Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2005, 23:12   #16
BHPian

there is surely water inside your car as well - waterproof is a misnomer - the water doesn't enter through the doors - but from the bonnet and engine bay - call up honda service or a qualified mech and ask him what to do...same prob with me - left my palio d on the 26th with water upto the seats - not gone to pick it up yet - will do so tomorrow.
Old 29th July 2005, 01:34   #17
BHPian

Well,I was prepared for the worst..water had entered the interiors..infact,lot of interior damage..not physical,but muddy dirty water..
I haven't tried to start the car at all..since Honda as well as team bhpians had warned me against that.
I got the car towed to Ichibaan Headquarters- Kalina..there are around 25 NHCs,6 Accords in line for rain water damage..I think the car might take around 2-3 weeks for repairs..I have already informed the insurance provider - TATA AIG about the situation,and am gonna go in for insurance claim if the bill comes above Rs5000 in total..I really think it will be more than Rs5000...
Hey guys - wanted to ask - do I need full re-servicing job too?..I had got the last service 7-9 days back(that was my first free 1000km service.
On inspecting the car at the hospital,I saw that the battery charge indicator(on the battery itself),showed a Re-charging required battery status..
You know what guys--while I was gettin the car towed(through Fast Track Emergency on-road service)..the small metal bolt which connects the car to the chain of the towing van broke mid-way !!!..the grooves of that metal part were half inside the car body !!!..and the metal ring was out !!..I hope you guys understanding what I mean to say..then they had to directly connect the chain to some other part near the left underbody side of the car and got it to Ichibaan..
Suraj
Old 29th July 2005, 02:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya

see if your air intake has got water in it,before you start as water inside the air intake can casue irrepairable damage to the engine

i think you should go for a n underbody anti rust treatment ,as your car was in water for such a long time.

and .....do keep us posted on the developments
Oh yeah..I had got the under body anti rust done just 2 days after buying the vehicle..so,hopefully that won't be a problem..but should I take it to the anti ruster guy after I get my car from Honda service just for a check up of the underside?..the coating is with a 5 years warranty..
Should I tell ichibaan people that I haven't tried to start the car,and so,they take care to check the air intake before trying to do anything.
Suraj
Old 29th July 2005, 08:54   #19
Team-BHP Support

Just leave Honda to assess and give the insurance company all the details. Mention to the insurance company about the damage when towing. Let the professionals handle it. As the car is deemed new, it is less of a hassle
Old 29th July 2005, 16:29   #20
BHPian

Hi guys.
Have taken the car and dropped at Ichibaan Honda,Kalina service center.
You know,out of all three service centers of Ichibaan Honda in Mumbai,only the Kalina service center can handle insurance claim repair jobs..the Worli and Chembur service centers are smaller,and don't do major repairs..I've not taken the New India Assurance Insurance provider..have gone in for TATA-AIG..so,hopefully,insurance process should be a bit smoother..
There are around 120 vehicles in their main service center complex,more than 50 vehicles lined up outside their service center,and many many more water logged vehicles are coming in every minute at the space they've booked on the Bandra Kurla complex,near the BP petrol pump..
The service center isn't operational at all..no electricity restoration there,because the entire electric meter room is water logged till now.They said they'll first get all cars inside the service center done,and then will do the cars which have been parked outside their service center(my car is there),and then will get one by one vehicle towed from Bandra Kurla complex area to their service center.
I have been told it will take around 7-10 days from now just to start the repair process,and then another 10 days or so for the repair process..so,am just gonna see the car back in my building only after a month.
The area seems to have been really really badly affected..I guess Ichibaan Honda will have to summon all their workforce and work round the clock for the next month or so to get things in place.
Anyway,they have the car,so,I'm sure they'll handle the rest,and I didn't try to crank up the car at all,so,hopefully the ECU isn't affected..I saw ss post about checking air filter for water,but have no clue as to where that might be !!..anyways,honda should handle that part.
I guess my front speakers,Alpine HU,maybe rear speakers will need replacement..and my entire carpet area,as well as seats,door trims,full body fibre interiors will need thorough washing/dry cleaning,along with a full engine check up.

Suraj
Old 30th July 2005, 09:21   #21
vRS
BHPian

My 6 month old Octavia RS too was under water...which had also entered the inside upto the dashboard. Since the water was muddy even after it has dried, there is fine mud over the engine parts. Could this be cause for further problem ?

With all those electronics.....every sensor ,motor and electric part much have got badly damaged since the water receeded only after 10 to 12 hours.

Do you guys feel that they would be able to repair it ? Would it be possible to claim this as a write off ?..... the car has not yet been towed to the ASS but my guess is that the repair costs would be easily over Rs. 1.5 to 2 lakhs even if there is no major engine damage....

Last edited by vRS : 30th July 2005 at 09:24.
Old 30th July 2005, 10:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

BHP'ians here has suggested not to switch on the engine. Just tow the vehicle to the service station & keep the insurance guys informed.
Old 30th July 2005, 18:34   #23
BHPian

hey guys..one thing I wanted to mention - while the car was being towed to Ichibaan Honda,aroud 2 kms away from the worshop,the metal hook which is screwed to the front body from the space provided for towing the vehicle suddenly broke,and the threaded part of the hook remained in the body of the honda,while the round hook was out..so,then the towing people had to directly attach their towing van chain to some under body part,and towed the vehicle very slowly to Ichibaan..
Any idea on how ichibaan will remove that broken hook part stuck up inside the body ??..
I just hope the ECU of my vehicle isn't damaged..I haven't tried to start the car since the floods..and my battery is completely drained..

sr
Old 3rd August 2005, 22:28   #24
BHPian

update

Hey guys..well,my car is lined up at Ichibaan Kalina,where the power has been restored today (3rd August) at 8pm..so,they are gonna run full fledge now..
Ok,estimate given(for Level C Damage NHC) - Rs2,10,000..and for Level C flood damage to Old Honda City - Rs2,00,000..PLEASE NOTE-NO EXTERNAL DAMAGE..only water logging till Steering wheel inside is Level C damage..for which this estimate is given.
Reason for such a high estimate - Honda SIEL India have ordered all their Maharashtra Authorized Honda service centers to replace all electronic circuits,like ECMS,irrespective of whether they are working or not..so,all Level C cars will be getting new ECMs,and many other parts replaced..they won't even be checking whether those parts are working,becuase Honda SIEL have made this decision for future long term good running of their vehicles.
I thought this was a money making gimmick by Ichibaan Honda,so,I called Honda SIEL and spoke to the Senior CRM,who knows me well,and he told me it's true that Honda have ordered for replacement for many parts considering long term customer satisfaction with their Honda wheels !..
Hope my insurance provider pays me a good sum,considering it is a brand new vehicle..there are now more than 400 cars lined up with Ichibaan Kalina for repairs..they said they'll take 2 months to clear all the flood damaged cars.
Suraj
Old 3rd August 2005, 22:40   #25
Team-BHP Support

solder + corrosive sea air + moisture is a recipe for disaster. Other aspect is diagnoising 400 cars - probably easy to order 400 complete sets and replace rather than lose time in diagonising individual cars.

Two birds killed in one stone

Short term cust satisfaction- fast cust turnaround
long term cust satisfaction - reliable car
Old 21st August 2005, 18:58   #26
BHPian

guys- the car is still at Ichibaan Honda,Kalina headquarters..they told me another 10 days to get the car back.Work has started on the vehicle.I think there is the delay because of spare parts availability..
There are still another 350+ cars which are flood related damage lined up at Bandra Kurla Complex..so,seems Ichibaan Kalina will be busy atleast for the next 3 months clearing the lot..
Wanted to ask - The service advisor was asking me whether I want to get the seats replaced(insurance coverage would be 50%),or seats washed/cleaned?..guys- what do you suggest?
I had PU seat covers over the original seats at the time of floods.Ichibaan are replacing the beige carpets.
here are a few pics. :
Cars lined up at Bandra Kurla Complex(Ichibaan Honda,Kalina area)

My Car after the deluge..

Engine bay

Back seats(front seats were cleaned before taking the 2nd posted pic..rear seats are comparatively dirtier,because they hadn't been cleaned !)

The water level(around the level of the rear brake light)

cheers,
sr
Old 5th September 2005, 22:49   #27
BHPian

spare parts update

Well,more than a month since the car is at Ichibaan..the spare parts were gonna come today..but Honda SIEL informed Ichibaan that shipment is delayed to reach Mumbai on 20th Sep. now !
My car is almost ready for delivery,and they just require 3 spare parts,as told to me by my Service Advisor(SA) -
1.EPS Unit
2.Meter Assembly
3.Power Windows Master Switch

Today morning,I had received a call from my SA,who requested me as a customer to call Honda SIEL Customer Relations Dept.,and complain about the delay in sending the parts over.He also provided the Phone Nos. of Honda SIEL.
I called them,but didn't get a satisfactory reply,they just said they're trying their best..nothing more.
Now,guys,I wanna know,can I get these spare parts from some dealer in another city like Nashik/Pune ??..and will my insurance co. provide coverage for those parts in the same flood related car damage claim??..?
I have emailed Honda SIEL CRM Manager,but let's see whether he has the courtesy to give a positive reply and tell me why there is such a delay..since past 2 weeks,my car is just lying there,since everything is done,except these three parts..
I don't know whether such is the situation even with other cos. ,like Hyundai,Ford,Chevrolet,Opel,Maruti..
Also,if anyone could give me some head person reference/contact details either at Ichibaan or at Honda SIEL,it would be great..
Cheers,
sr
Old 26th October 2005, 23:14   #28
BHPian

Guys.. Exactly 3 months up - 26th October..so,90 days since it all happened,and I'm still counting !!!..
Anyways,on the other side - I wouldn't recommend people going in for Honda..their after sales service is pathetic..pathetic..
I can write a book on my bad experiences with them during flood repairs..!..
And yeah - Honda are the ONLY company CANCELLING the Car Warranty after floods !!!!!
So,guys,think twice before buying Honda ZX,or any Honda !..taking the car from the showroom feels like you're on clould nine,but the experiences after sales are like you're in hell !
Wait for the Ford Fiesta,I'm sure it'll kill the ZX.
By the way - I have prepared a written letter with printed pictures which I am going to send to Honda Customer Care Japan about my entire experience with Honda After Sales Flood Repairs service..hope to get a good reply/explanation from them.
I feel I have donated the car back to Honda !!
cheers,
sr
Old 28th October 2005, 00:36   #29
BHPian

Wow, when I recall that incident I recall that day when my car was submerged in the water and luckliy I had few friends with me who were there in the car to push the car aside and get it started man was it a real terrible day........but now we are selling off the car the payment has been made and the car keys will be given away on Saturady i.e. 29th Oct
Old 28th October 2005, 08:09   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
Well,more than a month since the car is at Ichibaan..the spare parts were gonna come today..sr
Seek to understand before being understood

1: Honda and most jap companies work on a very tight production system which does not permit much inventory.

2: In the case of Honda, a lot of parts come from Thailand. Hyundai can source locally hence better response.

3:A lot of parts got damaged in customs in Mumbai

4: Why should Honda be liable for a flood damaged car. I am sure they will stand by any repairs made themselves or any failure which is clearly not flood damaged on a good will basis

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks