Team-BHP - Property Tax discussion
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Property Tax discussion (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/62139-property-tax-discussion-5.html)

Paid the property tax yesterday through online without any hassle. Good initiative by BBMP. Do not have to go stand in queue and crib with the officers who are very lethargic to give any answers.

Just now, I successfully paid the BBMP property tax for 2011-12 online for my Basaveswara Nagar home using my Axis Bank Priority Debit Card. I got 5% discount as I paid for full year.

A few days back, I successfully paid online BBMP property tax for my daughters' vacant sites using my Axis Bank Platinum Credit Card. But, when I tried using the same credit card for my home also, I got 'Insufficient funds' message. Later, I came to know that even if we use our credit card, the cash limit of our credit card will be charged and not our credit limit as BBMP is a government body. So, those who wish to pay BBMP property tax online, please ensure that the total tax amount [including SWM cess] is within the available cash limit of your credit card.

Our house is more than 15 years old and somewhere i had read long back that the would be depreciation cost also which would come into picture after 15 years. Is this right? If yes, where and whom to contact to avail the depreciation cost?

Thanks,
Ramki

I paid online but the pdf of receipt was blank! Recorded transaction details

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramki067 (Post 2317068)
Our house is more than 15 years old and somewhere i had read long back that the would be depreciation cost also which would come into picture after 15 years. Is this right?

Depreciation is allowed only at the beginning of the block period of Self-Assessment Scheme [SAS], i.e., 2008-09. For 2011-12, the last year tax is payable plus solid waste management cess if there are no changes in built-up area and type of holding [own-occupied/rented/both].

Thanks Ravi. When will they allow the depreciation to be counted for the next time/year?

Thanks,
Ramki

AFAIK the depreciation is considered once the 5 year for that new building is completed. If this is wrong then please someone add the info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramki067 (Post 2317668)
When will they allow the depreciation to be counted for the next time/year?

When BBMP revises the tax rates for the next block period, depreciation would be allowed once and the same tax [after depreciation] would continue every year during that block period. BBMP has not yet announced as to when the next block period with new rates would start.

I am planning to pay my tax shortly. Hope they are issuing forms for HSR area.

Do any of our BHPians here have an idea about how much waste disposal cess is to be paid ? Thanks in advance :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooza (Post 2318958)
Do any of our BHPians here have an idea about how much waste disposal cess is to be paid ? Thanks in advance :)

It is based on the Sqft area of the house.

< 1000 : 20 Rs per month
>1000 <= 1500 : 30 Rs per month
>1500 : 50 Rs per month

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 2317117)

Ajmat even I had the same issue when i tried printing the receipt. Finally noted the details manually. Even the reprint is not workin properly. Do let me know if you figure out a way out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 2317117)

even i had the same issue. But once i upgraded my adobe reader to version 9 i was able to view the receipt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohithdr (Post 2325691)
even i had the same issue. But once i upgraded my adobe reader to version 9 i was able to view the receipt.

I did that and it worked!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooza (Post 2318958)

Quote:

Originally Posted by m8002? (Post 2319470)
It is based on the Sqft area of the house.

< 1000 : 20 Rs per month
>1000 <= 1500 : 30 Rs per month
>1500 : 50 Rs per month

The online payment option automatically does this calculation. I paid 360 bucks for my 1499sqft flat in addition to the property tax, it happens in the same online form.

I found that 5% rebate was not allowed for the SWM cess component. The entire amount without rebate [Rs 360 in my case too] gets added to the tax component in the online system. I don't know about the manual system.