Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2023, 10:43   #7486
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

We have a thread about brochures of cars. Would it maybe be a good idea to have a central repository (searchable by make and model) of these brochures for members to download?

This will negate the need for reading the whole thread and search; and it might also let people know of the existence of the brochures - the thread may not be visible to everyone by default.

Cheers
Old 14th April 2023, 10:15   #7487
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I have recently seen that the Team-bhp site is crashing frequently on mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
I'm facing the exact same problem on my Android mobile
Guys, please share updates if you are still facing the issue. If no, awesome. If yes, please share screenshots & if possible, a video.
Old 15th April 2023, 21:18   #7488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, please share updates if you are still facing the issue. If no, awesome. If yes, please share screenshots & if possible, a video.
Sorry, I might not be of much use on this. I'm seeing same issue on few other forums that I frequent, so much so that I have stopped using Chrome browser altogether. So, this might be related to the ad plugin or the browser itself and not website specific issue.

So yeah, I'm still seeing this issue and my mobile becomes unusable everytime this happens. Every app crashes including the UI and then it goes to lockscreen. I tried resetting Chrome to no avail.

I might reset complete mobile, but I have some data on this which I have to backup.

I'd let other Android users share their experience.
neelkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 08:21   #7489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The issue had stopped for a week and was working fine (till 12th April) but after that the same issues have resurfaced and chrome hangs and becomes unresponsive and hangs badly every time when I access Team-bhp on my Android mobile. Please recheck as it seems the ad settings have again gone back to previous ones.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 03:40   #7490
BHPian

I wanted to start a thread/post on unicycling when I realized that I should perhaps put it under bicycling, though it isn't about bicycling at all. The utility of an entire thread dedicated to unicycling is very likely overkill, as even though there might be some enthusiastic readers, it wouldn't have too many unique posters. My suggestion therefore is to have a parent thread/subforum called 'Human-powered transportation' which could have bicycling, unicycling, skate-boarding, kayaking, in-line skating and so many more things which would be right at home, and not out of place as they would be, say under the bicycling thread, or worse, a hobby thread, which would be too generic, encompassing everything from knitting to sky-diving. Can we then have a Human-powered transportation sub-forum? Yay or nay?
supermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 15:12   #7491
Senior - BHPian

TBHP Reviewers : Could you guys invest in a paint thickness gauge ? We would be happy to chip in.
Nowadays with car manufacturers cheaping out on paint thickness it's important to get a better picture overall of paint quality. Some members have even highlighted Hyundai and Kia cars only coming with base coat on the bottom inside of doors.
As enthusiasts and detailing lovers it's good to know how much paint is actually on the car and it will help in getting an idea of how well the car will hold up it's looks and stay rust free too.
Mortis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 11:41   #7492
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
Sorry, I might not be of much use on this. I'm seeing same issue on few other forums that I frequent
Thank you very much! This is so helpful. So, it is perhaps not a Team-BHP thing, but an error with the software we use, or Chrome.

Can you please share which all forums you face this issue on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The issue had stopped for a week and was working fine (till 12th April) but after that the same issues have resurfaced and chrome hangs and becomes unresponsive and hangs badly every time when I access Team-bhp on my Android mobile.
Thank you Behemoth. But the thing is, you should not be seeing any of the high-impact ads. On mobile currently (in North India), the video ad and full-screen ads are all disabled. There is no difference on our ads from 5th - 19th April.

Can you please share screenshots of the pages you are seeing unresponsiveness on?
Old 19th April 2023, 12:28   #7493

Do we need a new logo for Team-BHP?

I have been thinking about this a lot. Every time I see our logo, I get a sense that this group is only for adrenaline junky petrol heads. While most of us may be petrol heads, do we need to say it explicitly in the logo. When you read any content on TeamBHP, it’s a lot more mature, informative and talks like a category leader. Apart from all the automobile stuff, I have learnt more about life lessons, economics, people and places through TeamBHP. So is it time for the logical next step to redesign the TeamBHP logo to be more inclusive, progressive and neutral? Or am I thinking too much?
kiranton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 13:01   #7494
BHPian

Re: Do we need a new logo for Team-BHP?

If you know what Team-BHP is all about, why are you worried about its logo?
CarNerd is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 14:38   #7495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranton View Post
So is it time for the logical next step to redesign the TeamBHP logo to be more inclusive, progressive and neutral? Or am I thinking too much?
Oh hell!!! Why is the whole world going woke?

Car enthusiasts are a niche group of people, and it is the car enthusiasts who made this group possible. So lets maintain that identity and not lose what we are, in the call for inclusiveness and progressiveness.
dragonfire is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 15:03   #7496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So is it time for the logical next step to redesign the TeamBHP logo to be more inclusive, progressive and neutral? Or am I thinking too much?
You're thinking too much.

It's an automotive forum. The other stuff is a bonus.
v1p3r is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 16:34   #7497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...more inclusive, progressive and neutral?
There are dieselheads here, there are BEV fanatics here, there are people who vehemently support public transit over even car ownership/driving here, yet everyone here is a BHPian and I believe we have civilised discussions here. The Shifting section teaches us more about life than any social media out there. Not sure how more inclusive one has to get. Rainbow theme maybe?

If anyone is offended by images like the ones given below, then sorry. The tagline is REDLINING THE INDIAN AUTOMOTIVE SCENE

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-maxresdefault-1.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-maxresdefault.jpg
DicKy is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 16:40   #7498
BHPian

Quote:
TeamBHP logo to be more inclusive, progressive and neutral? Or am I thinking too much?
Yes, you are thinking too much and on things(logo, inclusion etc) which have no bearing on how this favorite forum of ours attracts its readership. The logos is fine the way it is and need no redesign in my opinion.
ranjith_cbz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 00:03   #7499
BHPian

I finally got to do a reset of my mobile as I wanted to resolve few other issues as well. And I still see the issue on chrome. For a quick test, I used this forum on Firefox with no add-ons and that worked smoothly. No crashes or freezes at all. But switching back to Chrome consistently caused apps and UI to crash.
Quote:
Thank you very much! This is so helpful. So, it is perhaps not a Team-BHP thing, but an error with the software we use, or Chrome.

Can you please share which all forums you face this issue on?
I agree, this seems to be more of an issue with chrome or a service that we use. Nowadays I'm using Canada visa forum (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-im...cussion-board/) as much as I'm using TeamBHP and i see the issue with that forum as well, but it is considerably less frequent, like 8/10 times here vs 3/10 times over there.
neelkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 00:58   #7500
BHPian

The forum looks dated and straight out of early 2000s. I’m no expert but there are many modern platforms that are user friendly and feature rich. Are we open to upgrade to another platform?
ashwinikalantri is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks