Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2005, 14:03   #121
Senior - BHPian

okay another suggestion,
why not keep it simple and plain like Autopsyche's stickers?!
Old 20th July 2005, 15:57   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Ya ,
that would be wild.
The surface was clean on the out side but it just didn't stick.
Inside ones will be a good idea too.
Old 20th July 2005, 16:32   #123
BHPian

dear mods

one suggestion i always wanted to give but did not realise to post it in this thread.

please at any given time keep atleast one page i.e in the new posts as it is easier to keep a track of them when one logs after a gap of 2/3 hours. 25 posts atleast to read then.

shubbhi
Old 20th July 2005, 18:08   #124
Senior - BHPian

hey manaa ,

u can just hit on the new posts feature . that could help.
Old 20th July 2005, 18:21   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
hey manaa ,

u can just hit on the new posts feature . that could help.
nc, i m not able to get wht u r suggesting but i m mentioning the no of posts in new posts itself, they should be atleast one page i.e 25 posts at any given time.

clarify if u have anything to say on this. thks

shubbhi
Old 20th July 2005, 18:26   #126
Team-BHP Support

manaa, the "new posts" shown on your PC would be different than what is shown on someone elses. When you click on "new posts", it shows you all the posts that have received replies since you last logged off. If, in that time, there were say 100 new threads, then you'd have 100 topics showing up. If however there were only 3 new posts since you last logged on, then only those 3 would show up.

Comprende??
Old 20th July 2005, 18:28   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
manaa, the "new posts" shown on your PC would be different than what is shown on someone elses. When you click on "new posts", it shows you all the posts that have received replies since you last logged off. If, in that time, there were say 100 new threads, then you'd have 100 topics showing up. If however there were only 3 new posts since you last logged on, then only those 3 would show up.

Comprende??
thks rt

now i have comprehended why was it like that. thanks a lot for this info.

nc thanks to u also for suggesting.

shubbhi
Old 24th July 2005, 14:24   #128
BANNED

Appeal to the Moderators/owners of TEAM- BHP

Guys this site is ROCKING..
so here's a suggestion/ appeal
Why dont you guys have a REAL TIME CHAT segment where ppl can talk like in yahoo?
It sure would add a nice feel if we could all discuss things real time instead of posting a thread and then waiting for someone to answer
What do my fellow members thing... and if someone could set up a POLL for this thread I'd really appreciate it.
EDIT@ 1430 IST.
Thanks to whoever moved this post here.

Last edited by 2L8uLoose : 24th July 2005 at 14:37.
Old 24th July 2005, 23:04   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Why dont you guys have a REAL TIME CHAT segment where ppl can talk like in yahoo?
It sure would add a nice feel if we could all discuss things real time instead of posting a thread and then waiting for someone to answer
Hi 2L8uLoose,

This is something we have considered in the past, but have never warmed up to due to the following
- Only the people present will benefit from the discussion
- Discussions will tend to get off track (we have seperate threads for that here!)
- Ever tried chatting with 150+ people in the same room? not fun.

But the main reason is
- We want the educational and informational discussions to be archived as reference material for later use by anyone, and they may add their 2 cents at a later date as well

cya
R

ps - there is always MSN & this thread
Old 26th July 2005, 00:01   #130
Senior - BHPian

One thing i find strange is that reports of accidents are posted under the "Street and Travel Experiences". This is fine as long as the report is first hand. But what is the point of mentioning accidents taken from newspapers and other such sources. I'd say those are better suited in the shifting gears section. What say?
Old 26th July 2005, 19:09   #131
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
One thing i find strange is that reports of accidents are posted under the "Street and Travel Experiences". This is fine as long as the report is first hand. But what is the point of mentioning accidents taken from newspapers and other such sources. I'd say those are better suited in the shifting gears section. What say?
I agree... if people wanted to see newspaper articles online they should visit a news website or something.
Keep this forum for ppl that wish to share... like deeps said... for FIRST HAND accounts of things.
Old 27th July 2005, 15:02   #132
BHPian

I think the site is just fine the way it is. But the part I like best about Team-BHP is the way it is moderated. Fair and unbiased but firm when the situation demands.

A little off-topic, but I'd like to know where this site is hosted. Who pays for the bandwidth and stuff? What is the cost of running and maintaining this site?

-- Harish
Old 28th July 2005, 09:56   #133
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

A little off-topic, but I'd like to know where this site is hosted. Who pays for the bandwidth and stuff? What is the cost of running and maintaining this site?
The site upkeep is funded by the Team-BHP support team. The real cost of running this site is our time.

GTO
Old 28th July 2005, 19:48   #134
Senior - BHPian

just wondering....

like we have different sections on team bhp (for ex. motorbikes, indian car scene, etc), why not have a section (titled "power talk" or something) dedicated to chatting, for team bhpians..?? that way, all the bhpians can chat "inside" team bhp... which's swell, because i've noticed that there are at least 15-20 members active on the forum, 24/7.....

just wondering....
Old 21st November 2005, 15:36   #135
BHPian