Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2008, 13:33   #1576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Something for a thought:

Was wondering why we have a Skoda's picture on the forum (top right).

Even though the machine is a good one, but not an all rounder. Not that we have too many all rounders, but with these people with their messed up A.S.S , dont we need a better one?

Comments please...
Yeah this is something i also wanna know.
imo why not have a Amby up there because thats where the Indian car journey actually started!
Old 12th September 2008, 13:43   #1577
BHPian

I guess for that case i would love to see a Maruti-800 up there.
This is one car that changed the way we travel today.
Most of us have grown up using/travelling in this this car.
All of us at least once in our life till yet would have driven this car.
This car opened up ways for other car manufacturers to come to India.
Old 12th September 2008, 14:00   #1578
Senior - BHPian

Ok. My preference is a NANO, that has created so much waves in auto history and made almost every other country to peep-in to Indian automotive industry.
Moreover, it deserves the "Made in India" tag more than any other car.
Just my opinion.
Old 12th September 2008, 14:07   #1579
Team-BHP Support

Can't a collage of cars be created ?
Old 12th September 2008, 18:15   #1580
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Something for a thought:

Was wondering why we have a Skoda's picture on the forum (top right).
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Yeah this is something i also wanna know.
imo why not have a Amby up there because thats where the Indian car journey actually started!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Can't a collage of cars be created ?
This is already in place! Well, partially atleast. Go over to our portal : Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home. With each page refresh, you will see a different car. Problem is, we haven't figured out a way to do that yet for the forum. Will do soon.
Old 12th September 2008, 20:38   #1581
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

How do we directly upload pics while sending PMs? I dont see a option unlike a post in a thread.
Old 12th September 2008, 21:16   #1582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is already in place! ... With each page refresh, you will see a different car. Problem is, we haven't figured out a way to do that yet for the forum. Will do soon.
Neat! Since I (and I guess most of us) usually do not go to the home page, but just head down to the forum, did not notice it.

So this one has already been thought about.
Old 13th September 2008, 09:18   #1583
Senior - BHPian

IE8 issue

Hi, I'm just reporting the issue I noticed on IE8. If there are pictures in a post, we can see the post overlapping with the next post. Must be an IE8 problem. But probably would require a fix when team-bhp decides to support IE8.
Attached is the screenshot.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-ie8_tbhp.jpg

Another issue I noticed is, when the page loads, the cursor would be in the Quick Reply textbox. So we see the bottom of the page instead of the top.
Again, I observe this issue only with IE8.
Old 13th September 2008, 10:41   #1584
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
How do we directly upload pics while sending PMs? I dont see a option unlike a post in a thread.
We don't allow attachments in private messages simply because we want our server space being used only for the community's benefit. When a picture is uploaded to a thread, everyone can view it. Not the same for a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Hi, I'm just reporting the issue I noticed on IE8. If there are pictures in a post, we can see the post overlapping with the next post. Must be an IE8 problem. But probably would require a fix when team-bhp decides to support IE8.
Attached is the screenshot.
Hi blue_pulsar, as you have stated, that is definitely a browser issue. Can you check if any of the other skins work better on your computer?
Old 13th September 2008, 12:35   #1585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hi blue_pulsar, as you have stated, that is definitely a browser issue. Can you check if any of the other skins work better on your computer?
You won't believe what happened. As soon as I changed the skin and changed back to blue skin, the problem disappeared. Also, the problem isn't there in any other skin!
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:26   #1586
Senior - BHPian

hey hi,

was wondering why not a seperate business section where members can advertise thier businesses or the services they provide or such similar activities, so that it can be useful for other members.

to avoid spamming of this section,maybe the permission to post a service or commodity can be given to people who have say 'n' number of posts to them, such as senior bhpians.

the postings need not be car related, can be anything, such as tutions,various products,projects,jobs,patnerships,consultancy services,etc.

since the posting platrom is free,maybe the members can offer a certain amount as a discounts or some good offers and alike.

there may be threads already for the stuff i have mentioned above, but am suggesting a diff section.

what say guys?
Old 24th September 2008, 10:01   #1587
Senior - BHPian

If I am right, I was in the opinion that no Auto based advt will be on the T-BHP. Right? Does it include the banner page that has advt?

Because, now a days I see that many auto based advt are showing up. Today, I keep getting this K&N repeatedly. Is it same for others too? Or is ti something to do with my search history? (I was searching for K&N offlate)
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-clipboard01.jpg
Old 25th September 2008, 12:52   #1588
BHPian

I am not sure whether implementing this is easy and will benefit us or not.

But just as we have a 'Tuner Advertising section' on the portal ( going through the 'Modify your Car' button ), is it possible to introduce a separate Rating / Feedback system for the tuners ( engine / ICE - both ) ??
Old 25th September 2008, 21:12   #1589
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Apologies for the late reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
was wondering why not a seperate business section where members can advertise thier businesses or the services they provide or such similar activities, so that it can be useful for other members.
Hi Aadix, I see where this came from. The expertise we have on board, covering a wide strata of topics, is unmatched in any Indian community. And I am sure that there are so many of us who provide products / services that the community would benefit from. A fantastic suggestion, though it basically points toward a kind of classifieds section for all things non-automotive.

We will discuss this amongst the Support Team shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
If I am right, I was in the opinion that no Auto based advt will be on the T-BHP. Right? Does it include the banner page that has advt?
Of course ALL auto ads are blocked. The way our advertising interface works is, we block certain URLs. For instance, google placed some Sumo Grande ads earlier this week. The minute we saw it, a block request was put in. K&N will be blocked shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
But just as we have a 'Tuner Advertising section' on the portal ( going through the 'Modify your Car' button ), is it possible to introduce a separate Rating / Feedback system for the tuners ( engine / ICE - both ) ??
Steeroid recently made this suggestion in the DBHPian section. It's fantastic, and can be extended to a rating system that covers dealerships & service stations. This has been added to our long-term project list. The only challenge will be to ensure that only those who have availed of a particular vendors services are allowed to rate.
Old 25th September 2008, 23:06   #1590
BHPian

There should be a thread where in the Manufacturer+date of Manufacture and defect noticed is commented upon.This should be done when the verdict is reached and a result is achieved(good/bad ending)after a consumer goes through the whole phase.

This would help all owners of the respective product check their details and protect themselves,from their investment and fatalities.

In order to keep this thread free from long winded stories and experiences , i suppose it should only be edited by MODS/Support Staff in T-bhp.No comments or whatsoever, just final conclusions on threads started by everyone and a post for all owners to check their own purchases in that category.At most maybe Head-Office contact details can be given for the ones that want a place to start their reimbursement/replacement process.For people that are reluctant to search through forum, they are just directed to the respective thread to ask their queries via a link on the post.

Manufacturers need to know that their quality/service/branding is taken seriously by all of us.We end up in the London Metro for the sweet holy cow's sake!, I'm sure a thread reminding consumers to check on the following would go a long way in many more appreciative and safer forum readers.
  • Manufacturer name
  • Batch no of manufactured product
  • Date/Serial stamped on product
  • Head Office Contact details
  • Actual Defect + How to check on it (with photos if available)
T-BHP in a way is responsible for enlightening all forum visitors.Better products, VFM products and also choosing expensive/cheaper products as a better option. We all spend more(or less) than what we began with as a budget invariably.In light of all of us passing our opinions and judgements, i reckon for us to warn the buyers of commodities which they may have been affected with will be a good idea.

If its Grey Market products, they don't qualify,Period.It was a choice made with the risks known well before hard earned money was splashed out on.

Most Viewed