Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2014, 11:27   #511
BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Another Vibyor-like incident happened yesterday at (allegedly) Orchids International School, Jalahalli to a 4-yr old nursery student - http://www.deccanchronicle.com/14102...rror-continues

Sickening.
Old 22nd October 2014, 14:11   #512
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Another Vibyor-like incident happened yesterday at (allegedly) Orchids International School, Jalahalli to a 4-yr old nursery student - http://www.deccanchronicle.com/14102...rror-continues

Sickening.
So not only women, even our kids are not safe anymore.

It's high time we incorporate Saudi laws, where they just chop off the private part of the perpetrator in such cases.

Incidents like these will continue to happen till criminals actually fear the consequences of the crime.
Old 22nd October 2014, 14:59   #513
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely shameful. I mean how can someone even think about a 3 year old like that or for that matter even do anything to that innocent child. Boils my blood no end. These lowlifes should just be cut to pieces in public. This is a test of our judicial system too.

Last edited by Samurai : 24th October 2014 at 11:14. Reason: profanity
Old 23rd October 2014, 20:24   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Have got the admission form from Gopalan National School at Hoodi. It looks like a good school but I felt it's very academics oriented. They have a tiny football ground and a badminton court and that's about it as far as extra curriculars are concerned.

How good is Chrysalis High?
Hello,

As a parent trying to source admission for my 3+ young daughter for LKG next year, I've been doing some digging around since end September. All feedback my wife and I have managed to get so far, from online sources as well as from parents of kid(s) going to one of the Chrysalis High school, are all positive and encouraging.

I just got off the phone with a reference NPV had provided, whose girl child goes to Chrysalis High in Varthur-Marathahalli. Only good things to say about the school and its principal. Also as a first hand experience, their management and principal are very reachable.

I did visit Gopalan National School in Brookefields too, based on the feedback I got regarding it (good in academics). Like yourself, I found the infrastructure for extra curricular activities to be in short supply (specially more, for the girl child).

Almost decided to secure admission for my daughter in Chrysalis High..
Old 24th October 2014, 11:03   #515
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Almost decided to secure admission for my daughter in Chrysalis High..
Thanks a ton for the feedback. I would like to share my experience with the telecon I had with Chrysalis High.

They have a branch at Kadugodi, which is pretty close to my home. However, that particular branch follows the CBSE syllabus while the one at Marathalli-Sarjapur Road follows ICSE. Me and my wife happen to be keen on ICSE.

So I called up their ICSE school. They advised me to enroll my son in the Kadugodi branch itself, since it made more sense due to my proximity to that location. When I told them I was keen on ICSE, they said that will come into the equation only from Std V or VI onwards. Till then the syllabus is going to be common across their branches. They said at that time, I can always go for an inter branch transfer.

This however is not the case with Gopalan National, which also follows ICSE. I noticed there that one particular subject, Environmental Studies (EVS) begins there from UKG onwards. I don't see that happening in any of the CBSE affiliated schools.

This is the only qualm I have with Chrysalis that is holding me back so far. If they say they are following a particular curriculum, I believe they must follow it religiously. Other than this, it seems to be a good school.

Question for fellow parents - is a school allowed to follow multiple curriculums as in this case? I am seeing this happening for the first time.

Last edited by Oxy : 24th October 2014 at 11:04.
Old 24th October 2014, 12:15   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This is the only qualm I have with Chrysalis that is holding me back so far. If they say they are following a particular curriculum, I believe they must follow it religiously. Other than this, it seems to be a good school.

Question for fellow parents - is a school allowed to follow multiple curriculums as in this case? I am seeing this happening for the first time.
My understanding is that both ICSE And CBSE boards allow flexibility in the curriculum to be followed till 5th standard. They have a guidance or framework which schools can tailor as per their approach and beliefs. Post 5th standard I think it becomes more aligned to the exact requirements of the board.
Old 24th October 2014, 12:36   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't see that happening in any of the CBSE affiliated schools.
EVS used to exist in CBSE back when I studied. So am doubtful it doesnt exist now. If at all academic burden always goes on the increasing trend, never on the decreasing

I think it was somewhere in primary or secondary school days. I finished schooling 20 years back, so can't recollect which year though.
Old 27th October 2014, 13:17   #518
BHPian

Quote:
If they say they are following a particular curriculum, I believe they must follow it religiously.

My understanding of the ICSE/CBSE boards is: they provide the guidance rules. How they are implemented differs from school to school. These rules are very flexible for the lower classes/grades and allow the schools to pick from a list of topics in a subject. That's why we see each school following a different textbook for the same subject. Maybe the school is following the topics common to both the ICSE and CBSE.

The rules become more stringent for the higher classes/grades.

Last edited by Pallavi : 27th October 2014 at 13:20.
Old 27th October 2014, 15:29   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This however is not the case with Gopalan National, which also follows ICSE. I noticed there that one particular subject, Environmental Studies (EVS) begins there from UKG onwards. I don't see that happening in any of the CBSE affiliated schools.
EVS is there in almost all schools just name of the subject changes ,
My son goes to NPS which follows CBSE and it has EVS.
Old 27th October 2014, 18:02   #520
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
EVS used to exist in CBSE back when I studied. So am doubtful it doesnt exist now. If at all academic burden always goes on the increasing trend, never on the decreasing

I think it was somewhere in primary or secondary school days. I finished schooling 20 years back, so can't recollect which year though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
EVS is there in almost all schools just name of the subject changes ,
My son goes to NPS which follows CBSE and it has EVS.
I know EVS the subject exists. However, is it introduced during UKG? That was the question.
Old 27th October 2014, 19:29   #521
BHPian

Anyone sending their wards to any Pearson school? i have heard good things about their methodology. But as in any thing commercial and shareholder focused, i remain sceptical about its long time viability. Education requires long term commitment by the provider.
Old 2nd December 2014, 07:57   #522
Senior - BHPian

ST. JOSEPH’S BOYS’ HIGH SCHOOL
27 Museum Road, Bangalore 560 025.
ADMISSIONS TO LKG – 2015

Application forms for admission to LKG for the academic year 2015 – 2016 will be issued online on Thursday the 8thand Friday the 9thof January 2015. They can be downloaded from the school website www.sjbhsbangalore.in after filling in the necessary information. No application forms will be issued by the school office.

Note:
The application forms will be available for download only on the above mentioned days i.e. on 8th January 2015 and 9th January 2015.
Thereafter no application forms will be issued and enquiries regarding the same will not be entertained.
Kindly read the guidelines carefully before filling the application form.

The hard copy of the duly filled in E-application form has to be submitted at the school registration desk from 12th January to 17th January 2015 between 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

The last date to submit the filled in E-application forms is 17th January 2015.
Admissions are NOT on a first-come first-served basis. All applications submitted on or before 17th January 2015, will be considered.
An envelope (A4 size) addressed to the Principal must contain the following documents:

1. Fully completed and signed E-application form with a passport size photo of the student and one each of his father and mother separately.
2. Birth certificate of the child (child should have completed 4 years of age as on June 1, 2015)
• Baptism certificate from their respective parish for Roman Catholics. (Xerox copy)
• Corporation certificate of Birth with name of the child for all others. (Xerox copy)
• Caste Certificate where applicable specifying the category to which they belong (Xerox copy).
3. Proof of residential address (Copy of Passport/Aadhar card/ Voter’s id card).
4. Details of sibling studying in this school - where applicable
5. Proof of father being an Alumnus - if applicable
6. Attested copies of the highest Educational qualification of both the parents.
7. Self addressed stamped envelope with a Rs. 5 stamp affixed.

Students who have been selected as well as those who have not, will be informed of the same by post/courier by the last week of February 2015.

Guidelines:
1. The application forms may be downloaded at: www.sjbhsbangalore.
2. After filling in the application form on the website, please click on the submit button. A soft copy of the duly filled in E-application form will be generated with an E-application form number. The same will be sent to your email id for your reference.
3. At the time of submission of the hard copy of the duly filled in E-application form, an amount of Rs.100/- is to be paid. This will be acknowledged at the time of submission of the form.
4. Kindly fill and submit the E-application form only once as duplicate applications will be rejected.
5. Any enquiries about admissions will not be entertained.
6. Recommendations of any kind will disqualify the candidate.
7. Parents are advised to apply for admissions to other schools also.
8. Seats to LKG in this school are limited.

Please note that we do not take donations for any admissions. We do not have any agents to procure seats. You are strongly advised not to give any money to anyone who promises you a seat in our school. You will be doing so at your own risk.

Fr. Clifford Sequeira, SJ
Principal
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:29   #523
Senior - BHPian

Is there someone who can help provide any inputs on RIMS International School- Pune please? Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd December 2014, 12:32   #524
BANNED

Anyone here has any inputs on Euro School, Whitefield Bangalore? Looking at LKG for my kid and was looking for some feedback before I proceed.
Old 2nd December 2014, 15:22   #525
Oxy
BHPian

After a lot of deliberation, I finally secured admission for my 3 year old son at Gopalan National School near Graphite India for the next academic session.

Yes the sports infrastructure is pretty limited there, but we were happy with their focus on academics and heard good things about the school from several parents.

We live in an apartment complex that houses 500 plus families, so we have tennis/basketball courts readily available there itself, with paid coaching. Also we have paid skating classes within the society. Swimming pools are coming up, and will have a paid learning option too. So we figured we can probably take care of these activities within our society itself when our child grows up, and hence decided to let him focus on his academics as of now.

Hope it turns out to be a wise decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks