Team-BHP - Property Tax discussion
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Property Tax discussion (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/62139-property-tax-discussion-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguar (Post 3431891)
It is not about fear but actual facts that I am stating. See if your name change reflects when you pay tax online next year and then reply here.

I submitted all documents for name change when paying property tax in 2011 and got a hand written receipt with my name.
2012, online receipt had the first owner's name only and on visiting the office, I was told that the database has not been updated and it will be fixed the next year. Same story in 2013 as well. That is when I approached an agent and 2014 online receipt has my name, finally.

I don't even want to get started on the Katha transfer woes. Already one of my posts got deleted above due to abusive language.

The name changed within a couple of days. I paid the tax in BangaloreOne with my name showing up in the records.

I got the property tax for the year 2013 changed to my name by luck. Long story, and the property tax for the year 2014 was paid online and I got the receipt in my name. The question I have is, I have been paying the property tax since 2009 and till 2012 the receipt was in a the original land owners name, how do I get those under my name now? I mean, how to transfer those into my details.

Any idea how much amount to be paid for Khatha Transfer in bangalore, I read somewhere that its 2% of the stamp duty on the Sale Deed. I had purchased the property in 2013 and yet to apply for khata transfer, are EC and Sale Deed sufficient or any other documents required?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishie (Post 3680960)
Any idea how much amount to be paid for Khatha Transfer in bangalore, I read somewhere that its 2% of the stamp duty on the Sale Deed. I had purchased the property in 2013 and yet to apply for khata transfer, are EC and Sale Deed sufficient or any other documents required?

You would also need an NOC from the builder if you have purchased the property directly from the builder, saying that he has sold the property to you and has no objection regarding the Khata transfer process.

I had paid around some 5200 INR AFAIK back in 2013 for a 1730 sqft three bedroom flat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxy (Post 3681168)
You would also need an NOC from the builder if you have purchased the property directly from the builder, saying that he has sold the property to you and has no objection regarding the Khata transfer process.

I had paid around some 5200 INR AFAIK back in 2013 for a 1730 sqft three bedroom flat.

The property was constructed in 2008, and I bought it in 2013 from its second owner, area is around 1000 sqft, two bedroom flat. From your amount I am calculating it would be somewhere around 4000/- for khata transfer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishie (Post 3681222)
The property was constructed in 2008, and I bought it in 2013 from its second owner, area is around 1000 sqft, two bedroom flat. From your amount I am calculating it would be somewhere around 4000/- for khata transfer.

The rate is based on the registration value and not area. If I remember correctly, it is some 2% of the registered value.

Has the previous owner got A Katha in his/her name? If not, you would need to pay the transfer fee for the first registration amount from builder to first owner and another transfer fee for the registration amount from the first owner to the second owner and additonal fee for transfer from second owner to you :)

Now since the verdict on betterment charges is out, you would need to pay that as well before katha will be issued. Everyone in my apartment got individual notice from BBMP to pay the betterment charges.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suvi (Post 1395619)
Bangalore folks can pay their property tax online using the link Palike Page.
All you need is the application/receipt number for last year's tax payment. pay before July 31st to avail 5% discount

Anyone pay the tax online recently? This page and the BBMP page seem to be down. Any hope of it coming up before the 30th so I can pay 5% less ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by triedeverything (Post 3692903)
Anyone pay the tax online recently? This page and the BBMP page seem to be down. Any hope of it coming up before the 30th so I can pay 5% less ;)

My wife was able to make the Property Tax payment online successfully earlier this week. Maybe it's just a temporary issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by triedeverything (Post 3692903)

Found another route. Use this link - http://1113.sasbbmp.com/Forms/frm_On...px?Y=2015-2016

Phew! At last, I could pay my Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home's property tax for 2015-16 with 5% rebate. The BBMP website showed error message several times. It was the edge-of-the-seat-thriller till I got the receipt in pdf. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Ravi (Post 3693084)
Phew! At last, I could pay my Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home's property tax for 2015-16 with 5% rebate. The BBMP website showed error message several times. It was the edge-of-the-seat-thriller till I got the receipt in pdf. :D

You're lucky I would say, the BBMP website seems to be down, have been trying all day it simply does not load :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 3695129)
You're lucky I would say, the BBMP website seems to be down, have been trying all day it simply does not load :Frustrati

BBMP site is down but the SAS portal where in you can make the tax payment is still accessible.
I made my payment today.

http://1113.sasbbmp.com/Forms/frm_On..._MainPage.aspx

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecherian (Post 3695131)
BBMP site is down but the SAS portal where in you can make the tax payment is still accessible.
I made my payment today.

http://1113.sasbbmp.com/Forms/frm_On..._MainPage.aspx

Thanks for that link - it worked.
However, I got a "SUCCESSFULL TRANSACTION!!" message on the BBMP site after the redirect from Bank gateway, but it showed Blanks for Bank Transaction Number, Application Number, Renewal Number, Amount and Receipt Number.
Tried the online payments complaint form and that is not working too, gives a "Failure Sending mail" error message :Frustrati

Was able to pay without any glitches. Try firefox, noticed it not opening properly in internet explorer.

I had a transaction failure message. Money is debited from the account. Unable to raise complaint in the form they have. So sent a mail to them. Still waiting for reply.

Any body else faced this? Any way I can check the status without providing an application number?