Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 11:34   #5986
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
This flipkart issue is still persisting in mobile browsers. Had to reinstall the iOS app because of this glitch. I was happy with mobile browser. Most of the times, it doesn't even ask for that confirmation and just opens up the flipkart app on my phone. Screenshot attached for the prompt that keeps on popping up.
Attachment 1414604

PS: reporting the screenshot from last month
This is too much

Open Team-BHP App in Flipkart App ! Technology has lost all its brains

On a serious note, I haven't seen this issue in my Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo or Moto G3, neither on App, nor on Chrome browser.
Old 14th September 2015, 13:21   #5987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
This is too much

Open Team-BHP App in Flipkart App ! Technology has lost all its brains

On a serious note, I haven't seen this issue in my Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo or Moto G3, neither on App, nor on Chrome browser.
I think you didn't get it. I was browsing TBhp in my phone's web browser and this flipkart issue happens with the browser only. This issue irritated me so much I had to go back to the TBhp app, which I wasn't really comfortable with.
Old 14th September 2015, 16:21   #5988
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe that the answer to Flipkart-app problems is to remove the Flipkart app.

Given their intrusive permissions, I'm sure they are aware of app deletions. We do not want them intruding, spying, spamming with notifications, etc etc. If we must buy from them, we can wait until we reach a desktop.

Lets start saying no to Flipkart and any other shopping apps that behave like this, rather than expecting other app-writers/browsers to work around it.
Old 18th September 2015, 09:58   #5989
Senior - BHPian

Since the Team-BHP Official Reviews are such an integral part of the forum, I'd suggest that these can be compiled in the same format as in the 'advice' section. Reason: first time users (who are solely wanting to have a look at the review and not the discussion) can view the review page by page (eg. exterior, interior, engine etc.) and end it at that. The format could be the same, it's just that it would be easier on the eyes compared to a massive thread view with over 150 pictures all opened at the same time. A lot of scrolling to do...

This could increase ad impressions too

What say?

Last edited by S2!!! : 18th September 2015 at 10:00.
Old 18th September 2015, 15:19   #5990
BHPian

1. How about a delete/no thanks button(opposite of Thanks button)?
2. How about the ability to tag members/admins/support to posts? If we need a response then the best way to grab attention is quote a previous thread. This can be outdated at times. Also, for example, if an old thread needs to be revived, this approach will help.
3. Time to start a youtube channel of your own Team-BHP. With the level of detailing you do and the information at your disposal, it will beat most of the competition. Most of the sites(CD & CBIndia for example) are strictly ok in terms of their reviews.

Last edited by AveekKumar : 18th September 2015 at 15:29.
Old 18th September 2015, 15:39   #5991
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
1. How about a delete/no thanks button(opposite of Thanks button)?
A No thanks/thumbs down/dislike button will also be prone to abuse over time and may potentially discourage members from posting on the forums. Best to ignore the post in such cases. If you feel a post is irrelevant/off-topic/violates the rules, report it.

Quote:
2. How about the ability to tag members/admins/support to posts? If we need a response then the best way to grab attention is quote a previous thread. This can be outdated at times. Also, for example, if an old thread needs to be revived, this approach will help.
Quoting a post sends a notification PM to the member. Quote a post, delete the contents if it is irrelevant for the thread.

Like this:

Quote:
Quote:
3. Time to start a Youtube channel of your own Team-BHP.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamBHPChannel
Old 27th September 2015, 17:30   #5992
BHPian

Apologies in advance if the matter has been discussed before.

What is the feasibility of Safety campaign posters like in the following pictures with Team-Bhp mentioned as a footer, that we can download, print and display in our Office parking lots and the like to spread awareness. There is no financial commitment involved as members who are well versed in Photoshop can contribute.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-11_9.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-995fb57baf9f91e4e882eb3c15e6cc5f.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-08_8.jpg

Picture courtesy : Respective websites

Last edited by adrian : 27th September 2015 at 17:53.
Old 29th September 2015, 07:51   #5993
Senior - BHPian

After years of dilly-dallying, I have now bitten the bullet; I have disabled Flash in my Chrome browser. This does not have any effect on the Youtube website; but on Team-BHP I just get an empty window with a "Adobe Flash Player has been disabled" message. The reason for this is that Team-BHP is still using the Flash-specific and deprecated <object> video embeds; so can we consider upgrading to the more usable <iframe> method of embedding videos?

https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters
Old 6th October 2015, 14:07   #5994
Distinguished - BHPian

Suggestions for Official New Car Reviews
We have a nice and standardized format for official new car reviews, which I believe can be improved further. Here are my 2 cents/suggestions!
  1. Once a car is actually launched, put in a placeholder thread for the official review, and close any preview/speculation threads. If you consider the Aspire, the car was launched and in customers' hands before the offical review came out. Unfortunately, some 4 weeks' worth of meaningful discussions about the car (including owners comments) were closed off in the preview thread when the official review came out. Once the official review is ready, that can be injected into the first posts of the thread.
  2. At the same time, mods can create a thread for the tyre/wheel upgrade thread that just has a single post about recommended upsizes, and allow the conversation to continue thereafter. Often, the tyre/wheel upgrade threads end up starting off with a question, and recommendations evolve over the course of the thread. As an example of what I'm proposing, consider this thread.
Old 6th October 2015, 14:35   #5995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Suggestions for Official New Car Reviews
We have a nice and standardized format for official new car reviews, which I believe can be improved further. Here are my 2 cents/suggestions!
  1. Once a car is actually launched, put in a placeholder thread for the official review, and close any preview/speculation threads. If you consider the Aspire, the car was launched and in customers' hands before the offical review came out. Unfortunately, some 4 weeks' worth of meaningful discussions about the car (including owners comments) were closed off in the preview thread when the official review came out. Once the official review is ready, that can be injected into the first posts of the thread.
Slight variation of the point Arun has mentioned. Once a car is launched, create a thread for 'Test drive and Initial Impressions for car xxx'. bhpians who visit showrooms and do test drives can post the reports here. In addition new owners(who cannot/don't want to put up detailed ownership reports) can post their inputs here). Currently all this information is in the preview thread and can get lost especially if it is a hot thread.

This thread can also have a base format and expectations.

Once the official review is up, the last post in the review can link to this thread. So a reader can read the review and also quickly look at the other td reports by bhpians
Old 8th October 2015, 10:50   #5996
BHPian

I have come to know from a lot of people around that they no longer like to read reviews as they are pretty "useless" for the reason that they contain a hell lot of detail. Instead, what they do is go watch some video reviews as they get done in a short time with more information. If it isn't too much to ask for, may i suggest compiling video reviews (where mod/ mods talk through the features/ driving impressions whilst TDing) for each car that's reviewed so, that this population can make merry and benefit from the high reviewing standards that have been set here?

I am from the traditional mindset and any day prefer the attention to detail that the reviews here contain. Add to it, a gazillion pictures covering each nook & cranny of a new vehicle and I am one happy guy glued to all of those !

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 8th October 2015 at 10:57.
Old 8th October 2015, 11:03   #5997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
I have come to know from a lot of people around that they no longer like to read reviews as they are pretty "useless" for the reason that they contain a hell lot of detail. Instead, what they do is go watch some video reviews as they get done in a short time with more information. If it isn't too much to ask for, may i suggest compiling video reviews (where mod/ mods talk through the features/ driving impressions whilst TDing) for each car that's reviewed so, that this population can make merry and benefit from the high reviewing standards that have been set here?

I am from the traditional mindset and any day prefer the attention to detail that the reviews here contain. Add to it, a gazillion pictures covering each nook & cranny of a new vehicle and I am one happy guy glued to all of those !

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
I have often wondered about the absence of an official YouTube channel myself. Its definitely a requirement for the video heavy content these days. But the traditional detailed format is the most comprehensive and is unique to this site. Video productions will require much more work and resources to maintain quality.

I +10 the request.
Old 8th October 2015, 13:21   #5998
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault's Kwid entry level hatchback unveiled EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 2.57 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I think the reasons for this have been called out before, but reiterating anyway. There is a high expectation from a Team-Bhp review and this takes take time to compile. In addition the moderators/reviewers have day jobs and are not tied only to Team-Bhp.

Final reason. There have been so many launches in close succession. I assume that makes the whole process more challenging.

So there will definitely be an Official Review for all the new cars. We just need to be patient.

Edit: We already have the reviews for Jazz, Creta, Aspire. I think only the Kwid, TUV300 and Figo DCT are pending. That is a pretty good turn round considering the above points
Hi,

Can we (Team-BHPians) help in any way to support the workload. I can volunteer to provide support of any kind to the review team.
Old 10th October 2015, 12:31   #5999
BHPian

View 1 : Link
Quote:
While the Zest may have been our car of the year, there is still no denying quality issues in Tata products. The forum has infinite examples of Tata's glaring quality issues and even a couple of threads on Tata cars (indigo and xenon i think) where the bonnet flew open while driving. Scary to have to deal with such a product IMO. Poor quality is still something that strikes you when in the cabin of a Zest. No matter how improved, they just aren't quite there yet. Hope things change with the Hexa
View 2 : Link
Quote:
...I own a Polo Highline Petrol, I have driven Zest XMS Petrol and I sat in Etios Taxi multiple times. From that point of view, I would say that Zest interiors were really as good as Polo. The quality of plastics, ICE, steering, seats, buttons were great with the added advantage of good driver's view due to height, roomy interiors and wide rear bench which can seat 3 adults, good legroom (i'm 6 ft.). Zest drives well, it has light steering like my Polo and It felt like a car I would be happy to drive. If you really want FTD factor, then just switch to 'sports' mode and floor the pedal...
Whom to believe ?

A Polo Highline owner OR someone whos got "infinite examples" of TATA's quality issues & opines their cars being "Not there yet".

I'd only request people follow some prudence with "Expert advise".

Its not untrue that TATA cars have had quality issues, we know service is tricky to deal with. But the solution to that isn't to declare the car as trash, but to help friends here understand what they may need to do to ensure the car is maintained adequately for regular use.

Everyone has a certain temperament & IQ. What may seem as a simple thing to one may feel like a headache for another (& vice versa).

Lets say I've mistakenly chosen to buy a brand thats actually turned out to be trash, imagine how I'll feel if I'm repeatedly told my car is trash. What joy does it bring to condescendingly talk of the brand that other people own ?

Many of us here aren't here for expert advice, we're here for friendly advice. Share some joys & often some pains. Share the joy, and if one can help with the pains, please help. But if one can't help, please leave it be. Why get overly judgmental ?

Anyway, hope you'll get what I'm trying to say.

Regards

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 10th October 2015 at 12:34.
Old 15th October 2015, 17:25   #6000
BHPian

I have been following the Team-BHP twitter handle for long. Reporting spottings and tagging Team-BHP handle in important auto news. I am sure others active on twitter must be doing the same.
What I have observed is, the handle is non-responsive, i.e., no retweets, no mentions, no fav, etc.

Keeping the above in view, I have following suggestions.
  1. Our twitter handle needs to be more interactive and active.
  2. Is there a way to integrate the twitter handle in this forum. That is all tweets to and from Team-BHP, mentions, etc are automatically posted in a separate thread.

Hope the above finds a place.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks