Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2009, 22:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITE RUNNER View Post
Kindly show little more dignity while making comments.

If our rulers/leaders are bad, each one of us is responsible. We all want to enjoy unlimited freedom - freedom without responsibility.

How many of us make it a point to cast our vote during elections?

All these politicians and other officials are nothing but a cross section of our society.
Very well said!
Old 3rd September 2009, 23:35   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If our rulers/leaders are bad, each one of us is responsible. We all want to enjoy unlimited freedom - freedom without responsibility.

All these politicians and other officials are nothing but a cross section of our society.
Is that your standard response? Try not stereotyping people next time. And for the record...

link to image

As for the dignity, don't think I'll be needing that when talking about political scum.
Old 3rd September 2009, 23:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
So these babus don't do anything useful when alive. Atleast they give us holidays when their rotten souls pass away. I think the rest of the politicians should be sent on such trips with similar helicopters regularly.
Yes. And what exactly are you doing to change the situation?

complaining is easy, my friend.
Old 3rd September 2009, 23:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Yes. And what exactly are you doing to change the situation?

complaining is easy, my friend.
Is that an echo? Weak. You expect each and every Indian to start a political party? I did go out and vote, or is that not enough to "change the situation?"
Old 3rd September 2009, 23:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dont you think that if one does not go for voting, it is because of situation created by politicians ? For the record, I have a right to live with family only if I vote. Voted each and every time when it was voting day.

But what is outcome ? Yes, a majority of Indian have low moral thinking and hence our country's bad state. What do you say about the minority who are disciplined and pay tax ?
Whose responsibility it is to see that honest, disciplined citizens are not at trouble or get what is their right ?

A very complex situation but again dont you think that if ministers, i.e. those who are in power, are more honest then things can improve by a huge margin ?
Old 4th September 2009, 00:13   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
A very complex situation but again dont you think that if ministers, i.e. those who are in power, are more honest then things can improve by a huge margin ?

Remember not all politicians are bad or corrupt, agreed a few are making India suffer. Each and every one of us need to be honest in our own domains.

And remember not to be scared of dreaming - only one thing makes a dream impossible to achieve; the fear of failure.
Old 4th September 2009, 00:13   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
I wonder why it took so long though.
It could also be that intelligence officials knew the news long ago. But they disclosed it when they wanted, to dilute the effect of shock.
Old 4th September 2009, 00:38   #53
BHPian

Well dear friends and all fellow beings.
The discussion here which started with a reasoning about if we are prepared for any disaster. As far as I personally have seen my Country India i can say WE ARE REACTIVE AND NOT PROACTIVE. we always react rather than making way for what possibly can happen. This has become a habit may that be in case of TERRORISM, BORDER DISPUTES, ADULTERATED FOOD, CORRUPTION, HIGH HANDEDNESS OF POLICE PERSONNEL, WATER, POWER, INFLATION, INFRASTRUCTURE etc. etc. I am still a Proud Indian and will always be. I don't believe in democracy as it is being run here in India as i have a feeling that this is the most efficiently misused democracy.
A country where CM is let go in a chopper that is not fit to fly without any security measures, no satellite phone and all. On top of it CRPF was called in as the area was Naxal affected. Wow i mean when it comes to CM the army is called in and what about the AAM AADMI who is living in that area?
We are said to be in grief and sorrow over a reason that some minister died somewhere, so what about the times when our own beloved ones are lost to some terrorist attack and all, don't you feel our pains at that? Now there will be precautionary measures and blah blah blah for security concerns but I am assured that this all will be in the papers and nothing will be practically implemented.
Now the reason why I am Proud Indian, as a matter of fact we topped in corruption but also we are so corrupt to disclose it to the world or even accept it, Our country INDIA is capable of doing the impossible because we have the courage and on that the politicians have made us tough enough to care for ourselves in a way caring for our Motherland.
Quote:
dear friend as per you we are equally responsible for the selection of such NETAs and all. but please tell me how many of good sincere honest Politicians you heard of. (No offenses meant). Its not the Politician or his honesty that brings people to the place where they deliver speech but the offers they make for example: money and all.
It is the illiteracy level that made people vote for such politicians and this illiteracy is brought upon us by the same politicians. When we see some Minister visiting and living with some underprivileged family for a night in a village where people have never seen a lit up light bulb that too in a constituency where his ancestors were voted to power then what comes to mind is: WHY THEY PEOPLE VOTE SUCH POLITICIANS WHO HAVE NEVER DONE ANY GOOD, reason is that POLITICIANS THINK US AS TAKEN FOR GRANTED. There is no scope of development left everywhere you see there is corruption if you don't abide by them they make you feel the heat.
In my very own experience the electricity wire that delivers power to my house and 5 others in the area is so a lot damaged that a wire powering a/c looks a lot better. what happened was there remained a power cut for a whole night when summer was at its peak and so the complaints were lodged but all in vain and next day when JE visited, as we called him up to change the wire, he said all is well with the wire and it cannot be changed unless it is burned or totally damaged beyond repair. on this we had a slight argument with him and his reaction was okay we will change the wire you come and meet me in my office or you if you want we can change it but you will have to pay the cost and on the other hand the person there with him told us 'thoda humara bhi to samajho na itna kaam bina kisi len den ke kaise ho sakta hai' on this when i objected and said this is your duty, he just went into fumes and started asking me my electricity bill and said 'lets see aapka kitna fine banega'.
The only part i know is as far as SIFARISH and KHARCHA PAANI are alive there is no future.
For the ministers i must say: WHAT YOU SOW SO SHALL YOU REAP.

MY CONDOLENCES FOR THOSE TWO PILOTS WHO SERVED THE NATION.

Last edited by reveal_da_zeal : 4th September 2009 at 00:46. Reason: a bit of addition
Old 4th September 2009, 00:43   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Is that your standard response? Try not stereotyping people next time. And for the record...

link to image

As for the dignity, don't think I'll be needing that when talking about political scum.

I never tried to stereotype. Sorry for hurting your emotions, most unintentional. Good to see that you make it a point to exercise your franchise.

Now a days, bashing politics and refraining from voting has become a status symbol among the so called 'elite' & 'educated'.

Regarding dignity, it is something to be permanent. Freedom of expression doesn't imply assaultive speech.
Old 4th September 2009, 00:46   #55
BHPian

Dr.YSR soul Rest in Peace
Old 4th September 2009, 01:27   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reveal_da_zeal View Post

but please tell me how many of good sincere honest Politicians you heard of. (No offenses meant).
The only part i know is as far as SIFARISH and KHARCHA PAANI are alive there is no future.
For the ministers i must say: WHAT YOU SOW SO SHALL YOU REAP.
And then you have a quote from a politician in your signature? what's your point?

we worship our politicians so they can go to extremes of corruption and still win the next election. remember india is a government of people, 70% of whom live in villages who don't logon to TBHP everyday.

Until all of us are educated and understand things, nothing will change. But sending all politicians to helicopter rides as pranavt was suggesting is not going to help either, unless I am missing something.
Quote:
No,with gps device installed in a vehicle it allows other people to track exact location of that particular vehicle. Many private hospitals here in kerala uses gps tracking device in their Ambulance. For example you can install this tracking device in your car and if someone steels it you can still find the car in real time in a map.Its not that costly, mapmyindia sells this in india
Store Locator, Track Online, Map Store, Mobile Services, Vehicle Tracking, GPS Vehicle Tracking

Gps tracking
GPS tracking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
since we can not have communication science compulsory for everyone, We need to at least have a course on common sense in primary education for everyone.

please sit, relax, meditate, and think how the person sitting at control tower will know about the location of the chopper without a COMMUNICATION LINK with the GPS device in the CHOPPER.

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 4th September 2009 at 01:33.
Old 4th September 2009, 09:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

Request to keep to the key point of discussion

Friends

please stick to the the question

Are we as a nation capable of acting/reacting rapidly in case of a disaster
if yes : how
if no: what we need to do ?

pl do not engage in bashing/praising politicians or leaders or discuss politics or corruption etc.
Old 4th September 2009, 10:53   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Are we as a nation capable of acting/reacting rapidly in case of a disaster
What disaster? Natural or man made?

No country is 100% ready for any disaster. But one tries and preempts disasters before they happen - atleast man made one's.

More fair question would be is each individual ready to face a disaster? And act in the best possible way to minimize damage to him and his surroundings.

A chopper crashing in the woods with a CM on board is very mild a wake up call. We have seen even major disasters happen and no actions taken.

Each one is on his own. Heck if you meet with an accident you don't know when help will reach you. No one in the crowd will be trained to give first aid but will raise their hands to loot and injure the one's affected.

About politicians... well the more get eliminated the better it is.

Hopefully this incident gets the fear of the supernatural powers into their hearts that if they do any wrong they will be eliminated. LOL..
Old 4th September 2009, 11:02   #59
Senior - BHPian

Please don't paint all politicians as bad!

Agree some are corrupt & inefficient, but there are some like YSR (as I have heard) who worked hard for the upliftment of poor & downtrodden segment of our society esp in the rural areas!
Old 4th September 2009, 13:41   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
since we can not have communication science compulsory for everyone, We need to at least have a course on common sense in primary education for everyone.
dude i was just replying to his post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
please sit, relax, meditate, and think how the person sitting at control tower will know about the location of the chopper without a COMMUNICATION LINK with the GPS device in the CHOPPER.
please relax and try to understand that once gps tracking device is locked with satellite its COMMUNICATION LINK never fails no matter how bad the weather is. The link only fails only when unit is completely destroyed or its in bottom of river.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks