Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2023, 02:40   #7501
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinikalantri View Post
The forum looks dated and straight out of early 2000s. ... ... ... Are we open to upgrade to another platform?
True, there are much nicer platforms. But this one works, is very familiar to the team that run and develop it, and very familiar to the users.

And... You joined for the content, didn't you?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 16:01   #7502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-img_8745.jpeg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-img_8746.jpeg

Both the Model T and the Model S get you from A to B. But that didn’t stop this evolution of the car.

I can understand the comfort of knowing the platform. I also understand the if it ain't broke, don't fix it philosophy. But moving ahead this should be the natural evolution for team BHP. The new platforms are better suited for the mobile consumption. They are built using newer technologies.

I hope there is an upgrade waypoint on the team BHP roadmap (could be a couple of years out)
ashwinikalantri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 13:07   #7503
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if it's correct to post in this thread.

Is it possible for Team-bhp to file some petition (or such) against the Drivers of (Heavy) Vehicles who Ram the other vehicles, claim Brake Failure and Roam Freely as if they are not responsible for damages caused to other citizens?
Old 30th April 2023, 11:26   #7504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, please share updates if you are still facing the issue. If no, awesome. If yes, please share screenshots & if possible, a video.
Problem of crashing still persists and happens everytime I open the TBHP site on Chrome. It causes the phone to also crash. Also I am still seeing full page and video ads too (even in India). They seem to be the culprit and could be causing problems.
My user experience has become so bad now that it crashes 8 out of 10 times and I am finding difficult to access now. This may be affecting the overall pageviews of the site too on android - please check the trends of pageviews over the past 3 months on android platform with chrome browser. It may give some indication of when the changes started.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 11:52   #7505
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, please share updates if you are still facing the issue. If no, awesome. If yes, please share screenshots & if possible, a video.
Never faced this issue as I mostly use brave, used Chrome yesterday and :

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-1682835082598.jpg
Venky03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 12:34   #7506
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Problem of crashing still persists and happens everytime I open the TBHP site on Chrome. It causes the phone to also crash. Also I am still seeing full page and video ads too (even in India). They seem to be the culprit and could be causing problems.
Can you please share screenshots? The more, the better. Currently, we don't have any video campaign running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
I agree, this seems to be more of an issue with chrome or a service that we use. Nowadays I'm using Canada visa forum (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-im...cussion-board/) as much as I'm using TeamBHP and i see the issue with that forum as well, but it is considerably less frequent, like 8/10 times here vs 3/10 times over there.
Thanks! Checked out this forum and we have almost nothing in common with them (platform, software, ad types).

I still believe it's a Chrome issue, but wondering how the rest of us aren't facing any problem at all. I am on the latest Chrome version.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 18:25   #7507
BHPian

Hi Team-BHP Support/Moderator Team,

In the past few days, I observed that when I type any keywords in the "Search" edit field, no search results appear in the "Search" page. See below screenshot for reference. This occurs only on web apps. I checked it only on Chrome and Firefox browsers. However, no such issue on mobile as search results appear on mobile device browsers (Chrome and Firefox).

So, the workaround I do is to type those keywords in Google search engine followed by "team bhp" keywords at last. Then, I click on the desired search result.

Are other Team-BHPians also facing the same issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-search_issue.png  

Last edited by Bhupesh_2628 : 2nd May 2023 at 18:38. Reason: Adding workaround details.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 18:54   #7508
BHPian

Yesterday night and today afternoon, while browsing the site, I received the following error message:

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot-30.png

If the maintenance was planned, it would be helpful to display a message that says 'Site is under maintenance'.
Venky03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 18:57   #7509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
In the past few days, I observed that when I type any keywords in the "Search" edit field, no search results appear in the "Search" page
Even I have been facing this past few months on my browser. For me the search query is shown but doesnt return any results.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-teambhp_search.png

What I observed is if I disable my adblocker (ublock origin), the results get shown.

See if disabling your ad blocker helps.

PS : TeamBHP shows multiple ads, so browsing without an adblocker was impossible, so I "trial and errored" and enabled an option called "disable cosmetic filtering" which removes the ads but doesnt remove thier containers.

Somehow this shows the search results AND removes the ads for me. So yay!

Last edited by TheRandomGuy : 2nd May 2023 at 18:59.
TheRandomGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 19:40   #7510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post
See if disabling your ad blocker helps.
Hi TheRandomGuy,
Thank you. Upon disabling the "uBlock Origin" ad blocker extension, the search results came up. I'll also try the option "Click to disable cosmetic filtering on this site" as you suggested.
Bhupesh_2628 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 20:03   #7511
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please share screenshots? The more, the better. Currently, we don't have any video campaign running.

Thanks! Checked out this forum and we have almost nothing in common with them (platform, software, ad types).

I still believe it's a Chrome issue, but wondering how the rest of us aren't facing any problem at all. I am on the latest Chrome version.
I am still getting video ads on Team Bhp even though I am in India. Below is one example of a video ad that I just saw.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_2023050220003921_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Old 4th May 2023, 11:33   #7512
BHPian

Since a week or so, I am unable to log in to TBHP on my desktop.
Upon login, it says password invalid and says 1 out of 5 attempts done. Even if I log in for 10 times, it is the same 1 out of 5 attempts used.
I have used Brave, Chrome, Edge to log in.
Same result.

And now the crazy part, I am typing this from my account on my mobile phone (Chrome), using the same login details.

Kindly advise.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-img_20230504_100112.jpg  

Old 9th May 2023, 11:38   #7513
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I am still getting video ads on Team Bhp even though I am in India. Below is one example of a video ad that I just saw.
Thanks. Those are indirect ads via Google Adsense.

The page crashes for you even without video ads, right?
Old 9th May 2023, 11:54   #7514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
May not be enough to attract the next generation of users. Saying this from the experience of a career spent creating content. People don't read as much anymore. Even clients who have paid for the product will not read the user manual. Content is king, but presentation is what gets the king re-elected! (If monarchs need re-election, and these days they probably do!)

I'm a long-format text guy myself, but even I've found I've started consuming a bit more video and reading a bit less these days. Younger users will need a far more visual medium. The forum still looks pretty good now, but dated. It's obviously not a platform that was designed with video or mobile phones in mind.

It's certainly not broken yet, but perhaps starting the conversation now will avoid us having to fix it in a few years.

Last edited by am1m : 9th May 2023 at 12:08.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 14:42   #7515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Those are indirect ads via Google Adsense.

The page crashes for you even without video ads, right?
Yes thats correct, most of the time, it crashes even before any ad loads.
The User CP page comes up fine, but as soon as I click the subscribed thread links and it tries to load the last page of that thread, it crashes (50% of time currently) for me with chrome browser on android (Oneplus mobile with Android 13).
Google Adsense could also be the cause here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks