Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2015, 09:26   #631
BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Hello All,

Need help on this query. A friend of mine recently moved to Bangalore from Hyderabad. His kids are studying in Chinmaya School here and he is planning to seek admission for them at Chinmaya - Koramangala in the next academic year. I would request folks from Bangalore to provide any ifnormation they may have handy about the admission dates / process that would help him.

Cheers,
pdma.
Old 24th November 2015, 11:30   #632
BHPian

Guys what are the prevailing fees in the public schools these days?

I am told it is 1.2 Lac at NHVPS (Unit 2) for PG2.

I think this is a bit high. Am I right? Or is it that almost all schools in the same league are charging same?
Old 24th November 2015, 11:43   #633
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post

Most such schools charge fees upwards of 75K per year - upto about 1.5Lakh
Old 24th November 2015, 12:04   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I think this is a bit high. Am I right? Or is it that almost all schools in the same league are charging same?
Unfortunately fees between 1 and 1.5 L (Including transportation, uniform, books and excluding an 'admission fee') is kind of the norm for all the schools I have seen in the Koramanagala, Indiranagar, Sarjapur Road, Varthur, Whitefield , ORR belt. And these are 'Mid level'. Apart from a couple of schools I don't think there are any schools that go below 75K a year.

The International Schools in the Sarjapur-Varthur Area charge much more. Oakridge International, Indus international charge 3-4L a year. TISB (The International School Bangalore), charges ~7L per year.

There are some playschools that charge insanely high amount.

Note: Numbers I got from people who were looking for admission for the 2016-17 Academic year.
Old 24th November 2015, 12:59   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
NHVPS charges too high a fees for nothing. Also the school is owned by a politician. I have put my daughter in Vidhyaniketan school in Ullal (Near Bangalore university). Good school with reasonable fees (<50,000 Rs.). They have started accepting forms for the next year so you may check them out.

https://www.urbanpro.com/vidyaniketa...angalore/12907
Old 24th November 2015, 13:17   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
NHVPS charges too high a fees for nothing. Also the school is owned by a politician. I have put my daughter in Vidhyaniketan school in Ullal (Near Bangalore university). Good school with reasonable fees (<50,000 Rs.). They have started accepting forms for the next year so you may check them out.

https://www.urbanpro.com/vidyaniketa...angalore/12907
Thanks a lot DieselFan, that helps!
Where do you stay? Which other schools did you consider? Help!

We have already got admission for our daughter in NHVPS but after getting to know about the fees we are in double thoughts. This is for PG2 (LKG). Can't imagine paying this much from now itself.
Old 24th November 2015, 13:32   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot DieselFan, that helps!
Where do you stay? Which other schools did you consider? Help!

We have already got admission for our daughter in NHVPS but after getting to know about the fees we are in double thoughts. This is for PG2 (LKG). Can't imagine paying this much from now itself.
Hi Pavan,

I stay in RR Nagar. My daughter is studying in Vidhyaniketan since the beginning of this academic year in 11 class. My niece goes to NHVPS and she is really harassed at the school even though she is above average student. Teaching methodology starts as Montessori and suddenly in class 1 switches to standard method and confuses a lot of kids. ALso parents get put off by the principal of that school.

Please go meet Mr. Vijay who is the principal of VIdhyaniketan and then you can decide.
Old 24th November 2015, 13:54   #638
BANNED

There is another very good school called as BEML Shishya. This is in Vignana Nagar.

It is CBSE. Though the name has "BEML" in it is open to all. Fees are about 80k.

Best part is it has a huge play ground. I wish I had a ground like that way in my school.

Actually fees went up only recently. Until 4 years ago it was 30k or so.

In general, there are two types of fees. Even if the amount right now is the same, the one which is a donation disguised as something else will have a lower tuition fees from next year. But maybe a building fund needs your help. It's is thus 1 lakh next year too.

Some schools have a variable few structure. If you joined from LKG and came to 6th, the fees would be lower than if you joined in 6th (just an example) directly.

The best schools charge 1 lakh. The receipt says "Tuition 1 lakh". And your annual expenses are less than 5k on books and uniforms. This 1 lakh is if you join in LKG. Then it Marginally rises by 5-10% each year.

Others charge 1 lakh of which 30-40k is a donation. Says so on the receipt. Next year it is still 1 lakh for many convincing reasons. You will often get a detailed itemized receipt here.

For some reason I'm reminded of an English movie. 2 guys come into a diner and study the menu. They look at each other. And one guy says,"I guess lunch?". The camera zooms into the menu. It has 3 items. Breakfast $x, lunch $y and dinner $z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hello All,

Need help on this query. A friend of mine recently moved to Bangalore from Hyderabad. His kids are studying in Chinmaya School here and he is planning to seek admission for them at Chinmaya - Koramangala in the next academic year. I would request folks from Bangalore to provide any ifnormation they may have handy about the admission dates / process that would help him.

Cheers,
pdma.
I don't have it now. But did you try contacting the email address and number mentioned on the school site?

Last edited by ampere : 24th November 2015 at 14:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 24th November 2015, 14:08   #639
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
There is another very good school called as BEML Shishya. This is in Vignana Nagar.

It is CBSE. Though the name has "BEML" in it is open to all. Fees are about 80k.
If you mentioned about this school in response to the last 2-3 comments above yours, it may not be an option at all for the OP since he is looking for schools around Raja Rajeshwari nagar/Banashankari and Shishya BEML is in Vignana Nagar about 25Km on the other side of Bangalore.
And yes, Shishya BEML is a good school. It was originally the BEML Public school started for the children of BEML employees and was later taken over by a private educational trust.
Old 24th November 2015, 14:49   #640
BHPian

Quote:
If you mentioned about this school in response to the last 2-3 comments above yours, it may not be an option at all for the OP since he is looking for schools around Raja Rajeshwari nagar/Banashankari and Shishya BEML is in Vignana Nagar about 25Km on the other side of Bangalore.
And yes, Shishya BEML is a good school. It was originally the BEML Public school started for the children of BEML employees and was later taken over by a private educational trust.
That's right NPV, I am looking at schools around Rajarajeshwari Nagar for my daughter for LKG for year 2016. I do not wish to take transport therefore want the school to be within a radius of about 2-3 KMS. I think I have a limited choice.
1. NHVPS Unit 1
2. NHVPS Unit 2 (Got the admission here but feel the fees is too high)
3. Swargarani School
4. Baldwin in BEML 5th stage
5. NPS Uttarahalli (guess the fees is same as NHVPS, don't see value)
6. Rashtrothana Vidya kendra near Kengeri (bit far for me)

I think most of the schools must have closed their admissions by now. Wish I had begun earlier.
Old 24th November 2015, 15:13   #641
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
6. Rashtrothana Vidya kendra near Kengeri (bit far for me)

I think most of the schools must have closed their admissions by now. Wish I had begun earlier.
This is another good school but I thought they have another branch somewhere closer to Banashankari ? Let me check with a friend whose children study at the school.
Don't give up hope, there is time till June-July 2016 for the academic year to begin. Most of these schools create an artificial demand by claiming there are no seats. Meantime, do find out if someone you know has some contacts who can get you to meet the Principal of the school and tell them your reason which seems genuine, you were not aware that the admissions had already begun.
Old 24th November 2015, 15:26   #642
Senior - BHPian

NHVPS fees is high. Both of my kids go there and I dont see any problem with the school although its very academic focused. They do call in parents if the performance of the kid is not that good. It could be called harassment since not sure why they put so much pressure. The principal is kind of strict but again people who dont have any problem have no problems with that either.

Its the best though among your list since I know some teachers from this school who have joined other schools and they concur.

Last edited by srishiva : 24th November 2015 at 15:27.
Old 24th November 2015, 16:12   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
NHVPS fees is high. Both of my kids go there and I dont see any problem with the school although its very academic focused. They do call in parents if the performance of the kid is not that good. It could be called harassment since not sure why they put so much pressure. The principal is kind of strict but again people who dont have any problem have no problems with that either.

Its the best though among your list since I know some teachers from this school who have joined other schools and they concur.
Thanks srishiva, I think you are talking about NHVPS Unit 1? I have got admission for Unit2 (they call it BSK branch) Anyway, I think for new admission the fees is increased by about 10k from the prev year and thus it has come to 1.2L for PG2 (LKG) this year.
Old 24th November 2015, 23:55   #644
BANNED

Quote:

Hi NPV, the OP had not mentioned the area. I was not familiar with NHVPV location's.

Its more relevant for the other drivers here. Nobody seems to have mentioned this school. Hence I mentioned it. The fee structure here and other schools is what is relevant.

Note: I have no involvement with this school whatsoever. Please use your own discretion.
Old 28th November 2015, 19:42   #645
BHPian

Well, some of the old convent schools fee is < 40k per year :-) Add another 5k for uniform and books. 20K for transport. So all put together < 65k. Even the first year admission fee/donation is not more than 25k.

Quote:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks