Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2023, 12:54   #7471
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

I think it would be a good time to have a separate section for electric 2W just like we have one for electric cars(or an electric vehicles section with 4W and 2W sub-sections) and additionally there can also be an electric charging station directory. Currently we have a lot of information regarding charging stations and their reviews spread out in multiple threads across different sections.
Venky03 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 12:57   #7472
BHPian

I’m not sure if it’s a bug or intended feature based on some moderation.
Issue: My post count is 30 based on my posting history, but it shows as 14 against me on each post, and still considered me as a Newbie since count is less than 25.
Old 25th February 2023, 14:03   #7473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
I’m not sure if it’s a bug or intended feature based on some moderation.
Issue: My post count is 30 based on my posting history, but it shows as 14 against me on each post, and still considered me as a Newbie since count is less than 25.
Because posts in certain sections of the forum, like I think this shifting gears section, don't get counted amongst the total posts.
WorkingGuru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 14:56   #7474
Distinguished - BHPian

I have recently seen that the Team-bhp site is crashing frequently on mobile and there seems to be an issue with the advertising plugin. Please have it checked as I had not faced this issue in the past but it happens 2-3 times every day now. All other sites work perfectly well but am facing this issue when browsing TBHP that the page freezes on the ad and then the Chrome app crashes.
Behemoth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 23:31   #7475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
All other sites work perfectly well but am facing this issue when browsing TBHP that the page freezes on the ad and then the Chrome app crashes.
I'm facing the exact same problem on my Android mobile with chrome browser. Didn't understand whether chrome was causing it or something on the TeamBHP site. But I don't see this issue when visiting the site from Firefox browser.
neelkumar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 09:35   #7476
BHPian

Moderators - unlike the desktop sites, while browsing on mobile phones, News doesn’t have ‘View Forum Discussion’ on the top of the page, one has to scroll all the way down to select the option. It would be convenient if you could add the same to the top, as the user experience of reading is better in Forum style page than the news page
Jangra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 08:45   #7477
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have recently seen that the Team-bhp site is crashing frequently on mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
I'm facing the exact same problem on my Android mobile with chrome browser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyk View Post
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I just wanted to point out that team-bhp.com has become nigh unusable with Chrome on Android.
Thanks very much for the feedback. We will solve it on the topmost priority.

- Do you see it just on desktop or just mobile? Or both?

- Just on forum, or even on our homepage? Both are powered by different software.

- Does it happen when you get toward the end of the page (and thus, our infinite scrolling working its magic with loading the next page automatically)?

- What device? Make & model?

- Is your Chrome app updated & the latest build?

- Can you please share screenshots of the page when you experience this? Especially of the ads?

- If you could, a video of the entire page (from top to bottom - when this happens) would greatly help.

Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
News doesn’t have ‘View Forum Discussion’ on the top of the page
Discussing the same with the team. Thanks.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 09:02   #7478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks very much for the feedback. We will solve it on the topmost priority.

- Do you see it just on desktop or just mobile? Or both?

- Just on forum, or even on our homepage? Both are powered by different software.

- Does it happen when you get toward the end of the page (and thus, our infinite scrolling working its magic with loading the next page automatically)?

- What device? Make & model?

- Is your Chrome app updated & the latest build?

- Can you please share screenshots of the page when you experience this? Especially of the ads?

- If you could, a video of the entire page (from top to bottom - when this happens) would greatly help.

Thank you very much!

Discussing the same with the team. Thanks.

Hi GTO

To quickly respond to your queries:

1) have seen it happening only on mobile and it doesn't happen on desktop

2) happens on the forum threads

3) when we click the link for the subscribed thread from the user CP page, it takes some time to load the page and it tries to load the ad as an interstitial ad (the first thing visible is the ad), at this time the chrome app hangs and becomes unresponsive many times for upto 30-40 seconds and many times the app crashes. The ads are also quite aggresive and take over the full page view
This doesn't happen due to the infinite scrolling (that works fine)

4) my phone is Oneplus 9R running latest official version of Oxygen Android and Chrome is also updated.

5) when the bug happens the phone also becomes unresponsive and taking a screenshot also is not possible. It takes some 30-40 seconds to kill the chrome app and have also observed that during that time some other apps also become unresponsive.. even my Kaspersky antivirus also becomes unresponsive

Hope my feedback is helpful and this bug can be resolved. This did not happen till around 3 months back and now is happening quite frequently.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 21:26   #7479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We will solve it on the topmost priority.
Hey GTO,

Same as Behemoth, this only happens when I use the forum on my Samsung Galaxy S20+ running on the latest Android 13 and the latest Chrome version. I haven't seen this while using the homepage or the news section.

For me this is inconsistent. Around 95% of the times it happens and that too few seconds after the page has loaded completely. Right now I have typed this post from the same problem browser/mobile and it didn't crash.

And when the issue does occur, I pretty much cannot use my mobile as even the OS UI seems to be crashing and every app restarts.

And this doesn't happen on Firefox browser on the same mobile with Ghostery extension running.

Edit: Chrome has now become unusable, but fortunately I was able to capture a screenshot which is pointing to a crash of Galaxy Watch4 manager app. This is just to highlight that random apps are also getting crashed when this issue occurs.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20230328_214124_chrome.jpg

Last edited by neelkumar : 28th March 2023 at 21:46. Reason: added a screenshot
neelkumar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 11:29   #7480
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys.

Quote:
load the ad as an interstitial ad (the first thing visible is the ad)
Have paused the interstitial ad that shows up between pages. Does this solve the problem for you guys? Please use forum for another 2 days and update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
Same as Behemoth, this only happens when I use the forum on my Samsung Galaxy S20+ running on the latest Android 13 and the latest Chrome version.
Two other BHPians reported this issue and they were also running the Galaxy S20.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 11:47   #7481
BHPian

I also noticed the freeze while browsing the forum on my phone. Especially during infinite scrolling when it tries to go to the next page. Need to refresh for the next page to load which leads back to top to the page i started reading with. When this happens again, now i physically click on the next page option which works properly by refreshing starting from the next page at the top.

Also when doing quick replies on phone, the window and cursor freezes mid sentence without registering what i typed. After a few seconds or after minimise and maximizing chrome, everything i typed before the freeze, registers in one go almost like autocomplete. I don't know if it's only me or others faced it too.
PrasadS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 12:33   #7482
Senior - BHPian

I am using an iPhone 11 and almost always use my phone through Safari for browsing Team BHP, no freezing or any issues to report. Maybe these issues are only happening on Android phones using Chrome or some other browser. I am on the latest iOS update 16.4

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 13:31   #7483
BHPian

Suggestion :- What if we made the "thanks" button available globally to all users, including guests, so that they can interact with posts? By displaying the number of thanks received, we can better gauge the impact of certain posts. Such a feature would benefit both the original poster and guest users by encouraging more interaction with posts.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 00:55   #7484
Distinguished - BHPian

For the last week or so, I get only the desktop view for the site, while browsing on my Pixel 4a. The home page alone seems mobile version and everything else is the desktop version I see. I closed all firefox windows and re-opened, but same issue persists.

Edit : While typing "Firefox windows" is when I realised I should try Chrome and voila - it's all fine on Chrome. Seems like a Firefox related issue then.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 31st March 2023 at 00:57.
Old 31st March 2023, 13:32   #7485
BHPian

Is there a way to jump to a particular post# within a thread. I see quite a few members asking to check certain posts and rather than scrolling down, if we had a link like 'Go to <Post#>' should help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks