Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2008, 18:32   #1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I dont know if other people are having this problem, but i am. Since yesterday, whenever i am on the forum, there have been constant SpyWare alerts popping up. It happens only on team-bhp. No other website has this problem. Also, the moment i shut the page, the alerts dissappear....and come back when i reopen the page. Can someone look into it or should I ignore it???
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Cyrus, that has to be a problem on your PC and / or anti-spyware program. For the record, I see the same alerts when I open ANY webpage with the I.explorer. I recommend a better browser!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Been using Chrome for accessing T-BHP for some time now and I got my first the first exploit detection by ESET.

The log :
03-10-2008 09:26:08 HTTP filter file http://content.yieldmanager.edgesuit...3e2c22c78.swf?

clickTag=http://ads.komli.com/click,AAAAAKzdBQAvLBQAqBsGAAAANAAAAAkACQAGCgIABgKV 2gYAHiEJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKX5UgAAA AA

SWF/Exploit.CVE-2007-0071 trojan

Anyone else faced this?

GTO, the same problem is being faced by another member too. Cant be a coincidence. Also, i tried on another PC a few days ago. It showed the same message. I think there is a spyware lurking around somewhere and it should be taken in as top priority to get it out of the system!!
Old 4th October 2008, 21:03   #1622
BHPian

Does Team-BHP have a full-fledged Data Backup?

I am asking because xbhp.com recently had a server crash and all data in its threads was lost.

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 4th October 2008 at 21:06.
Old 4th October 2008, 21:29   #1623
BHPian

Another question, dunno if this is asked before. Answer this if it is not a problem

Isn't the Administrator profile run by GTO himself? If yes, why is the location USA? Also, the Administrator avatar looks very wierd. It might shoo away newbies
Old 4th October 2008, 23:09   #1624
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
It would be very nice if a board message sent out has some way to identify it as a broadcast message....
Okay - future mass messages shall be made more obvious.

but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
... the message was adressed to "team" . That should have been explanatory enough right

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
... But still, something like " BCC to all" would have saved us from the initial shock
A note of "BCC to all members" is a good way to do it i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
...Does Team-BHP have a full-fledged Data Backup?...
Thanks for the concern Salil, our system of backups is pretty good - however the xbhp incident has definitely made us double-check and re-test what we already have in place.

cya
R
Old 4th October 2008, 23:19   #1625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Does Team-BHP have a full-fledged Data Backup?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
...Thanks for the concern Salil, our system of backups is pretty good -...
T-BHP does a daily backup at around 11am. Been noticing it for the last one week!
Old 5th October 2008, 17:08   #1626
Team-BHP Support

Chrome browser giving an "Expoit Detected" message

Quote:
Been using Chrome for accessing T-BHP for some time now and I got my first the first exploit detection by ESET.

The log :
03-10-2008 09:26:08 HTTP filter file http://content.yieldmanager.edgesuit...3e2c22c78.swf?

clickTag=http://ads.komli.com/click,AAAAAKzdBQAvLBQAqBsGAAAANAAAAAkACQAGCgIABgKV 2gYAHiEJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKX5UgAAA AA

SWF/Exploit.CVE-2007-0071 trojan

Anyone else faced this?
Quote:
GTO, the same problem is being faced by another member too. Cant be a coincidence. Also, i tried on another PC a few days ago. It showed the same message. I think there is a spyware lurking around somewhere and it should be taken in as top priority to get it out of the system!!

Guys,

You can be assured that we DO NOT have any trojans or viruses on our website.

The warning message is only seen on the Chrome browser which is still in its BETA (testing) stage.

If you google this topic (how ironic) you will find more info on it :

· Israel Matzav: Google Chrome: Israel Matzav may be harmful to your computer

· KVR: Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!

· why I got WARINING message with CHROME ?? - SitePoint Forums

cya
R
Old 5th October 2008, 19:25   #1627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Anyone else faced this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
...You can be assured that we DO NOT have any trojans or viruses on our website.
If you google this topic (how ironic) you will find more info on it :
Rehaan,

Two points to be highlighted:

1. Do check my post again - I did not say that Chrome gave the error. It is just the browser I used. It was the log from ESET - NOD32 Smart Security system. So, regardless of me using Chrome, IE, FF or Opera (or any other browser) I would have got the warning.

2. The log does not say there is a trojan here at T-BHP. Rather it highlighted a exploit'able code in one of the flash files that was being used by the advt provider. So, yes, T-BHP might not have virus, but these flash files might exploit a hole in the end users machine.

My post was just a heads-up to our team to be cautious - even the flash advt are risky. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 5th October 2008 at 19:26.
Old 6th October 2008, 17:09   #1628
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Well, if any of us have a problem with the ads... why not we just block it for ourselves!

These ads are all over the web!... its not just team-bhp!... so if you think there is actually a problem.... just block it for yourself! ....

I'm sure team-bhp is not the only site we visit which has these ads.
Old 7th October 2008, 13:46   #1629
Team-BHP Support

How about a minor infraction if a new thread is created for an existing topic.

The mods can take a call on how easy it would have been to have searched and found the same. Sometimes it just does not make sense when the member mentions "I searched and did not find any". But the similar thread listed below have almost the same title.
Old 7th October 2008, 17:01   #1630
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. Do check my post again - I did not say that Chrome gave the error. It is just the browser I used. It was the log from ESET - NOD32 Smart Security system. So, regardless of me using Chrome, IE, FF or Opera (or any other browser) I would have got the warning.
That particular flash ad is being looked into as a matter of the highest priority. We will have this sorted ASAP. Thanks for bringing it to our notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
How about a minor infraction if a new thread is created for an existing topic.
You'd be amazed at the number of threads we move / merge each day. Not so much the newbies, but we'd appreciate senior members searching before creating. We will discuss your suggestion.
Old 7th October 2008, 18:33   #1631
BHPian

case for improvement

Hi Mods..

You are doing a great job in keeping the forum focued and clean.

Just one case for improvement (although not much of a bother) after any information display like in my case being newbie..after posting a message- I get a display that it would be cleared by moderator for posting and the site is supposed to redirect me to the last page I was in. But it always redirects to the root of the topic like... Team-BHP > Team-BHP > A Collection of the best threads

and I need to navigate my way to the page or I need to use 'back' button of the browser repeatedly till I get to the page. Can we address this issue.
Old 10th October 2008, 18:14   #1632
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to diplay the last ad in 'classifieds' section on the first page itself. So that there is no need to click " TEAM-BHP Classifieds" to check out for new ads.
Old 10th October 2008, 18:26   #1633
BHPian

mods
there is a problem when a press the search button on the homepage.the ad in front covers the search box,and we cannot see what is being typed in the search box.
it would be nice if you could address this issue.
thanks and regards
ankit jhamb
Old 11th October 2008, 01:17   #1634

@MODS!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check the server for spywares!! Around 10 mins ago, my current web page (team bhp) suddenly closed and then it opened again automaticall, but not once, it kept opening new tabs continuously till i had to shut off my pc and had to reboot it. Also, this same thing happened at my friends laptop too. Guys, please check it...

thanks..
Old 11th October 2008, 02:40   #1635
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@MODS!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check the server for spywares!!
LoL! one of the major effects of the global financial crisis on the Indian Markets is because of panic.

There is nothing! wrong on team-bhp otherwise 1000s of users would see it!

Update your browser.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks