Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2024, 19:30   #7621
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Not sure if this was already suggested (search ran into too many pages). Would it be possible to select part of somebody post and then click on quote to just have that portion quoted? (rather than deleting whole lot of text from a long post when one wants respond to specific part of the post). Is there an easier way to do this?
thomahawk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 19:39   #7622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomahawk View Post
. Would it be possible to select part of somebody post and then click on quote to just have that portion quoted?
Super idea. It is available on some other forum software.

I would not have made this comment if I wasn't currently using a mobile device due to my computer being in hospital. To edit quotes etc with mouse and keyboard is trivial. Doing what I just did with yours is very far from it.

No idea if it can be done in this software, but we are always encouraging people to quote only short out relevant parts of a post. This function would make it easier and encourage it.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 19:55   #7623
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Anyway, bear in mind: it is a public forum. It can be read by anyone. If a person who is blocked in the way you describe wants to see your posts, all they have to do is not log in!

Not much point in doing development work that would be so easily worked around.
But if they aren't logged in, they can't reply. That's the point. That's how other social media forums work. They can logout & see, but can't reply
Old 30th January 2024, 20:08   #7624
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Imagine if teambhp offered a car compare feature where a casual browser can browse and compare upto 9-10 cars.
I know this may sound like a ‘me too’ since carwale and all offer this. However, in my browsing observations I have found a number of discrepancies in the info available on the site vis a vis the actual spec of the vehicle. Basically means the people compiling the content are not very thorough. Here is where teambhp can score hugely because of the sheer knowledge and attention to detail that is inherent in our members and committee and all. We can do it much better and we can also create many new parameters and filters for such evaluation.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 22:05   #7625
Senior - BHPian

Do we have a 'save for later' button to archive individual posts? I often find myself struggling to find old posts with some useful information.

I'd suggest adding a save button next to 'Thanks' + a shortcut in User CP to access the list of saved posts anytime.
self_driven is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 22:20   #7626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
a 'save for later' button to archive individual posts?
I think that the answer has always been to use your browser's functionality and bookmark the post. You could have a bookmark folder dedicated to the task.

Not as easy as it sounds? Well, of course ctrl-d would bookmark the page, I suppose. One would have to edit the bookmark with the post url from the post number.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 23:44   #7627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Imagine if teambhp offered a car compare feature where a casual browser can browse and compare upto 9-10 cars.
Manufacturers these days delete features like its normal with a price hike. Imo it would be tough updating each car’s spec sheet as and when they delete/add features. Also, the number of variants available today are equally confusing to keep track on.
Old 1st February 2024, 00:17   #7628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Do we have a 'save for later' button to archive individual posts? I often find myself struggling to find old posts with some useful information.

I'd suggest adding a save button next to 'Thanks' + a shortcut in User CP to access the list of saved posts anytime.
A work around proposed to a similar question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
A workaround would be using Thanks option, and one can track all the messages they thanked under their profile. I know it’s not ideal and it really beats the purpose of Thanks button.

Long term solution would be adding a Bookmark option similar to Thanks. I think this can be achieved by mimicking same thanks functionality by replacing the button name and icon.
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 00:18   #7629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I think that the answer has always been to use your browser's functionality and bookmark the post. You could have a bookmark folder dedicated to the task.

Not as easy as it sounds? Well, of course ctrl-d would bookmark the page, I suppose. One would have to edit the bookmark with the post url from the post number.
Even easier: Click the post number so that the url in your address bar points to this post directly. Then Ctrl+D to bookmark that individual post!
s4ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 02:42   #7630
Senior - BHPian

Team-bhp should promote the usage of "garage update threads" instead of a thread for each car and bike a person owns. I enjoy reading Joreon's thread. I would very much like Leo or Sunnyboi or Gannu to have such a thread.

I understand the reasoning for having each thread for each car or 2 Wheeler a person owns, but sometime maintenance for these vehicles overlap and sometimes not each vehicle will have a thread. This thread can be catch-all thread for all the vehicles in the garage, including vehicles that do not have a dedicated team-bhp thread.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 09:46   #7631
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Team-bhp should promote the usage of "garage update threads" instead of a thread for each car and bike a person owns. I enjoy reading Joreon's thread. I would very much like Leo or Sunnyboi or Gannu to have such a thread.

I understand the reasoning for having each thread for each car or 2 Wheeler a person owns, but sometime maintenance for these vehicles overlap and sometimes not each vehicle will have a thread. This thread can be catch-all thread for all the vehicles in the garage, including vehicles that do not have a dedicated team-bhp thread.
This only makes sense when the person owing the garage is widely known - Example : Harry from Harry's Garage. On the other hand, for a regular user, it is anyday easier and relevant to search within ownership threads and titles for a particular car model and follow, rather than a thread which has updates of all cars a member owns. Just my opinion.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 09:15   #7632

Silly Question ...

Apologies, my age is showing but I haven't participated in a while due to me email address changing. Please will someone advise how to go about changing my email address linked to my account. Thanks in advance. Pic of my car, Lancia Fulvia just for the hell of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-fulvia2.jpeg  

BULLDOG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 20:06   #7633
BHPian

I usually use TBHP on my laptop and while scrolling on my iPhone through Safari, noticed that the View Post option isn’t clickable/available when the picture is clicked on and if it is in portrait mode.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-img_6572.jpeg
Here notice the View Post option isn’t visible.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-img_6573.png
View Post option is available if I am in Landscape mode.
Old 12th February 2024, 20:10   #7634
Team-BHP Support

Re: Silly Question ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLDOG View Post
Apologies, my age is showing but I haven't participated in a while due to me email address changing. Please will someone advise how to go about changing my email address linked to my account.
Try this:

Quick Links -> Edit Profile -> Edit Email & Password -> enter and save. You'll then have to verify this new email through a verification email you'll receive on the new email ID.
Old 13th February 2024, 10:13   #7635
BHPian

I use Team-BHP on Laptop more frequently than in mobile. One thing I find very useful in mobile is directly go to unread post in a thread. Is it possible to do same in web version? If not possible, would you please include same in web version?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks