Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2014, 15:54   #5686
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I already know the answer to this one, but probably provide an option to change the handle names too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
As I said, I already know the answer, but there is no harm in asking, is there?
Already been asked and answered earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
Why is it not allowed to get your username changed by PMing the mods? I've gotten this done on many other forums. I really want to change my embarrassingly bad username to just my name but apparently it's not permitted on Team-Bhp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Your username is the one you choose at the time of registration. The reason we don't permit a change of handle is confusion : Everyone knows SS-Traveller. But if he changes his handle to Highway-King, few will be aware that he's the same guy. Then, most will wonder why Highway-King is commenting as the owner on SS-Traveller's review thread!!!

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind changing my handle to RUSH either.
Old 12th August 2014, 16:03   #5687
BHPian

Some threads don't have a " Thanks" feature. Like this one, 'The bicycles thread', etc. Is this omitted? Or is it just me who is not able to see it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12th August 2014, 16:43   #5688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Some threads don't have a " Thanks" feature. Like this one, 'The bicycles thread', etc. Is this omitted? Or is it just me who is not able to see it?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks is not available in the Shifting gears sections.
Old 12th August 2014, 16:47   #5689
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Your answer can be found in the belo link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...ml#post2716370

EDIT: Just noticed Dry Ice's post!

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 12th August 2014 at 16:48.
Old 12th August 2014, 17:30   #5690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
No harm at all. Just a quick answer that's all. No offence.

Anurag.
None taken too.
Old 12th August 2014, 21:04   #5691
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
It is on purpose. The classic example is a jokes thread, where a simple one-liner could earn the poster heaps of thanks for not very much.

There was a controversy about it at the time (in which I took part) but we learned to live with it. Recently the topic was raised again, and I think it was said that the team would re-assess which threads are included/excluded so that we are able to Thank for serious posts.
Old 13th August 2014, 12:00   #5692
BANNED

I know this is not permitted on Team BHP. But a request nonetheless.

Due to certain privacy issues I want to change my username. Am willing to start as a Newbie.

Old 13th August 2014, 12:19   #5693
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post

Due to certain privacy issues I want to change my username. Am willing to start as a Newbie.
If you really need to change and start afresh, may be the current profile that you are using needs to be deleted and you'll have to go through the registration process from start.

I don't know whether this is permitted or no but do ask the MODS what could be the way forward.

Anurag.
Old 13th August 2014, 13:14   #5694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post

See the posts on top of this page and a few on the last one. Same requests and past answers from the mods.

Maybe you could try registering again - but then it's a fresh application and there is no guarantee you will make it. Mentioning you are already a member may or may not work. Although I don't see it mentioned explicitly multiple accounts for the same person may not be encouraged.

The only person with 2 accounts I know of is GTO. He sometimes used to post from a GTOtouring account earlier.
Old 18th August 2014, 11:43   #5695
Senior - BHPian

I joined team-bhp in 2008, when the entrance was not as stringent as it is now. I want to edit my profile to reflect my current information, but it keeps on asking me to fill up the 'Which policy' and 'Which Indian car' questions.

Is there any way that I can change my policy without going through the registration process?
Old 18th August 2014, 14:18   #5696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Is there any way that I can change my policy without going through the registration process?
Just go ahead with editing the details in your profile and be assured that you won't be kicked out of the forum

And you can read the detailed answer to your query here :

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
MODS: One small issue I noticed with the "Edit Profile" option. When I try to make some change and save my profile, it gives me this error

"A required field called Which Policy? is missing or has an invalid value."

The "Which Policy?" box says that one line suggestions are not accepted, and I need to keep the comment under 120 words.

Was this arrangement intended to make members give feedback? If so, why force the user to write Essays for a simple profile information change?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Have some fun, man (just don't use profanity and the like)! Sometimes, I'm rolling ona the floor after reading the kind of answers Senior members fill into the Why Team-BHP & Which Policy fields. As Samurai posted, it's mandatory for all new applications, but our software makes it compulsory for existing members too.

Last edited by Klub Class : 18th August 2014 at 14:20.
Old 18th August 2014, 14:52   #5697
Senior - BHPian

Thanks man! I was worried whether my wrong answers now would lead to my unceremonious goodbye from this forum

Changed my profile finally.
Old 20th August 2014, 11:05   #5698
BHPian

This is a suggestion for the Official Reviews.

Please include images of the back row seat with three mid size adults seated. This will help in clearly determining the width and comfort of the back seat.

Thanks for the overall good job on the reviews though. They are the best.
Old 21st August 2014, 18:18   #5699
Senior - BHPian

All, wouldn't it be lovely to have our very own Team BHP T-shirts available on our store.
It would be great to wear on our meetings.
MODs: not sure on the supply chain and the design,cost etc. But was looking at something we can wear for our meets and also to office on a week end.

Your views, comments and designs invited. Maybe we could speak to Puma et all on the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:03   #5700
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Can someone add "Honda Trigger" to the list of motorcycles under Honda in Classifieds?

EDIT: And also add "TS" (Telangana) to the list of "Registration State"
FYI : Missing Makes / Models are automatically added soon after the ad is approved. For the states, we've included most larger states, but a few others have to settle for "Other", as if we included them all - the list would get too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
Quick question is there a development of an BB10 app round the corner? It would just make life so much easier as im guessing most of us have work BB's
Looks unlikely, unless Tapatalk (which is what our app is based on) launches one. However, there might be another usable solution for you soon, hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
When you are on a particular link page number it is highlighted in dark color, but I don't know if you all will agree, but I find that not clearly visible, you have to look carefully to know which number you are at
Very true! Will look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Will it be a good idea to delete obsolete user accounts?
This has been discussed umpteen times in this thread. In short, there's no huge advantage to doing this, and secondly, its kind of weird for a website to unnecessarily just delete user accounts due to inactivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I would request the mods to publish some detailed comparison articles for the most popular product offerings in the various segments.
We'd love to do this, though we're limited by time and logistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
This is a suggestion for the Official Reviews. Please include images of the back row seat with three mid size adults seated. This will help in clearly determining the width and comfort of the back seat.
Nice suggestion. Will point it out to all the mods - and if its an appropriate car with the right number of people around, I'm sure they'll give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
All, wouldn't it be lovely to have our very own Team BHP T-shirts available on our store.
Definitely planned... but this seems to be my Eleanor. Hope to catch it soon.

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks