Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2008, 14:36   #31
Team-BHP Support

CA in Noida

Guys, the CA I know charges 500/return! Can anybody give me contact of a CA who charges 250 or less. I don't have any more taxes to pay, but I have some loss from stock market, so that could mean a minor refund(pretty meagre amount I guess).

I need someone in Noida
Old 5th August 2008, 14:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Tsk, if you have a ICICI account (or know someone who has an ICICI account) why dont you get it done thru them,that is their tie up taxspanner; they charge 150Rs.

All you have to do is pay the account holder what has been charged to his account, which should be jsut this 150Rs.
Old 5th August 2008, 14:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
And I have one of my collegues, who had posted the acknowledgement slip to the IT department here in Bangalore, receiving it back, by post, stamped. Have not seen the document, but he said that they sent back the stamped document to his residence address. Now, I would say that is good service.
Are you sure IT Dept posted your colleague's Acknowledgment to his residence address?
I don't believe it, it must be a external agency like Taxsmile.com getting the Acknowledgement endorsed at IT debpt & then sending it to the address by post.
Old 5th August 2008, 16:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Are you sure IT Dept posted your colleague's Acknowledgment to his residence address?
I don't believe it, it must be a external agency like Taxsmile.com getting the Acknowledgement endorsed at IT debpt & then sending it to the address by post.
No; no agency was used. He did it online and then took the print out and snail posted it to IT dept.

Well, I too have the same doubt! I had infact asked all my other team members, who had done this posting-of-acknowledgement-to-IT-Dept to go and get it done physically!

Beats me on how he got it! Let me check with the rest and see if they have also got this acknowledgement. If so, then it seems to be a unsaid service given by GOI!
Old 5th August 2008, 16:26   #35
Team-BHP Support

I don't know anyone with ICICI account, and would prefer a CA or someone for refund calculations.
Old 5th August 2008, 16:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I have one of my collegues, who had posted the acknowledgement slip to the IT department here in Bangalore, receiving it back, by post, stamped. Have not seen the document, but he said that they sent back the stamped document to his residence address. Now, I would say that is good service.

He also mentioned that the address was hand written - wonder how many man hours are wasted by writting the address on each and every return!!!

Had anyone else, who had mailed the document, recieved it back?
Interesting. If only i knew about this before. I paid 1000Rs to get my filing done . It was normally 300rs for form 16 guys, but since I had some Stocks involved, I ended up paying 1400 as self assessed tax. To pay that 1400rs and file, I paid extra 1000rs.
Old 5th August 2008, 17:08   #37
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Try Taxbase

Hi! TSK
try taxbase . dowload it as Income Tax India, Indian Taxation, Income tax forms, income tax return, efiling, advance tax, compute tax, download software, efile, fbt tax, file return, filing tax, income tax, income tax filing, income tax software, itr 1, itr 2, itr1, itr2, itret or Indiataxes.com - Your Resource On Indian Taxation, Covers Income Tax, Fringe Benefit Tax, TDS, VAT, Service Tax and More..

fill in your details. it will give you a proper return form either for printing or XML file for filing. only problem is you can not save it. i have used. it is OK
Old 5th August 2008, 17:12   #38
Team-BHP Support

filling in details myself is something I want to avoid Thats why want to find a CA for 250rs or something.
Old 6th August 2008, 10:36   #39
rkg
Senior - BHPian

try it for once and see.
it does all the calculations itself. we have to enter basic data like PAN no, address, bank a/c , salary details, share transactions like date of purchase and selling with price.
it will give you the filled ITR 2 for printing or XML for uploading
it did my long term capital gains calculations properly which i filed with IT dept
Old 6th August 2008, 12:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, eFiling has been a good experience to me. I filed electronically on July 25th and got an email with a pdf form attached. I took two printouts, and went to file physically today.
Since there was a separate line for eFiling, it took me hardly 10 minutes to get the acknowledgement.
All I had to do was to take a detour of 3 kms on my regular commute to office. I've saved on the 150 bucks most of my colleagues shelled out to an agent.
Time to get myself a couple of beers...so cheers!
Old 6th August 2008, 15:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I don't believe it, it must be a external agency ...
Quote:
...Let me check with the rest and see if they have also got this acknowledgement. If so, then it seems to be a unsaid service given by GOI!
Ok, it confirmed. Those of whom who had post mailed it across to IT dept (Queens Road, Bangalore) have got back the acknowledement. The document that they have sent has a seal in it and along with it a note mentioning the receipt of the filed returns. It was sent thru ordinary post.

Good service or what! :-)
Old 6th August 2008, 16:11   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, it confirmed. Those of whom who had post mailed it across to IT dept (Queens Road, Bangalore) have got back the acknowledement. The document that they have sent has a seal in it and along with it a note mentioning the receipt of the filed returns. It was sent thru ordinary post.

Good service or what! :-)
Good service indeed!

But, your colleagues were brave enough to post mail the forms to IT Dept, expecting them to endorse it and post back the Acknowledgement to their residence address!

Good news is that IT WAS DONE!

Kudos to IT Dept, Bangalore!
Old 6th August 2008, 18:23   #43
BHPian

Guys, last date for filing was 31st July, right ? I totally missed it and couldn't file the return as I was running around Hospital and home (sad to say that my dad suffered a heart attack and underwent angioplasty and was in hospital for for 15 days).

If I file the return now, will there be any fine/penalty. I am yet to calculate my short-term/long-term cap gains and just don't know what to do.
Old 6th August 2008, 18:51   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Guys, last date for filing was 31st July, right ? I totally missed it and couldn't file the return as I was running around Hospital and home (sad to say that my dad suffered a heart attack and underwent angioplasty and was in hospital for for 15 days).

If I file the return now, will there be any fine/penalty. I am yet to calculate my short-term/long-term cap gains and just don't know what to do.
Please check if this helps
Moneycontrol » Wealth » Plan » Gallery » Plan » Not filed returns, yet? A plan for late Latifs!#

Nirmal
Old 6th August 2008, 18:55   #45
BHPian

BomBatt,

If you don't have anything payable to the govt. no penalty or fine would be applicable. However, please be aware that it may not be possible to revise a return which was filed after the due date. Therefore, please make sure that your calculations are dead-right when you file.

If some tax is payable there may be some interest liability as per provisions of section 234. You can either read about section 234 on IT website or talk to a CA.

Cheers,
Su-47

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks