Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2009, 22:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
On a lighter note, whether ur friend brings anything or not, H1N1 should definitely not to be brought . Just a precaution, China is having H1N1 epedamic, so be careful.
NO Sir Epidemic is in US of America and in Western Europe ( UK in perticular).
China and India are relatively free and incidentally most alert countries in the world as of today.

There is absolutely 0 awareness campaign about H1N1 in USA .
Last week in the Cathy Pacific / Dragon Air flight from HKG to BLR it was hilarious to watch a lady sitting next to me who was coming fro LA filling the answer to have you visited any H1N1 affected country as NO.

2 weeks back I travelled to Amsterdam and there was absolutely no health checks at Amsterdam and Frankfurt airports which are large hubs.
Bangalore was most alert airport followed by Hongkong.
Old 11th July 2009, 23:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hi Eddy,

Golf sticks/ cart are also relatively cheaper here
Business Suits, winterware, leatherware is cheaper too,
Old 12th July 2009, 00:41   #33
Team-BHP Support

Thanks a ton starvegabound/

Now I will send the link of this thread to my friend
Old 12th July 2009, 07:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Pl note that only RS 25000/- (max) worth of goods can be brought in by an Indian returning home from a short trip.

do not bring any live things like animals, plants, fruits, flowers, etc as they are not allowed.
Old 13th July 2009, 16:32   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
China and India are relatively free and incidentally most alert countries in the world as of today.

Last week in the Cathy Pacific / Dragon Air flight from HKG to BLR it was hilarious to watch a lady sitting next to me who was coming fro LA filling the answer to have you visited any H1N1 affected country as NO.

2 weeks back I travelled to Amsterdam and there was absolutely no health checks at Amsterdam and Frankfurt airports which are large hubs.
This is what I recd in office email

"Below advisory is specially for the attention of all travellers proceeding to Beijing, China. Please note that passengers travelling to Beijing from countries affected by AH1N1 (includes India; list attached for ready reference) may please note that they will have to observe a 7 days self-quarantine upon arrival in Beijing. Chinese authorities are very strict in this regard and violations are subject to severe punishments"
Old 13th July 2009, 17:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
This is what I recd in office email

"Below advisory is specially for the attention of all travellers proceeding to Beijing, China. Please note that passengers travelling to Beijing from countries affected by AH1N1 (includes India; list attached for ready reference) may please note that they will have to observe a 7 days self-quarantine upon arrival in Beijing. Chinese authorities are very strict in this regard and violations are subject to severe punishments"
Not to highjack the thread.
This is quite correct and I would not say China is not doing anything unusual , India is also checking strictly but strict enforcement is not in our genes / culture I guess.

India and China have huge populations and do not have resources such as west to deal with Pandemic situation. If anyone doubts what a flue can do then 1919 India suffered Spanish flue mainly brought by returning troops from WW1 and close to 1.5 carore people died , Madras province reported death in 4 houses out of 10. The population of undivided India was 28 Carores at that time.

Death tolls in Asian flu of 1958 is estimated to be between 2 to 4 millions mainly in China.
So countries with high density population which are still unaffected should take all care even at expense of convenience of few hundred travelers.

Last edited by amitk26 : 13th July 2009 at 17:51. Reason: Fixing
Old 13th July 2009, 19:04   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Dear ,
Surely order pendrives in bulk ( so we will get atleast some actually working ).

Recently a friend of mine has got 32 gb pendrive for just 500Rs ( but he he got it in India from some Vendor he dont want to disclose).

If you can get theses type of high capacity pen drives at similar low prices I will definietly buy 10 of them.
That's definitely a 4GB pen drive formatted to show 32GB unless that seller has some kind of manufacturing unit at his home or he is the owner of Sandisk. Don't fall for these. Simple check is to copy say 30GB of data and copying them back. You'll get only 4GB of data back.
Old 20th July 2009, 11:39   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post

Recently there was delegation of 50 farmers (read politicians) from karnataka which visited China for studying the farming (read touring china). They aboundened the trip after few of them were detained by China govt for H1N1 and few returned with symptoms! So do go by the fact that China is safe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks