Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:24   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sodexho Food Coupons

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^In my opinion, if what you have heard is true, then Sodexo have just killed the hen which laid golden eggs.
With the super markets gone out of scope, it will be very difficult for people to spend the coupons - in my case Rs. 2200 per month.
I don't see much future for Sodexo in India now.
If 2200/- is paid to me monthly, this is what i would do

1 meal @ Office Rs 40/- (Lunch/dinner)
1 snack @ Office Rs 30 - (Dosa/PavBhaji/samosa etc)
1 Fruit Juice @ Office Rs 30 (Example Sweet-lime).

P.S: These rates are at my canteen.

I spend 100/- a day at office in food itself. This works for someone like me. This wont work for the Joes that bring even water from home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I agree with this. I too use Sodex coupons at stores and have seen that it takes a lot of time to count, especially ones with multiple denominations. In my company, the amount is first loaded into a smart card, which we convert into Sodex coupons. It would have been much easier if we could use these smart cards at the store directly just like a debit card. As of now it works only in our office cafeteria and nowhere else.
The Main Aim of enforcing this is to subsidize "Meals" at Office. People use the sodexho to purchase groceries. Even in my office we have a sodexho card that works only at our office. In fact i like the card better since we would spend it in office itself. If an option is given people will buy provisions only (Me included)

Last edited by scopriobharath : 23rd December 2011 at 11:31.
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

What about sodexho gift coupons ? I have a few which require spending , and a few of the shops around me who used to accept them earlier are no longer doing it..
Old 23rd December 2011, 13:15   #63
Senior - BHPian

There are mainly two types of these vouchers/cards: Meal vouchers/cards and Gift vouchers/cards. While the gift part can be redeemed at any affiliates for any products, the meal part can/should be redeemed only against ready to eat food items or beverages, which can constitute a meal or a breakfast.

Using the meal vouchers/cards for anything other than ready to eat food items and beverages is against the law. The vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash (though you could exchange them for other vouchers, for e.g. if you pay for a Rs. 5/- item with a voucher of Rs. 10/-, you could ask for a voucher of Rs. 5/- to be returned to you)

The only reason people have been indulging in such practices is that there is no mechanism to track such misuse. However please bear in mind that any such practices are illegal.

The meal vouchers are included in one's salary to avail of an income tax benefit available for subsidized meals. In the older days there were big companies which ran their own canteen/cafeteria facilities which offered subsidized food to the employees. In today's world, since this is not practical, companies offer the meal vouchers to the employees.

For anyone who is having trouble redeeming their Sodexho or Accor/Edenred meal/gift vouchers, you should try and contact their helpline numbers (printed on the coupon backside) which can help you find an alternate affiliate store in your vicinity.
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 14:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
If 2200/- is paid to me monthly, this is what i would do

1 meal @ Office Rs 40/- (Lunch/dinner)
1 snack @ Office Rs 30 - (Dosa/PavBhaji/samosa etc)
1 Fruit Juice @ Office Rs 30 (Example Sweet-lime).

P.S: These rates are at my canteen.

I spend 100/- a day at office in food itself. This works for someone like me. This wont work for the Joes that bring even water from home.
Off-topic:
I would not spend such a lot of money on daily food (that too without dinner costs included, with or without Sodexo.)

I am glad that I carry food from home 50-60% of the days I am in office.

For my usage, there is no way I can exhaust these coupons by eating meals in office only. And the company does not offer me an option to choose lesser amount of coupons. So, groceries is the only way for now.
Old 23rd December 2011, 14:37   #65
Senior - BHPian

now in pune MORE and many other shops have banned sodexo. this is becoming a major issue now.
Old 23rd December 2011, 15:10   #66
Senior - BHPian

Thank god my company moved away from this Sodexo menace.

What is this money spinning industry is called?
Old 24th December 2011, 22:20   #67
BHPian

Been to EK supermarket, who have Ahmed market chain across bangalore. According to them they have no plan to stop accepting the Sodexo coupons! So at-least I am not worried.

Reason according to Sodexo for upping ante against big stores is that they where involved in getting huge sodexo coupons. That to in-terms of crores of rupees per day. Which basically is a way to convert black money to white. I am not sure how much salt in this statement by him. I don't know if one can buy sodexo coupons like that! But as per him these big market allowing biggies to en-cash in lakhs per day.

I agree with S_U_N, spending on lunch/bf or snacks at office is waste!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th December 2011 at 11:03. Reason: spelling
Old 25th December 2011, 09:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday when I was standing in line to pay the bill at Big Bazaar in Thrissur, I noticed that they had a small board at the counter which said Sodexho and Ticket Restaurant coupons will be accepted only until 29th Dec.
Old 25th December 2011, 13:09   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Thank god my company moved away from this Sodexo menace.

What is this money spinning industry is called?
why menace? this is very good concept.

you can call it as legal way to exempt tax

this is no different than how credit card system works.
Old 25th December 2011, 14:39   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Yesterday when I was standing in line to pay the bill at Big Bazaar in Thrissur, I noticed that they had a small board at the counter which said Sodexho and Ticket Restaurant coupons will be accepted only until 29th Dec.
Saw a similar board at Spar in Hyderabad.
Old 25th December 2011, 18:09   #71
Senior - BHPian

Star bazaar will also not accept Sodexo from 1st January. Spencers will accept though.
Old 25th December 2011, 21:19   #72
BHPian

saw similar boards in More super bazaar, hypercity mall and MK retail stores in Bangalore (that they won't be accepting sodexho starting Jan 1, 2012)
Old 25th December 2011, 21:35   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

One establishment mentioned the reason for having stopped accepting Sodexho as counterfeit coupons circulating these days.

Last edited by theMAG : 26th December 2011 at 19:18.
Old 26th December 2011, 00:53   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
One establishment mentioned the reason as having stopped accepting Sodexho as counterfeit coupons circulating these days.

I think they should stop with the coupons, and start something on the lines of the HDFC meal card
Old 26th December 2011, 10:55   #75
BHPian

Was surprised to see a Google link to Team-BHP on Sodexo. Hmmm, I need to rethink on getting my company issue these coupons for me from Jan onwards even if Spencer’s is willing to accept them. I don’t want to rely on just one retailer for all my coupons.
I noticed the same warning message in Spar Bangalore too. I guess the only exception would be Total Mall Bangalore. Has anyone seen a warning there?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks