Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2015, 16:00   #5926
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarind View Post

Is there a way you can workaround such time limitations for posts created by newbies ?

Because, practically its very hard to sit in-front of the computer waiting for the approved notification email from teambhp (after mods approved it - [i completely understand the delay in approval from mods as they have their day job to perform] ) and edit it before 30 mins !

No problem for the BHPian's or others as they have instant display of their message !
From the first 25, it's doubtful that all 25 posts of yours will need to be editied within 30mins.

In which case the very few posts that you want edited after 30mins, you can always report the post and ask for it to be edited.
Old 19th May 2015, 16:03   #5927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You'll need to construct the post well and check the preview before posting. Why not use the Team - BHP App that let's you edit the post after MODERATOR approval since you'll get a notification that the post has been submitted in the thread. After it if you want to edit it, it can be done.

Till you get BHPian status this is what you have to do. We all have gone through this. Hardly take time sir.
Lesson learnt !

Will keep this in mind for future,

To rectify the past, is it possible for admin's to delete this post over here ?
In its present form - It conveys only half of the story !

If its deleted, i will create a new post and convey everything properly in one shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
In which case the very few posts that you want edited after 30mins, you can always report the post and ask for it to be edited.
Thanks, have done the same

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th May 2015 at 16:13. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.
Old 19th May 2015, 16:18   #5928
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarind View Post
Thanks, have done the same
Another option is to put a new post after your earlier post and then report the new post to be merged with the older one.

If you want to add more content and pics this option is easier. Put a new post and then report it asking for it to be merged with your earlier post.
Old 20th May 2015, 15:05   #5929
Distinguished - BHPian

I want to update my user CP as I have to change my city but there is a column regarding which Indian car. I dont want to write anything in it and that prevents me from updating my profile. Problem is that if I dont write properly, moderators might take some action. I therefore request them to remove that column when someone has to update his/ her profile. Thanks.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 20th May 2015 at 15:12.
Old 21st May 2015, 01:09   #5930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I want to update my user CP as I have to change my city but there is a column regarding which Indian car. I dont want to write anything in it and that prevents me from updating my profile. Problem is that if I dont write properly, moderators might take some action. I therefore request them to remove that column when someone has to update his/ her profile. Thanks.
There is no such box as "which indian car".
The one I think you are referring to is "The cars you own ?"

Type in "None" if you don't want to mention anything.
Since on the top it says all fields are mandatory, I think you need to fill in some value there.

I don't think Moderators will take any action if you don't have a car and mention as None

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-capture.jpg
Old 21st May 2015, 01:23   #5931
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

No. Certain members did have this process to fill in "What Car?" if they need to update their Profile/Location.
Old 21st May 2015, 06:22   #5932
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Since on the top it says all fields are mandatory, I think you need to fill in some value there.

I don't think Moderators will take any action if you don't have a car and mention as None

Attachment 1372796
This is what I am talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20150520145733.png  

Old 21st May 2015, 07:19   #5933
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Why don't you want to write anything? It's a simple enough question. You must have a favourite or two among the many models on sale in India today. In any case this is a one-time entry which has been made mandatory after you got your membership. Once you fill it in you will not be prompted to fill anything for subsequent profile changes.
Old 21st May 2015, 14:27   #5934
Distinguished - BHPian

Write "Bullock Cart"

Old 1st June 2015, 02:12   #5935
BHPian

Dear Mods, Could you make it possible for pictures to be added while editing posts in the assembly line that we have already posted ? When we are working on long multi-post ownership reviews we might sometime find pictures that we want to add later. It appears that this is not possible. thanks !
Old 1st June 2015, 07:33   #5936
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Dear Mods, Could you make it possible for pictures to be added while editing posts in the assembly line that we have already posted ?
AFAIK, it is possible to edit posts for adding pictures in Assembly Line.

If you are using the Team BHP App then it is not possible but if your using Chrome then it is very much possible.

Click Edit - - > Go Advanced - - > at the base of the tab for writing the matter you'll have a button "Manage Attachments". Click on it to Add or Remove pictures from that post.
Old 1st June 2015, 08:05   #5937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Dear Mods, Could you make it possible for pictures to be added while editing posts in the assembly line that we have already posted ? When we are working on long multi-post ownership reviews we might sometime find pictures that we want to add later. It appears that this is not possible. thanks !

Do you mean if the thread has already been moved out of Assembly Line into the public forum? You still have the option of moving it back to AL. Please report the post saying you want to add pics and Support team will move it. Once in AL, as anurag says, you can play around with the text and pics as you wish.
Old 1st June 2015, 09:53   #5938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
AFAIK, it is possible to edit posts for adding pictures in Assembly Line.

If you are using the Team BHP App then it is not possible but if your using Chrome then it is very much possible.

Click Edit - - > Go Advanced - - > at the base of the tab for writing the matter you'll have a button "Manage Attachments". Click on it to Add or Remove pictures from that post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Do you mean if the thread has already been moved out of Assembly Line into the public forum? You still have the option of moving it back to AL. Please report the post saying you want to add pics and Support team will move it. Once in AL, as anurag says, you can play around with the text and pics as you wish.
Thanks a4anurag ! I didn't notice the go advance button at all, problem completely solved.

Noopster, I meant with the thread still inside Assembly Line - when i hit the edit button I didn't see the attachment options immediately - it didn't strike me to explore further.

Problem solved, thank you
Old 6th June 2015, 10:54   #5939
Senior - BHPian

How long does it usually take for an ad to be approved on TBHP classifieds? I posted an ad day before yesterday, evening-ish, but it is yet to be published. I have posted ads before, but none took this long, hence the query.
Old 6th June 2015, 11:16   #5940
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
How long does it usually take for an ad to be approved on TBHP classifieds? I posted an ad day before yesterday, evening-ish, but it is yet to be published. I have posted ads before, but none took this long, hence the query.
The MODS who look after the Ad's section would need time to check it for authenticity and fulfilments of all requirements prior to approval that does consume time IMO.

Moreover this community being run by people like you and me who aren't full time employees of Team-BHP, time would be taken to approve as they would need to dedicate more time here from their personal lives.

So sometimes it gets approved fast sometimes it takes a bit of time. Solution to this is : Patience! Just kidding.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks