way that we have new post marjkers etc, for example if we had a blue dot against a thread in which we have posted in it would be of great help
Old 15th July 2005, 12:00   #103
BHPian

I would suggest having a post where the reason for a member being banned is displayed. So that others dont end up doing the same mistake.
Old 15th July 2005, 12:11   #104
Team-BHP Support

I just want to remind you guys about the way it works -

First, when the mod team notices a member who is not in line with the way TBHP is supposed to work, they are watched closely for the next few days, or next step right away if they are really terrible (we have had a few of these, but they are wiped off within the hour so most members wouldn't know.)

The "report bad post" feature also plays an important part in alerting the mods to the posts that other members feel are not in line with TBHP's posting standards. (however please use this feature only for posts that need to be URGENTLY edited/deleted since when this feature is used an email is sent to all 9 moderators)

After the new member gets used to the forum, if they still dont settle down into the standards quite clearly set by TBHP, they are given a warning, stating why their actions are not within tolerance, and what should be done to change that.
A series of warnings may continue over time depending on how the member's habits change (or not) after the warnings.

If there is no satisfactory improvement in the member's behavior, the moderation team (comprising of 9 people) takes a joint decision, and as soon as a majority is reached, the action of banning the member is carried out.

A lot of thought and consideration goes into decisions like these, and almost all the time the member base does not get to see the interactions and warnings between the members in question and the moderators, not to mention the posts that are edited or deleted in order to keep this forum's quality level. Based on that i personally feel that its not possible for most members to truly judge when it comes to matters like these.

We would rather have 400 members and a top quality forum than 410 members and a rubbish forum. (however those 10 members are more than welcome to just read.)

I hope this clarifies things.
cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th July 2005 at 12:25.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2005, 20:32   #105
BHPian

Hi , just wanted to draw attention to my previous post, just in case it was missed in the whole banned issue-,
any comments mods? Is this feasible?

Most Viewed