Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2015, 13:07   #5911
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This was with Google Chrome, if that helps
i'm using Chrome and it is working fine for me. i even changed the forum skin to BHP Silver (which is standard) and still it was working. i suggest you reset Chrome, restart and check if it's working
Old 7th May 2015, 16:52   #5912
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
EDIT: Bloody hell, now if I click anywhere on BLACK BACKGROUND on any TBHP page, it turns to FLIPKART. This is becoming irritating. The interesting fact is that all shopping sites are blocked in my office including FK.
Though I've seen this happen 2-3 times myself, it hasn't happened since you brought it up. Any chance you know how to "inspect element" and get some clues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
*And in the last couple of days, I also distinctly remember an instance when it just the opposite with "+" in collapsed and expanded state! Not sure if that was when browsing on the mobile though.
There were some changes made (and then undone). If you clear your browser cache it should revert back to the original.
Old 11th May 2015, 16:04   #5913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Though I've seen this happen 2-3 times myself, it hasn't happened since you brought it up. Any chance you know how to "inspect element" and get some clues?
I changed over to CHROME browser & since then have not faced any issues.
But after seeing your PM, I again tried TBHP on IE9 and the problem still persists.

If I come across any solution, will post my findings.

Regards-Sonu
Old 13th May 2015, 21:07   #5914
BANNED

A quick question on the TBHP stickers.

Is there a possibility of letting the users select which stickers we want rather than having to take the whole bunch? I only like the LTD and LCLC stickers, but have to get the whole lot just for these two stickers. I will not use the others at all.
Old 13th May 2015, 21:37   #5915
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
A quick question on the TBHP stickers.

Is there a possibility of letting the users select which stickers we want rather than having to take the whole bunch? I only like the LTD and LCLC stickers, but have to get the whole lot just for these two stickers. I will not use the others at all.
Order packing and Logistics will be difficult and if the customer received a mismatch then it further an issue.

You can ask fellow BHPians in your city who would be having unused stickers. Borrow them if you don't want to buy the set of 13.
Old 17th May 2015, 20:57   #5916
BHPian

Hello, is it possible to turn off thread subscription? I only wish to get a message if someone replies to my post or thread but I seem to get a message for every thread I view. it looks like this and I think I get them weekly? There is an option to unsubscribe from a thread but I'll have to do it individually which will take too long!

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg

Last edited by createrkid : 17th May 2015 at 20:59.
Old 17th May 2015, 22:22   #5917
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Hello, is it possible to turn off thread subscription? I only wish to get a message if someone replies to my post or thread but I seem to get a message for every thread I view. it looks like this and I think I get them weekly? There is an option to unsubscribe from a thread but I'll have to do it individually which will take too long!

Attachment 1371538
Go to user cp, and you will get a subscription list there. Also in the options there, you can choose by default to not subscribe to a thread.
Old 17th May 2015, 22:26   #5918
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, is it possible to turn off thread subscription?
Another option is in Gmail. You could activate the forums tab which you don't seem to have as seen in the screenshot and guide Team-BHP mails there in order to not disturb your primary inbox.
Old 17th May 2015, 23:50   #5919
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... There is an option to unsubscribe from a thread but I'll have to do it individually which will take too long!
You can save time by doing it page by page. There is a select-all box at the top of the column which puts a tick in every box on the page. Then, at the bottom, there is an actions box: unsubscribe.

But before you start, change your default subscription (Control Panel-->Edit OPtions) to no email notification or, if you do not use the subscriptions page to access your active threads, simply No Notification.

Yes, you have to delete all those subscriptions, but I think I've told you the quickest possible way to do it, and, once you've changed the control panel option, there won't be any mail from further subsciptions.

Spend an hour, or however long it takes. Problem gone!
Old 18th May 2015, 00:03   #5920
BANNED

Quote:
There is an option to unsubscribe from a thread but I'll have to do it individually which will take too long!
Go to User CP - - - View Subscriptions - - - on the top right hand side you'll have 'Select All' Check box - - - click it - - - go to the right hand side end of the page and click on the do down menu - click on "No email notification"

This is the only procedure you have to stop the weekly emails you get for all threads which is mostly on a Sunday.
Old 18th May 2015, 00:08   #5921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Go to user cp, and you will get a subscription list there. Also in the options there, you can choose by default to not subscribe to a thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Another option is in Gmail. You could activate the forums tab which you don't seem to have as seen in the screenshot and guide Team-BHP mails there in order to not disturb your primary inbox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
You can save time by doing it page by page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Go to User CP - - - View Subscriptions - - - on the top right hand side you'll have 'Select All' Check box - - - click it - - - go to the right hand side end of the page and click on the do down menu - click on "No email notification"

This is the only procedure you have to stop the weekly emails you get for all threads which is mostly on a Sunday.

Thanks a lot guys, went crazy trying to figure it out on my own. A simple solution indeed
Old 19th May 2015, 15:18   #5922
BHPian

I am a new entry, and i did go though the rules and FAQ's several times not to miss anything

But still not able to find the way a "Newbie" can edit his own post to add more content

Can somebody shed some light on ways to do it ?
Old 19th May 2015, 15:34   #5923
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarind View Post
I am a new entry, and i did go though the rules and FAQ's several times not to miss anything

But still not able to find the way a "Newbie" can edit his own post to add more content

Can somebody shed some light on ways to do it ?
The Edit button appears to the left of Quote button at the bottom right corner of a post.

That said, your post can only be edited within 30 minutes of posting it on a thread. After that, the Edit option will not appear.
Old 19th May 2015, 15:46   #5924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
your post can only be edited within 30 minutes of posting it on a thread. After that, the Edit option will not appear.
I posted the thread and waited for mod's approval.. Then after some time, shutdown my computer as i thought i can return, when the post is approved..

By the time i returned and switched on, the button's already gone !

Is there a way you can workaround such time limitations for posts created by newbies ?

Because, practically its very hard to sit in-front of the computer waiting for the approved notification email from teambhp (after mods approved it - [i completely understand the delay in approval from mods as they have their day job to perform] ) and edit it before 30 mins !

No problem for the BHPian's or others as they have instant display of their message !
Old 19th May 2015, 15:56   #5925
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarind View Post

I posted the thread and waited for mod's approval.. Then after some time, shutdown my computer as i thought i can return, when the post is approved..

By the time i returned and switched on, the button's already gone !

Is there a way you can workaround such time limitations for posts created by newbies ?

Because, practically its very hard to sit in-front of the computer waiting for the approved notification email from teambhp (after mods approved it - ) and edit it before 30 mins !

No problem for the BHPian's or others as they have instant display of their message !
You'll need to construct the post well and check the preview before posting. Why not use the Team - BHP App that let's you edit the post after MODERATOR approval since you'll get a notification that the post has been submitted in the thread. After it if you want to edit it, it can be done.

Till you get BHPian status this is what you have to do. We all have gone through this. Hardly take time sir.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks