Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Instead of originals, is it legal to carry attested photocopies? Keeping originals in the vehicle is a really BAD idea and getting a master pass takes time and effort.
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Believe Jassi got his MASTER PASS now :-}
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
No he is still a Bachelor i guess
guys I'm still a bachelor with no master pass
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:50   #33
Team-BHP Support

This thread is a must read.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...icles-act.html
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:20   #34
BHPian

I just got one for my wife's car for "Parking near traffic light or pedestrian crossing"
Thing is she was out of town on the day and I am not even sure if I took that car out at all.
The violation is on a road I travel by everyday - Koramangla Inner Ring road and 80 ft road junction.
I stop at the signal to take the right toward Koramangla and have never parked anywhere around there. I don't understand what can they have got me fined for.
Any ideas on what I can do. I can pay the fine in an instant but
I don't want the points on my license
and I am not paying unless it was actually my fault.
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:28   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1tBull View Post
points on license they do that - damn I am not sure how many times the office valet broke some signal while getting the car from neighboring building and asked me for a copy of my license so he can pay the fine!

I think you can just challenge them and ask for proof if you are sure you were not there. Just goto the traffic fine counter and ask them. Let us know how it goes!
Old 3rd November 2009, 14:36   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1tBull View Post
I just got one for my wife's car for "Parking near traffic light or pedestrian crossing"
Thing is she was out of town on the day and I am not even sure if I took that car out at all.
The violation is on a road I travel by everyday - Koramangla Inner Ring road and 80 ft road junction.
I stop at the signal to take the right toward Koramangla and have never parked anywhere around there. I don't understand what can they have got me fined for.
Hi Buddy,

Frankly, one should go to the PS or Traffic Control and get it clarified and then cancelled. Make sure they update in their Database.

I need to take time out for that but I think this should be reported in newspapers. It wastes lots of time to go and get a clarification. I know we should do it to stop it but sometimes it just doesn't work out to spend time on it separately.

I complained about the ticket discrepancy 1 month back on their website , no response till date.

Regards,
Indy

Last edited by inder_s1 : 3rd November 2009 at 14:42.
Old 14th November 2010, 20:57   #37
BHPian

I sold my Kinetic Blaze in May 2007, took a delivery note, all formalities completed, etc., I also sent a registered post letter to the KA-04 RTO informing them of the sale enclosing a copy of the delivery note.

I was surprised to receive two notices from the traffic police, and that too in December 2009 !!

Apparently, the traffic offences were committed at the same time and on the same day, on Mysore Road. One notice was for riding without helmet and the other for triple riding.

I took both the notices and went to the traffic police office opposite the Race Course in Jan 2010 and explained to them that I had sold the vehicle in May 2007 and I have complied with all documentary formalities, and I also told them that I am NOT paying the fine of Rs. 100/- for each offence. They promised to do something about it, but I have'nt heard from them since then. Their explanation is as follows -

The problem lies with the Form 29 which sellers sign when selling their vehicle. We sign two Form 29s, one remains with the transferee's RTO office when he transfers the vehicle to his name, and the other is to be sent to the transferor's RTO office by the transferee RTO office with details of the new ownership. Unless this is done, the vehicle continues to be in your name till the ownership records are updated in the transferor's RTO.

For instance, if your vehicle is a KA-04 registered and the guy you sold it to gets it transferred to his name in the KA-01 RTO. the KA-01 RTO office has to send the Form 29 to the KA-04 RTO office so that a change can be made in the ownership. But this does'nt happen. This is why previous owners keep getting notices for offences they never committed.

Lazy, irresponsible, kaamchors !!
Old 15th November 2010, 08:43   #38
BANNED

As long as these govt agencies keep dealing in paper records this is what happens, why can't they bring in more computerization to the RTOs and the sub registrar? Afraid of loosing their chance to become crorepathis, I guess

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks