Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 23:22   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
And the towing van has white number plates ! Thats illegal too !
All cop cars have white number plates too. Anyways, I uploaded it on the IBN website too.
Old 29th August 2009, 00:49   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
unless you have very good "contacts", I wouldn't recommend forwarding this video to anyone or any mass media entity.

Not worth the trouble, please, IMO.

PS : I haven't seen the video yet, since youTube is blocked in office.
Why not BT? Thats exactly why they do all this ish. We need to stand up for ourselves.

Usually the guys in the towing van are contract help except for one policeman.

Once in Chennai, I was waiting in the signal towards spencers, the one from college road right (I don't know the name) next to Rani Muttiah hall and there is a brand new Swift in front of me. Even the covers are not taken off the seat.

So this towing van comes through from the rear and squeezes through my left and tries to squeeze through near the swift and take a left towards commissioner's office. There wasn't even a place for an auto. So the body behind the driver cab catches the swift's rear view mirror and it just explodes. He wasn't even being careful and was trying to squeeze through very fast. the mirror litreally exploded and that too right behind the driver. He did not even stop just kept on driving. So the swift races of behind him and I do too. I'm pissed.

We catch up with him half a kilometre away and this guy talk very rudely at first. The swift driver just takes the key fo the towing van. I was like wow thats a circle lol. so we say lets go to the station adn he immedieately starts back pedalling seeing that I'm there as a witness. I say lets give a case against this guy to the swift driver.He immediately relents and says he does nto have money to pay up but he will pay 500 bucks. I told him flat no. We are going to claim insurance and we want to book a case. Which is what we did inspite of him claiming he might get suspend. Screw him. Be more careful then.My own uncle is a DIG that too in Chennai. But I never had to drop his name even when booking the case. the cops registered the case. The Swift driver almost relented to take the money in the station. I convinced him not to. I don't know if that is correct but I told him tthat. Its been a year since this happend. I haven't had any issues yet and it was me who caused the most trouble.
Old 29th August 2009, 02:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey Cyrus,

Check this thread out as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-towed-8.html
Old 29th August 2009, 10:31   #19

Cyrus,
How is one to take you seriously when you say SILVER INDICAR and it's a BLUE HYUNDAI?
Old 29th August 2009, 12:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automatic View Post
Cyrus,
How is one to take you seriously when you say SILVER INDICAR and it's a BLUE HYUNDAI?
One will take him seriously as he clearly says the towing truck was towing the Santro and that the parked Indica was broken into and moved (not towed). He also mentions that he started recording after they moved the Indica.

Cheers,

@ Mods: IMHO this thread needs to be in the Street Experiences thread not in Shifting gears, please consider.

Thanks.
Old 29th August 2009, 12:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

I have one word for you : INDIA TV.

These guys will love this video. I can imagine them going 'dekhiye is policewalla goonda ko'

It's really sick the way you described them treating cars and talking as if they own the city. Problem is even legally parked cars are not safe!

Anyway, nothing is going to happen even if the media takes this up. There have been countless video's of cops hammering children, women and couples. What happened? I saw a video of two cops lifting up a child by her hair! Nothing came of it.
Old 29th August 2009, 13:15   #22
BHPian

Absolutely appalling!! They are god damn goons and they just do what they want to!!
Old 29th August 2009, 13:47   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by automatic View Post
Cyrus,
Maybe you should read clearly before making unnecessary accusations. And just for your information, its INDICA, and not INDICAR.
Old 29th August 2009, 14:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

1) Police in India is official Gunda. They are worse than real gundas. Best is to stay away, or take control by hook or by crook. The Indian police has no moral left in them.

2) What they fear most is media. You should have told him you are recoding the conversation. But this would be a bit dangerous for you. Send this video to news channels, but make sure your name is not coming out.

3) If you are not happy with this, come over to Vadodara and see how the two wheelers which are legally parked are towed away and how roughly.

I have seen broken rear bumper of cars being towed. Or damage to rear axle or damage to rims. They take legally parked cars, but will never attack malls where cars are illegally parked on the roads.
Old 29th August 2009, 14:43   #25

That is because the Malls Pay them off per week or per month, or the mall is usually owned by a politician person.

And I did tell him that the video is being taken. He said, "Kya karneka hai karo, tum mera kuch nahi bighadega" (Do What you want. You cant do Jack to me!)
Old 29th August 2009, 14:49   #26
BHPian

Truely outrageous ....

I have heard from some of my friends that at some places in Bombay, the tow services are outsourced and the tow chaps tow the cars without bothering about the damages that may be caused just to earn more as they get paid by the number of cars that are towed away. But, this act involving even the cops is one step further.
Old 29th August 2009, 16:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thats pathetic! and what an attitude by cop!

Feel bad for the santro guy!
Old 29th August 2009, 17:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

I wish the cop is taken to task somehow. But knowing that most of them are down in the dirt upto their necks, it might be difficult. Nevertheless, good effort Cyrus. I hope something good happens out of this.

I had a similar fight with a traffic cop in Pune once where they were picking up bikes for double parking. And there were many cars illegally parked behind those bikes. When I confronted the traffic policeman he said that he was only responsible for 2-wheelers. They are a bunch of losers.
Old 29th August 2009, 17:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you send this video along with the name of the cop and the police vehicle number to the traffic department and commissioner, etc?

As I'v mentioned before, in Pune it seems they use a digital camera to take a video of where your vehicle was parked and the no parking sign, etc... if applicable. This is immediately shown as proof, for those who start arguing. Don't they do this in Bombay?? Really surprising!

This despicable vandalism in the name of the law has to stop by hook or crook!

Quote:
I had a similar fight with a traffic cop in Pune once where they were picking up bikes for double parking. And there were many cars illegally parked behind those bikes. When I confronted the traffic policeman he said that he was only responsible for 2-wheelers. They are a bunch of losers.
I have to say that this is not a valid argument, in that context. If those bike(s) were parked illegally, the cop would have the legal right to pick them up (whether we agree/disagree with that law or its implementation is another matter). Its not so relevant that the cars were not picked up. Anyway, the van that picks up 2 wheelers are different. For cars, there are cranes.

Last edited by Raccoon : 29th August 2009 at 17:20.
Old 29th August 2009, 17:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I have to say that this is not a valid argument, in that context. If those bike(s) were parked illegally, the cop would have the legal right to pick them up (whether we agree/disagree with that law or its implementation is another matter). Its not so relevant that the cars were not picked up. Anyway, the van that picks up 2 wheelers are different. For cars, there are cranes.
I was not fighting because they were picking up 2-wheelers. I have very rarely seen 4-wheelers being towed in Pune. I have always seen the same guys that pick up the 2-wheelers lock the 4-wheelers and then scribble their mobile numbers on the road or on the window of the car. I was upset becuase the cars were occupying half the road and he was simply not bothered about them. And I do not believe they have separate policemen assigned to catch only 2-wheelers, 4-wheelers etc. And like Cyrus, I was only a spectator.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks