Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2015, 23:29   #5836
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Can any one please help me find that post? I have searched for Lock Nuts on Ebay.in but could not find any.
Is it this thread that you are searching for?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52218
Old 1st February 2015, 13:03   #5837
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

From this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ml#post3635669

Since most of us are using the T-BHP app, "SOS" button could be a great feature.

1. SOS Button would send location to the nearest bhp members (some ~10 miles).
2. Member only feature to prevent misuse.
3. It can be a single click or 2 click (options for level of urgency).
4. The data to be send must include Real name (or handle), email address and location.
5. It could be sent to admins too for logging purpose.

Though it sounded more like a "Dispatch Center" but who know when one might feel the need of it.

6. Additional info could be sending pictures/video/audio recordings, but I dont know the feasibility.
Old 1st February 2015, 22:59   #5838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is it this thread that you are searching for?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52218
Sorry if Off Topic.
Mods move to appropriate section if needed.

I have gone through the above thread as well Wheel Locking Nuts thread (Link was present on first page of the Thread Link quoted.

I did not find satisfactory answers or links where we can buy the Wheel Lock Nuts.

I am worried as I dont want to lose the 16" Alloys of our To-Be-Delivered i20 Elite Asta.

BTW Anurag, I have read somewhere that Alloys of i20 Elite were stolen. And the poster had asked whether he can claim insurance for the same.
Old 3rd February 2015, 11:01   #5839
BHPian

Can the misuse of Thanks button be prevented?

I've seen in numerous threads, where, if someone gives a valid issue on a manufacturer, there will be a counter post on it with some lame reason and still receiving numerous Thanks from owners/fans of that particular Manufacturer.

I know for a normal rational person, it's easy to understand the truth, but the same cannot be expected from every reader. He is going to believe that a post with many thanks is something very credible. And if it is going to happen over a period of time, even a normal rational person might doubt his/her rationale.

This misuse of Thanks button should be curbed. I'm definitely sure there will be many ways to do it. From my side, the suggestion would be to restrict Thanks button usage on Travelogues, DIY sections and other sections where the chances of misuse will be minimal. Other suggestion will be to remove Thanks button totally. I've seen the Jokes thread to be very active when it had Thanks button. These days, the Jokes thread comes alive only occasionally. And now, seeing lame posts supporting manufacturers receiving numerous Thanks.

Honestly, I don't expect any Thanks for my posts. I'm not doing a service here but just sharing my interests for which I don't expect gratitude. If this forum has this feature, just because some other forum has similar features, or even if it is a trend, I feel, this forum doesn't need such feature when it doesn't gel with the basic principles of the forum.

Unfortunately, the current scenario of seeing a lame post with numerous Thanks leaves a sour taste as a reader.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 3rd February 2015 at 11:02.
Old 3rd February 2015, 11:26   #5840
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Probably the reason why TBHP banks more on post counts than accumulated thanks for something as important as levels of membership.
Moreover, in my opinion, the thanks button helps offering my gratitude to members and posts which help my understanding or help sort some technical issues. Sure thing that I can post a reply thanking a member in my own words but thanking one with the current system (of numbers) makes him credible too by carrying a badge.

Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 3rd February 2015 at 11:33.
Old 3rd February 2015, 15:43   #5841
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
The Thanks button can be by a member if what he wants to convey had been conveyed already by the previous poster.

Why have a duplicate post containing the same matter!

Just like the below post that I have quoted of Saket which he has conveyed what I wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Moreover, in my opinion, the thanks button helps offering my gratitude to members and posts which help my understanding or help sort some technical issues.
Instead of typing the same, I can click the 'Thanks' button. Work done!

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd February 2015 at 16:03.
Old 4th February 2015, 16:42   #5842
BHPian

One suggestion: Can we please have an exclusive series of stickers for members only? Over and above the present ones.

Infact I was thinking why not with the TBHP handle - the personalized stickers, so as to completely overrule the possibility of stickers changing hands.

This will help identifying BHPians on road more easily and will also eradicate the 'bad driver' blames on sticker-ed rides.

Cheers!
Old 11th February 2015, 21:20   #5843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
One suggestion: Can we please have an exclusive series of stickers for members only? Over and above the present ones.
Cheers!
This has been suggested loads of times- Don't you think the newer stickers can be copied too- if implemented?
Even if hologrammed- someone is likely to copy that as well.

Need of the hour is: Stop issuing stickers to outsiders. But yes- owing to certain internal factors that cannot be revealed to the public- I'm afraid, the sale of stickers will have to be continued. If a clarification is needed- Drop a PM.

Neways- another suggestion is made by BHPian damanshaheed here
Quote:
Met Rama and his grey Wagon R yesterday at Sec 18 market Noida. The guy was very passionate about TBHP. He shared with me a few long distance drives that he undertook under the guidance of HVK sir. He told me that he used to drive a little rash sometimes, but since he pasted the stickers on his car, he has become more concerned about the way he drives cause he feels he represents the community. He was also wearing the TBHP hoodie. The point that I am making here is that he is not on TBHP. He said that he tried registering twice but his request was turned down both times. IMHO people like him should be a part of the community. Can there be a system where a tbhpian can recommend like minded people?
Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3643030

Yes- I agree to his suggestion. People should be made to apply- and member recommendations should be allowed. For example- Person NP chooses the username 'RS'. Now- A new column could be introduced in the registration page- reading 'Member Recommendations- if any'- and the applicant could enter the member's username. This member could be PM'ed to verify the authenticity of the applicant. BHPian FordDodo applied in a similar manner- he entered a certain D-BHPians name in the 'How did you come across TBHP' column.

Another suggestion- A real novel one (): For determining Distinguished BHPians- How about a poll being held? Moderators could perhaps ensure a private poll- where the results are not viewable to regular members be held. Mods could arrive at a list of senior BHPians- and list the candidates. And- we all could- say, out of a list of 6 Senior's, elect the 3 ones we'd like as D-BHPians.

Thus, the majority of people who get covered can be determined as D-BHPians! What say?

P.S: I know my own suggestion is lame- the second one. XD.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 11th February 2015 at 21:24.
Old 12th February 2015, 07:13   #5844
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post

Yes- I agree to his suggestion. People should be made to apply- and member recommendations should be allowed.
IMO, it is best of the person applies and passes the test on his/her own rather than going through recommendations!

The 'Registration' page gives the "soon-to be" member (if passed) a gist of what Team-BHP as a community expects out of a member.

I don't think this should be bypassed!

Quote:
Another suggestion- A real novel one: For determining Distinguished BHPians- How about a poll being held? Moderators could perhaps ensure a private poll
There is a LOT of discussion, observation, notes, talks, again discussion, again talks before a Senior BHP ian is given the honor! The "Announcement"section does have a separate thread for How it can be earned - "Distinguished BHPians".

PS: No offence to you or any other Bhpian.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th February 2015 at 07:39.
Old 12th February 2015, 11:06   #5845
BHPian

Quote:
This has been suggested loads of times- Don't you think the newer stickers can be copied too- if implemented?
Even if hologrammed- someone is likely to copy that as well.

Need of the hour is: Stop issuing stickers to outsiders. But yes- owing to certain internal factors that cannot be revealed to the public- I'm afraid, the sale of stickers will have to be continued. If a clarification is needed- Drop a PM.
I thought so, that this suggestion would have been proposed earlier. But just because it can be copied, doesn't mean that it can't be rolled out. By that logic, most of the good things would have never seen light of the day in this world - just because of the fear of plagiarism.
Even with a hologram, IMHO, it will be not be too difficult to spot a fake one. Still, I do strongly feel that there should be a distinguishing sticker for BHPians, which is exclusively for members. I'm sure there are many reasons to not do it, but there will be probably more reason in favor of that.

Quote:
Neways- another suggestion is made by BHPian damanshaheed here

Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3643030

Yes- I agree to his suggestion. People should be made to apply- and member recommendations should be allowed.
Beg to differ, but recommendations are just not the right way to enter TBHP - Even if recos give a slight edge and not full marks. I have been granted membership just about a month ago, after countless efforts since 2013. Had I known a BHPian, I would have asked him tips to crack this holy test rather than a recommendation. Point I'm trying to make is that if someone knows a BHPian and wants to be a member, he can easily take tips from him for the screening - which is NOT unifair. Here you aren't taking a shortcut but just a help from the people who have cracked this screening earlier. But to ask for recommendation certainly sound UNFAIR, IMHO
Old 12th February 2015, 11:14   #5846
BHPian

The portal is a great place for enthusiasts. But how does it serve the industry? Maybe there could be a way to tie up with SIAM or the Transport ministry to be the official people's voice.

Also have a guest (company's heads) each month to take straight questions from users. This would make it more interactive.

Also a good idea to start reviewing workshops and showrooms - this gives the user knowledge, makes the manufacturer more conscious and also increases dealership based competition - win win for the customer.
Old 17th February 2015, 16:50   #5847
BHPian

The time-stamp of the posts here are not in IST, they are in some other time-zone. Probably the admins can look into configuring the forum to display the post timezone in IST.

Thanks and cheers

Edited to add: Eg.: in this very post, the timestamp shows 7:20 a.m. but it's 4:50 p.m. in BLR.

Last edited by tilt : 17th February 2015 at 16:51. Reason: To show timestamp
Old 17th February 2015, 17:01   #5848
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
The time-stamp of the posts here are not in IST, they are in some other time-zone. Probably the admins can look into configuring the forum to display the post timezone in IST.

Thanks and cheers

Edited to add: Eg.: in this very post, the timestamp shows 7:20 a.m. but it's 4:50 p.m. in BLR.
Looks like the time zone you have set in your profile is incorrect.

This is what it shows for me:

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-1.png

Head to User CP > Edit Options > Date & Time Options > Set the time zone.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-2.png
Old 17th February 2015, 19:30   #5849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khushrav View Post
Also a good idea to start reviewing workshops and showrooms - this gives the user knowledge, makes the manufacturer more conscious and also increases dealership based competition - win win for the customer.
I guess this part of the forum is dedicated to what you suggest.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-directory/
Old 18th February 2015, 12:11   #5850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Looks like the time zone you have set in your profile is incorrect. *SNIP*
Doh! Brain, say hi to Vacation!

Thank you Gannu. That's the first thing I should have checked if I were really as smart as I thought I am.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks