Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2010, 15:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Arun. That was very helpful.
Only confusion now is that is this PCC different from the one BenjiRoss got from the RPO?

Spitfire, as far as i know, it is not required for every travel abroad. It is not required for visa either. Mainly, it is required for a more permanent movement.
Old 11th May 2010, 15:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
What exactly is a PCC? Is it a separate piece of paper issued by the RPO? Or is it just a stamp on your passport?
If i were to get a PCC, i'll need to go to the passport office that issued my passport?

You'll get a piece of paper AND a stamp in your passport stating PCC for _______ country issued (with Date).

In Delhi, you just need to visit the RPO..fill in an application form under the "Misc service" section, pay the fee and collect the passport same day @ 4 pm. Simple.
Old 11th May 2010, 17:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

There seem to be two schools of thought here. One goes to police station and the other goes to RPO.
Hard to believe that it can vary from city to city. But has anyone in Bangalore obtained a PCC from the RPO? Arun's post suggests that PCCs have been obtained from the Commissioner's office in Bangalore. No one has said anything about getting them from RPO in Bangalore yet.
Old 11th May 2010, 17:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Only confusion now is that is this PCC different from the one BenjiRoss got from the RPO?
I have not come across an option of getting a PCC from the RPO (Regional Passport Office if I am correct). Please do let me know if it can be done. It should be very helpful.

I have got the PCC done twice and I was asked to follow the same procedure as mentioned on both ocassions because the local police do a background check and then sent back a report to the commissioner's office about the status. They generally ask you to wait for 15 days from the day of submitting the application.
I have tried to get it on the same day or earlier but in vain.

My friend got his PCC done at his Local PS in Ananthpur in 1 day without even entering the PS.

Quote:
There seem to be two schools of thought here. One goes to police station and the other goes to RPO.
Hard to believe that it can vary from city to city. But has anyone in Bangalore obtained a PCC from the RPO? Arun's post suggests that PCCs have been obtained from the Commissioner's office in Bangalore. No one has said anything about getting them from RPO in Bangalore yet.
I am not sure but I do not think you can apply for a PCC without a passport since they ask for a copy of your passport during application.

When you are applying for a passport a PCC is sent by the police to the RPO after verification about your background and whether you can be issued a passport or not.
Old 11th May 2010, 18:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I think the PCC is to be taken from the RPO, the process that I have learnt from my friends who have got this done in bangalore is
(a) submit the form at RPO
(b) RPO sends it to the local PS
(c) post verification by PS it is sent back to RPO from where we eventually get it back

but need to do this myself as soon as I am back in Banglore. Hoping it doesnt take too long.
Old 11th May 2010, 18:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
And this is required when applying for a visa only or for every travel abroad?
Not every travel abroad asks for a PCC. Not even every travel on a work visa asks for it. For instance, if one travels to USA / Canada on a work permit, one usually doesn't have to produce a PCC unless explicitly asked for. However, most student visas and PR visas (Permanent Resident visas), if not all, do require PCC. Finally, if required the country where one is applying to be admitted in is going to explicitly ask for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumars View Post
amit

The PCC is provided in a seperate sheet and will not be stamped in your passport and is usually valid for a period of 6 months or 1 year.
If applied through Consulates abroad, last known, one would get both a sheet of paper and a stamping in one of the pages of the passport. Last seen, the separate sheet and the stamping also explicitly mention which country the PCC is issued for. I found it ridiculous!
A PCC issued is one issued no matter which country one is going to travel for - Can someone explain or is that one of those mysteries with the Indian consulates mysterious than life after death?

Last edited by Iluvcars : 11th May 2010 at 18:08.
Old 12th May 2010, 01:04   #22
BHPian

It takes lots of time.
Can you believe that it takes 10 days to send the Passport back to applicant from Passport office after the verification done and reached to PP office.
Old 12th May 2010, 23:01   #23
BHPian

PCC @ Delhi - A cake walk !

In Delhi, the application for PCC needs to be submitted with RPO along with the passport & the prescribed fee. PCC on a seperate paper along with passport are returned on the same evening. This is the procedure I followed two years ago while applying for my work-permit to Europe.

Excuse me if someone has already provided this info. Was too lazy to go through entire post.
Old 5th March 2014, 19:20   #24

Re: PCC - Police Clearance Certificate

Hi guys,

I need to get PCC for an upcoming trip. I have 2 passports - first issued in Delhi, has my permanent address, and second issued in Bangalore, has my local address where I've been staying for 2 years now.

I am currently in Delhi, since last 2 months. I have some personal work so I should be here for another 2 weeks or so. I do have a running gov bank account here in Delhi, my DL & my first passport, as address proof.

Now, how do I apply for PCC? Should / Can I apply here in Delhi? Or must I go to Bangalore & do this there?
Old 5th March 2014, 21:40   #25
BHPian

iVictor , in my limited knowledge having 2 passports is illegal in India. Please get one of them cancelled as this could cause you serious problems in future.
Old 6th March 2014, 00:15   #26

Oh, I meant first passport from Delhi and when the pages of first passport had finished, then second passport from Bangalore. sorry for the confusion.
Old 19th March 2015, 12:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

I have a query on PCC.
My wife submitted her documents for PCC on 12th February. Two weeks later, verification at local police station was done. After another week, she received an SMS that said "Your Passport Verification is complete. Contact your Passport Office. Courtesy: Police Computer Wing."

After that, I have been twice to the Passport Seva Kendra in Bangalore. They say that they have not yet received the report. Today, they asked me to check at Regional Passport Office.

Who do I contact in regional passport office? What is the process there? Considering that it is a government office, I want to avoid going there (I have never had good experience in any government office in Karnataka so far, be it central government office or state).
Old 19th March 2015, 21:18   #28
BHPian

Hi Buddy
AFAIK in case the PCC is not received within 15 days, the passport office goes ahead and issues the passport. That's one of the reasons why the cops react immediately, unlike in the past where we had to follow up, unlike they following up with you today. I got my Renewed fresh passport, even before the verification papers had be forwarded to the CID headquarters. You could visit the Police department issuing the PCC and request for a proof of despatch, prior to visiting the passport office.
Old 23rd March 2015, 18:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishyvish View Post
Hi Buddy
AFAIK in case the PCC is not received within 15 days, the passport office goes ahead and issues the passport.
That's probably true for police verification, as I got my renewed passport with updated address within ten days, two years ago.

But as I found the hard way, it is not the case for police clearance. After waiting for my turn at regional passport office for nearly four hours for my turn, I was told that the police department has not sent them the report. They asked me to check with police commissioner office.

At commissioner office, I was informed that my residence is not in Bangalore taluka, so I should go to district superintendent office. For a while, I thought I would have to go to Anekal taluka commissioner office because that is the taluka for the place where I stay.

Luckily, superintendent office had the report. But they had been sitting on it for three weeks for no reason. They said they would process it immediately. I hope to get PCC in a few days.

I had never been to three different government offices for the same work ever before!
Old 23rd March 2015, 19:36   #30
BHPian

Well, that's right, in a way. You do have to follow up with the concerned Police Station whose jurisdiction covers the address mentioned in your application. Its a bit fuzzy as you give the right information, however the guy who handles the despatch should be equally knowledgeable, and forward it accordingly, which may not be the case. A couple of years back, I too faced a similar problem, and then visited all police stations around and even searched through a mound of papers until I succeeded in finding the right one. Yeah, understand the frustration, however that's why we Indians can survive anywhere😄

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks