Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2015, 20:59   #5821
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Here are some stats from the bicycles thread:
1. Since it came into existence nearly 8 years ago, there have been 2217 posts. That is an average of 0.76 posts per day.
2. Over the past one year, it has seen 1.18 posts per day

Now, I don't know what factors are considered to decide whether a topic deserves a separate section or not, but thread activity must be one of them.

Having said all that, I am sure the mods will give it some thought, if they have not already. But in my personal opinion, cycling is more of a hobby, just like photography. But we don't have a separate section for Photography. I saw a post from Roy_libran where he had listed various sub sections that a cycling section could have. Why not just start a thread for each one of those?
Old 9th January 2015, 21:25   #5822
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
How about a section dedicated exclusively to bicycles? The only thread- The Bicycles Thread, just feels insufficient, and insignificant, at times.
Quote:
Adding to the previous post- If even bullock carts, and the A380's are discussed, why not a separate section, or a sub-section for bicycles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I agree, I too did feel the need to be having a separate section for bicycles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
This need of a Bicycle section has been felt by many other BHPians like me too.
In this polluted world, we BHPians should promote cycling just as we promote safe driving.
Quote:
Why not bicycles?
At least acknowledge, this, if nothing else.
Thanks for the suggestions FIN, a4 & neel!
Apologies for the late acknowledgement.

@FIN - we have airplanes, trains, ocean-liners all clubbed under Commercial Vehicles section. There isn't a separate sub-section for each because it isn't viable.

@petrolhead_neel: You're absolutely right about pollution, and if you check the forum you'll notice that a number of BHPians do use a bike to commute work, or do long distance hobby rides on the weekends with a group of friends.
I believe we also have a few bicycle travelogues.

However, currently, as amitoj has already listed, there's just a single thread running around 150 pages long relating to bicycles, so I think it's a bit difficult to make a case for a new bicycle section at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Here are some stats from the bicycles thread:
1. Since it came into existence nearly 8 years ago, there have been 2217 posts. That is an average of 0.76 posts per day.
2. Over the past one year, it has seen 1.18 posts per day
Old 9th January 2015, 21:42   #5823
Distinguished - BHPian

It will help some BHPians (like me) if the instructions on creating a thread such as - uploading photos or re-arranging photos or inserting a caption under a photo could be made more explicit. thanks.
Old 9th January 2015, 22:24   #5824
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
It will help some BHPians (like me) if the instructions on creating a thread such as - uploading photos or re-arranging photos or inserting a caption under a photo could be made more explicit. thanks.
Hey, you can check this thread - (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP)Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP

For re-arranging pictures, click on the paper-clip symbol and insert pictures where you want to by clicking on each image one-at-a-time.

Once you insert the picture, you can can enter the caption above/below the photo.
Old 9th January 2015, 23:46   #5825
Senior - BHPian

I was amazed and shocked to see this, What say people?
http://www.ebay.in/itm/LIVE-TO-DRIVE...item339bcae1a5
Old 10th January 2015, 00:09   #5826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
However, currently, as amitoj has already listed, there's just a single thread running around 150 pages long relating to bicycles, so I think it's a bit difficult to make a case for a new bicycle section at this point.
Okay, case deferred. For now, i.e.

But- the traffic is only increasing.

Perhaps- moving this thread to the motorbikes section is a better idea? As a temporary measure to gauge the amount of traffic, and to improve visibility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
I was amazed and shocked to see this, What say people?
http://www.ebay.in/itm/LIVE-TO-DRIVE...item339bcae1a5
^^^^^^ I suggest that the seller be contacted, and err....be told something.
Old 10th January 2015, 19:41   #5827
Senior - BHPian

Fintail,

Its unreasonable to expect a reply within a certain period. There may be differences, and there may be a need to discuss before they reply - you need to consider that they are unpaid volunteers.

Having said that, I agree - but I'd say a limited set of threads is what we need:
- Buying
- Ownership
- Training
- Maintenance
- (unique for all) travelogues

Thoughts from others?
Old 10th January 2015, 19:53   #5828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Fintail,

Its unreasonable to expect a reply within a certain period. There may be differences, and there may be a need to discuss before they reply - you need to consider that they are unpaid volunteers.
+1

We need to understand it's not a customer care dept. we are interacting with here, so there really is no need for an 'acknowledgement' as such. Nothing goes unnoticed. Sometimes it takes a little time, but they do respond. Like phamilyman said, it may need an internal discussion before they post here, plus they all have day jobs and other forum duties as well.
Old 11th January 2015, 00:12   #5829
BHPian

Where does one post about supercar spottings in Mumbai? There are similar threads for other cities. I tried searching but didn't find any hence asking it here. Mods, can you'll create a separate thread for supercar spottings in Mumbai?

-Bhargav
Old 11th January 2015, 03:35   #5830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Where does one post about supercar spottings in Mumbai? There are similar threads for other cities. I tried searching but didn't find any hence asking it here. Mods, can you'll create a separate thread for supercar spottings in Mumbai?

-Bhargav

Here you go,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ts-mumbai.html
Old 12th January 2015, 13:35   #5831
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
This need of a Bicycle section has been felt by many other BHPians like me too.
In this polluted world, we BHPians should promote cycling just as we promote safe driving.
I can't shake off the thought of buying a pedal bike ever since I read the Fintail's suggestion.
I'm actually considering getting a Hero Octane Diamond-MTB.

The thing is, reading so many reviews get us inspired to buy new vehicles but we can't just go out and buy a new vehicle. It's not practical—wallet vise.

But these bikes can be bought within 20K, being significantly cheaper can than their motor-ed counterparts. Not to mention they also promote a healthier lifestyle and don't pollute.

We're a huge community. May be WE can start this new trend of commuting on pedal bikes; a new way of life.
Old 19th January 2015, 15:13   #5832
Senior - BHPian

Didn't know where to post this - This thread or some Store thread.

I ordered Keychains today.
Noticed that there are two fields to enter "Coupon Code" and / or "Redeem Gift Certificate".

I don't know if those two fields are relevant, since I don't think (correct me if I am wrong) that Team-BHP offers any points or gift certificate or coupon codes that can be applied for discount in the Team-BHP Store.

May be these two fields can be removed, and later added when we have these relevant.

Not that these are doing any harm, but just a suggestion.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-001.jpg
Old 23rd January 2015, 14:58   #5833
Senior - BHPian

I badly feel the need for an 'un-thank' option. Navigating the site on a 5 inch mobile screen, I've 'thanked' a few posts quite unintentionally; some containing views that I don't necessarily subscribe to.
Old 23rd January 2015, 17:10   #5834
BHPian

On android phones using the app, is it possible to get to the top of the page while browsing a thread? On iOS you could double tap on the top of the screen of any app and it would take you right on top but I don't think there is a similar feature in android. Need to scroll up painfully. Twitter for example has a home link on top that takes you right up - maybe team bhp can have something similar?
Old 31st January 2015, 23:20   #5835
Senior - BHPian

I am unable to find a post where the 16" Wheels of i20 Elite got stolen.
IIRC in that post the Bhpian had parked the car in an open space and the Wheels were stolen and stones were placed under the chassis or something like that.
Also some Bhpian (s) had suggested to fit Lock Nuts so that the wheels cannot be removed easily.

Can any one please help me find that post?
I have searched for Lock Nuts on Ebay.in but could not find any.

EDIT:
I have gone through the Automobile Insurance Thread from around 13 Sep 14 till date but could not find the required post.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 31st January 2015 at 23:26. Reason: As above.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks