Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2015, 10:48   #121
BHPian

Re: Credit Card Points, what do you redeem them for

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Guys I have a fair amount of points on my Citi Rewards card (17000 if I'm not mistaken). I checked the Citi website, and the redemption options seem pretty bad. Even the brands to get vouchers for are nothing great. Any suggestions on another way to redeem them?

The Citi Prestige card on the other hand, has amazing options.
I generally redeem them on bookmyshow for buying movie tickets. If you like watching movies, you can definitely try that! I think you can also redeem your points at Shoppers Stop outlets (not sure about it though).
Old 16th June 2015, 10:54   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I have a fair amount of points on my Citi Rewards card (17000 if I'm not mistaken). I checked the Citi website, and the redemption options seem pretty bad. Even the brands to get vouchers for are nothing great. Any suggestions on another way to redeem them?

I think it's the pink-purple card, primarily a shopping card. I have the same and if it's that then you can redeem it for cash back. it will be credited to your citi credit card account itself. You get 0.35 paisa for every point. And you need a minimum of 5000 points to apply for cash back redemption. So going by 17000 points, you should get 5950 cash back.
Old 16th June 2015, 10:59   #123
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Late last year we used the points on the card for purchases at Shoppers Stop. You don't need any vouchers, etc. Just shop and at the time of payment ask them to redeem with points on the card. We used it to buy some nice cookware, a set of products endorsed by Sanjeev Kapoor, made the wifey happy
Old 16th June 2015, 11:20   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

We always redeem these points for gift vouchers. Mostly, addidas/nike or sometimes shoppers stop gift voucher.
Old 16th June 2015, 16:50   #125
BHPian

Always redeem my Citibank fuel card's rewards for... more fuel.
Old 16th June 2015, 18:49   #126
J.Ravi

Today, I received a Samsonite Albi Laptop Backpack having an MRP of ₹ 3,900 after redeeming 25,310 points accrued out of my Axis Bank Platinum Credit Card and Priority Debit Card on 13 June 2015.

Credit Card Points, what do you redeem them for-laptopbackpack.jpg

I have still 20,545 eDGE Loyalty Reward Points in my account waiting for redemption. Of course, these redemptions are apart from 25% cash-back that I receive for all my movie tickets and surcharge-free fuel purchases!

Old 17th June 2015, 10:31   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I generally redeem them on bookmyshow for buying movie tickets. If you like watching movies, you can definitely try that! I think you can also redeem your points at Shoppers Stop outlets (not sure about it though).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
I think it's the pink-purple card, primarily a shopping card. I have the same and if it's that then you can redeem it for cash back. it will be credited to your citi credit card account itself. You get 0.35 paisa for every point. And you need a minimum of 5000 points to apply for cash back redemption. So going by 17000 points, you should get 5950 cash back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Late last year we used the points on the card for purchases at Shoppers Stop. You don't need any vouchers, etc. Just shop and at the time of payment ask them to redeem with points on the card. We used it to buy some nice cookware, a set of products endorsed by Sanjeev Kapoor, made the wifey happy
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll use bookmyshow, or just let them gather for a while longer. Its sad how citibank devalued my points last year. I had a platinum card in which one point = one rupee. They discontinued that car when chip and pin cards came out, and gave me this rewards card in which the points are one third. I was pretty ticked off at the same, and stopped using that card most of the time.
Old 17th June 2015, 11:38   #128

Quote:

I also use Citi rewards card. Following are the options:
1. Use their online redemption catalogue - Limited options and not value for money
2. Use it for online shopping from Infibeam.com - 1pt=0.3 Rs or 0.4 Rs
3. Swipe directly at select supermarkets, big textile stores (List in website I think) - Only select outlets
Old 17th June 2015, 12:05   #129
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll use bookmyshow, or just let them gather for a while longer. Its sad how citibank devalued my points last year. I had a platinum card in which one point = one rupee. They discontinued that car when chip and pin cards came out, and gave me this rewards card in which the points are one third. I was pretty ticked off at the same, and stopped using that card most of the time.
Do keep track of the emails/SMS that Citibank sends regarding the card. Late last year they sent a message changing the value (devalued) of the points effective January which is why we ended up using them in December itself for the purchases at Shoppers Stop. For all you know, the value of the points you've already accumulated may suddenly drop if you hang on to them for too long
Old 17th June 2015, 12:09   #130
BHPian

Check out what American Express is offering for points redemption. These are actual cars and not scale models. I wonder who would have accumulated 1.85 Crore points and who would redeem points for a car.
Credit Card Points, what do you redeem them for-amexaudi.png
Old 21st June 2015, 11:41   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
Check out what American Express is offering for points redemption. These are actual cars and not scale models. I wonder who would have accumulated 1.85 Crore points and who would redeem points for a car.
Attachment 1382856
Well I had an acquaintance, who would be travelling at least 20 days a month. As he was higher management and travelling to new location every 3-4 days, his tickets were Business Class and stays in 5 star hotels. Now imagine the number of points at 3 International Business Class trips and 15 days stay in 5 star. Of course he had American Express Charge card.

I had a short stint of travel within India - 5 days per month and in a couple of years I had accumulated more than 2 lac points, so 10 million points for "High Flyers" is quite possible

Last edited by theMAG : 15th September 2017 at 17:51. Reason: Typo corrected.
Old 15th September 2017, 15:10   #132
BHPian

Bumping this thread under the hope this is the right place for my query.

I have a Payback card lying dormant for sometime. Recently visited their site and saw that we can also get points for purchases on Amazon and Flipkart. But did not find any useful link on how to link your Payback number to your account in these sites.

Has anyone done this?
Old 15th September 2017, 16:38   #133
BHPian

I've extensively used my Jet Airways co-branded HDFC Credit card to redeem flights over the past 3 years- this has been hugely beneficial as my spouse hails from Bhopal, and we get 4 one-way tickets from Trivandrum to Bhopal (which costs over 40,000 INR for 4 people). My return tickets are counted toward the LTC component, and I claim it from my company. Furthermore, I recently added a HDFC JetAirways Debit card too with the same concept and all purchases get converted into 'JPMiles'. I also extensively leverage TripAdvisor which gives me 600 miles on an average every month.

Suggest all Team-BHPians to try this route- it's been pure bliss thus far !
Old 15th September 2017, 17:28   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Recently visited their site and saw that we can also get points for purchases on Amazon and Flipkart. But did not find any useful link on how to link your Payback number to your account in these sites.

Has anyone done this?
Have used it only on eBay and never seen a place in Amazon during checkout.
Old 16th September 2017, 12:06   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Bumping this thread under the hope this is the right place for my query.

I have a Payback card lying dormant for sometime. Recently visited their site and saw that we can also get points for purchases on Amazon and Flipkart. But did not find any useful link on how to link your Payback number to your account in these sites.

Has anyone done this?
I think that Payback points accrue when you spend using certain cards. ICICI is one of them. Just check your credit/debit cards and see if using them accrues Payback points.

Here is what the site says
https://www.payback.in/home/partner-brands.html

Last edited by Aroy : 16th September 2017 at 12:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks