Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:52   #16
BHPian

This was the number from which I got those calls: 09810011169
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
This is indeed shocking. Please revert the feedback to Negative if possible and do disclose the name of the seller here.
Anyone who does a simple Google search on the seller will get benefited.
Also, there are many T-BHPians who regularly buy from ebay and we can stay away from this seller.
Basically I started this thread for this reason-to aware our fellow BHPians and also all the visitors who are not members but surfs our forum...
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:57   #18
BHPian

what we (T-bhp) can do is write to E-bay (using your ebay.in login) about this seller, saying that one of our friend had this situation, if this is wat E-bay is about we all are going to abondon E-bay for ever.. This will surely bann the seller from E-bay for sure or seller will aplogize to Abishek.
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:05   #19
JVH
Senior - BHPian

ebay India sucks! I had horrible experiences when shopping on the indian ebay but never had any probelms whatsoever internationally.

I'm sorry but this is how the rogue and so called powersellers have 100% positive feedback.

I think many here are aware of the practices and have all learned the hard way.

So, did you get any reply from ebay?
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, but was it a big threat that the person will physically harm you or your family or was it limited to just hacking your account or something ?

How many calls were made, more than one ? If more than one call, then you should have recorded the conversation.

This is horrible. E-commerce will suffer if these incidences continue to occur. Heights of " dont mention this word ". I think currently E-commerce ( or rather business ) is developing in India and already the misuse of these services have started. Giving address online is the last thing I would do. Not even phone number unless the site is educational or automotive.

Thanks for warning. Ebay is very tempting, but I will resist from now onwards.

Another thing, inform about this atleast to your elders. This helps physiologically and also atleast one person in family other than you must be informed about this.
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:17   #21
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

My international transactions have caused me no problems whatsoever. It is only the Indian ebay which experiences such things.
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hmm thats really sad, its sellers like these who prevent people from shopping online in India.

Quote:
.No,it cant be changed back by a buyer.
Then how were you able to change it to good from Neutral?
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:22   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_bmw View Post
....Today,a guy called me in harsh tone giving threat to revert the feed back to positive-yes I did it....
Could you please elaborate on exactly what was said, as "a threat" could be interpreted in a lot of ways...

Thanks,
R
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:24   #24
Senior - BHPian

this is horrible ! if things like this are allowed to continue in EBAY india i must say that its life will be very short lived .. and this will be ensured by the customers.

I would never have changed the rating and infact would have mailed ebay.in in this regard and followed up to ensure that they initiate action , what right does the seller have to force a buyers opinion. I personally have done over 20+ transaction through my account in Ebay but this is a first experience for me .
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:50   #25
BHPian

I guess, you should had checked the seller's feedback page before placing an order.

eBay Feedback Profile for kikan-gems

It clearly mentions the negative feedback of the customers looted by the seller.
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:54   #26
BHPian

If you have the phone number, you simply lodge a police FIR. In addition to writing emails to eBay and of course leaving a negative feedback in Caps about the whole affair. The cops would definitely take action , most of those who issue threats seldom have the guts to follow it up. In any case I dont think you should have been afraid.
Old 23rd July 2009, 17:05   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Also, there are many T-BHPians who regularly buy from ebay and we can stay away from this seller.
I am one of them. In fact I just purchased some accessories for my car before reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
I can post them in our corporate bullet in board and also in my previous organizations. That means, the message would pretty much reach the entire fraternity in no time.
Others who have such bulliten boards, please do the same.

Quote:
Sorry, but was it a big threat that the person will physically harm you or your family or was it limited to just hacking your account or something ?
Another thing, inform about this atleast to your elders. This helps physiologically and also atleast one person in family other than you must be informed about this.
Good idea. Also inform your neighbours to keep an eye on your house and family when you are away.

Quote:
There are many honest sellers on ebay. Just a few crooks like this one spoil the whole thing.
Old 23rd July 2009, 18:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Hmm thats really sad, its sellers like these who prevent people from shopping online in India.

Then how were you able to change it to good from Neutral?
If Seller sends request to re judge your rating,you can do with that link.
Placing a FIR is difficult,because,he has not left any meterialistic clues against him,he even didnt send bill/invoice.
I am trying to re revert the given positive to negetive.
Old 23rd July 2009, 18:19   #29
BHPian

He has not done a silly mistake-look at this request message.Very politely asked to change the judgement.
There is no point for not to giving my user id and password to all-but will it be helpfull?
Attached Thumbnails
Ebay seller giving threat over phone-capture.png  

Old 23rd July 2009, 18:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

I can understand the reason you changed it.
Wished that call had come to me as i have got some very choicest words for such people and bullying me is not easy(you got to see me to believe me).

Anyways, its good you have complained,lesse what the reply is otherwise am staying away from ebay as of now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks