Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2008, 14:42   #1606
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
I dont know if other people are having this problem, but i am. Since yesterday, whenever i am on the forum, there have been constant SpyWare alerts popping up. It happens only on team-bhp. No other website has this problem. Also, the moment i shut the page, the alerts dissappear....and come back when i reopen the page. Can someone look into it or should I ignore it???
Cyrus, that has to be a problem on your PC and / or anti-spyware program. For the record, I see the same alerts when I open ANY webpage with the I.explorer. I recommend a better browser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I face similar issues too at times. Although Rush has suggested a workaround using Google to search the forum, it would be good if the search can be improved further.
Hi benbsb29, allowing 2 character searches will make the search index unduly large. And slow. I insist that the google search option is best when you want to search for an "M5" or like.

Quote:
EDIT : Looks like a one-off problem, seems to be fine now.
GLad this has been sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Is there a provision to rate a particular post in a thread as excellent? I know that we can rate the threads. But sometimes even though the thread is average, there is a particular post or 2 which stands out and makes a significant contribution.

Pls ignore if this has been discussed already.
Nope, no way to rate a post. Feel free to quote that particular post with a thank you note. The original poster will surely appreciate your gesture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Is there any way to identify the subscribed threads, say from the list you get when you list threads with the new posts? It will be good to have that.

Also the starting the date of the thread if visible in the list would be helpful.
Your User CP is the best way to identify the subscribed threads. We feel that the date / time of the last post is more important than when the thread was created.
Old 2nd October 2008, 17:42   #1607
BHPian

sequence of posts

well reading the various posts in a thread are a pain cos u have to scroll down to read t first post then scroll upward to read the nextand so on
plus the first post of t thread shud be on first page rather than the latest
and the photo attachments open slowly and the post u'r reading keeps going of the screen
Old 2nd October 2008, 21:05   #1608
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
GTO : ... allowing 2 character searches will make the search index unduly large.
Is it possible to have some pre-defined 2 character custom key-words like M3, X3, etc ? Key-words that only the support team can define ?
Old 3rd October 2008, 02:22   #1609
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
GTO, Rehaan : Were are updates carried out on the Garage section? ...
EDIT : Looks like a one-off problem, seems to be fine now.
Good to hear that fixed itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Is there a provision to rate a particular post in a thread as excellent? ...
Sridharps,

This is very similar to the member-rating system / karma system we have discussed a few times before in this thread. Unfortunately it seems to have more disadvantages than advantages at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
....Is there any way to identify the subscribed threads, say from the list you get when you list threads with the new posts? It will be good to have that.
Trrk,

The closest thing is the "list subscriptions" page > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/subscr...ewsubscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
...have tried switching the skins, but this still happens. Is it the HP ad ? The Intel ad looks fine. ...
Hmm, will have to leave this one for GTO and Ajmat to figure out

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd October 2008 at 02:30.
Old 3rd October 2008, 02:29   #1610
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedoc View Post
well reading the various posts in a thread are a pain cos u have to scroll down to read t first post then scroll upward to read the nextand so on
Hi eyedoc,

To fix this problem you are having :
User CP > Edit options > Thread display mode > LINEAR (OLDEST FIRST).

This is the default value, i dont know how yours went ulta!

Quote:
...reading the various posts in a thread are a pain cos...
...on a related note - please avoid SMS language and check your posts for typos before submitting in order to ease readability for all our viewers.

Quote:
...the post u'r reading keeps going of the screen
Symptom: Abnormal micro-saccadic movements.
Cure: Faster internet connection

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd October 2008 at 02:31.
Old 3rd October 2008, 02:36   #1611

The Advertisement overlap issue has been sorted out!
Old 3rd October 2008, 07:42   #1612
Senior - BHPian

two suggestions.

1. Can the threads in which I've posted have different icons in the thread lists? This would help us keep track of and follow up on the threads I'm active/interested in. This feature is present in another vbulletin forum I'm a regular at, and I find it very convenient.

2. a follow up on sridharps' suggestion. what about a rep/nickel system? that would be an incentive for bhpians to come up with useful posts , as well as reward those who already have. currently you have either no stars or 5 stars = D Bhpian. Posts alone are not a good measure . Was just suggesting if some intermediate levels of recogntion be implemented

EDIT: just read rehaan's post. I'm just curious about the disadvantages of the karma system. Except for the occasional idiot who tries to take advantage of it , I've never seen any.

Last edited by greenhorn : 3rd October 2008 at 07:46.
Old 3rd October 2008, 09:38   #1613
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
and the photo attachments open slowly and the post u'r reading keeps going of the screen
Strangely, there have been a lot of complaints on this lately. Made the FAQ Entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Is it possible to have some pre-defined 2 character custom key-words like M3, X3, etc ? Key-words that only the support team can define ?
Condor, it isn't possible to include only select words. 2 character searches create undue stress on the index.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
The Advertisement overlap issue has been sorted out!
Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
1. Can the threads in which I've posted have different icons in the thread lists? This would help us keep track of and follow up on the threads I'm active/interested in. This feature is present in another vbulletin forum I'm a regular at, and I find it very convenient.
Can you PM me a link?

Quote:
that would be an incentive for bhpians to come up with useful posts , as well as reward those who already have. currently you have either no stars or 5 stars = D Bhpian. Posts alone are not a good measure . Was just suggesting if some intermediate levels of recogntion be implemented
We are only here for the love of cars! If a BHPian helps another, that's the spirit of our community. For the time being, we don't see the need for a post rating / karma system.
Old 3rd October 2008, 10:31   #1614
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
condor : .. the HP ad : the ad covers the left half of the search dialog box.
Cyrus43 : The Advertisement overlap issue has been sorted out!
The over-lap problem is still there. I'm seeing this only with the HP ad.

Ajmat, where are you ?!
Old 3rd October 2008, 18:19   #1615
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

>@GTO:Your User CP is the best way to identify the subscribed threads.

>@Rehaan: The closest thing is the "list subscriptions" page

Yes these are the closest to what I want. But I was hinting at a method also suggested by greehorn in a later message. Some icon in the list would make it easy to identify them.

I use the User CP as soon as I log in. I go through the threads and when I cklick on new posts some of these forums also appear as they have posts added after I log in. The separate icons would be helpful in identifying those which I could see anytime by using the user CP link. Hence the suggestion.

> @GTO:We feel that the date / time of the last post is more important than
> when the thread was created.

Sorry for not making myself clear. I did not mean to replace the last post / date with the intial post date. When we take the mouse to the subject of a thread, we get a bubble which gives the first few lines of the first message. I am sure the first post date could be added there. It could be a very old post, but is known only after going into it.

Thanks for replies.
Old 4th October 2008, 16:34   #1616
Team-BHP Support

It would be very nice if a board message sent out has some way to identify it as a broadcast message.
So when I see a PM about the policy of offensive language for instance, I know its a broadcast and I did not violate anything.

Thanks
Old 4th October 2008, 16:40   #1617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
It would be very nice if a board message sent out has some way to identify it as a broadcast message.
So when I see a PM about the policy of offensive language for instance, I know its a broadcast and I did not violate anything.

Thanks
Very true. Had me wondering what i might have done .

Such messages should also mention that, its a pm sent to everyone.
Old 4th October 2008, 16:45   #1618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Thanks

I got the same pm that you are refering.
I got confused for some time that if i have done anything wrong.
I checked all post made by me since last two days but found nothing.
So, i agree that there should be some identification for broadcast message.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 4th October 2008 at 16:47.
Old 4th October 2008, 16:56   #1619
Senior - BHPian

Been using Chrome for accessing T-BHP for some time now and I got my first the first exploit detection by ESET.

The log :
03-10-2008 09:26:08 HTTP filter file http://content.yieldmanager.edgesuit...3e2c22c78.swf?

clickTag=http://ads.komli.com/click,AAAAAKzdBQAvLBQAqBsGAAAANAAAAAkACQAGCgIABgKV 2gYAHiEJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKX5UgAAA AA

SWF/Exploit.CVE-2007-0071 trojan

Anyone else faced this?

Last edited by HappyWheels : 4th October 2008 at 16:58.
Old 4th October 2008, 17:57   #1620
Senior - BHPian

@ hemant and bblost. the message was adressed to "team" . That should have been explanatory enough right

But still, something like " BCC to all" would have saved us from the initial shock

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks