Team-BHP - The School & College Admissions Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The School & College Admissions Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/71698-school-college-admissions-thread-63.html)

Guys, need help. Can you suggest some good ICSC schools near Versova, 7 Bangla, area? Also is Marathi compulsory in all schools? My son will be going to 7th next year. I will be moving to Mumbai from Coimbatore early next year and stay will be in that area. Any advice on admission procedure will be super helpful. Thanks in advance.

Hi All, this question is mainly for folks living in Rajarajeshwari nagar, Uttarahalli, Banashankari parts of Bangalore. I'm admitting my kid to PreKG next year. I'm deciding between
1. National Public School, Banashankari and
2. Rashtrotthana Vidya Kendra Banashankari

Ay views in deciding between the schools would help. I have applied for both schools and keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks in advance

Hello People.
I am looking to admit my 5 year old in a school around Brookfield, Bangalore starting next year (AY-2020)

Have short listed
1- For CBSE
1. VSE – Vydehi School of Excellence
2. EKYA, ITPL
2- For ICSE
3. Gopalan International School, Mahadevapura
Any feedback on these is highly appreciated. I haven’t decided on CBSE vs ICSE, but will eventually choose the school that provides all round curriculum.
I dropped Vibgyor & Ryan from my list based on the previous feedback on this thread

Any other suggestions around 5 Kms of Brookfield/Kundalhalli Gate, Bangalore would be a bonus for me.

Thank You.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf (Post 4676658)

Any other suggestions around 5 Kms of Brookfield/Kundalhalli Gate, Bangalore would be a bonus for me.

Thank You.

There's also Deens Academy in that area that I would consider seriously, but securing admission there would not be easy. But its worth trying at least.

Quote:

Have shortlisted
1- For CBSE
1. VSE – Vydehi School of Excellence
2. EKYA, ITPL
2- For ICSE
Any feedback

I had inquired about my kid's admission at the VSE. This is considered to be among the better schools in this area. I think their admission process has started. I do have the fee structure with transport options saved somewhere. Can look it up to post again, if needed.

I think the tuition fee was said to be about 1.4 (or was it 1.6?) lakh per annum with an increment of 10% every year.

The Gopalan international is good too. I have not made an inquiry yet. Many of my office-folks have their kids enrolled here and are quite happy.

Kindly note that admissions for the academic year 2020-21 at Abhaya Waldorf,Hyderabad are open.The Orientation Date is 16/11/19 Saturday -10.20 am (sharp).

Quote:

2- For ICSE

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyata (Post 4676835)
The Gopalan international is good too. Have myself not made an inquiry yet. Many of my office-folks have their kids enrolled here and are quite happy.

There is a watered down version of the Gopalan International too which is called the Gopalan National School. My kid goes there. Check that out as well if you are fine with a smaller playfield and lesser sport/outdoor activities.

We figured that since we live in a large apartment complex having all the necessary amenities, our kid has access to the necessary infrastructure in case he is interested in something in particular. So we were happy with the school being largely academics focused.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxy (Post 4676851)
the Gopalan National School.

Have seen it from the outside when I used to drive past. Could not stop to make inquiries. Any idea on the current tuition fee at this place? It it CBSE affiliated?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslicx (Post 4676789)
There's also Deens Academy in that area that I would consider seriously, but securing admission there would not be easy. But its worth trying at least.

Thank You, Yes Deens( though far) was also on my list but they clearly mentioned no admissions available for Grade 1 and I need to wait till January for any possible dropouts. That's a risky wait since other school's admissions may get closed by then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyata (Post 4676877)
Have seen it from the outside when I used to drive past. Could not stop to make inquiries. Any idea on the current tuition fee at this place? It it CBSE affiliated?

Thanks

It is ICSE affiliated. Tution fee varies depending on the grade to which you want your kid to be admitted. I am currently paying 95k annually as tuition fee for 2nd grade. Transport fee is separate, depending on distance. Stationary/books and school uniform expenses are also over and above all this. All put together it comes to about 1.5 lakhs in my case for the year.

PS: You will also be charged a one time admission fee. I paid 40k towards that 4 years ago, not sure how much is that now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyata (Post 4676835)
I had myself inquired for my kids admission at the VSE. This is considered to be among the better schools in this area. I think their admission process has started. I do have the fee structure with transport options saved somewhere. Can look it up to post again, if needed.

I think the tuition fee was said to be about 1.4 (or was it 1.6?) lakh per annum with an increment of 10% every year.

The Gopalan international is good too. Have myself not made an inquiry yet. Many of my office-folks have their kids enrolled here and are quite happy.

Yeah, it's 1.4L for VSE. Will check GIS too. Haven't been to their campus.

Notice has been put up in Abhinava Vidyalaya Pre-Primary School (Nal Stop, Pune) for admission to Mini K.G class.

The School & College Admissions Thread-abhinav.jpg

Cheers,
Vikram

Hello,
I have moved recently to Kadugodi / Kannamangala area and was looking for a good school for my daughter.
I have so far visited and shortlisted the following (not in any order).
1. Whitefield Global School
2. Chrysalis High Whitefield CBSE campus
3. Shriram Global School OMR off Budigere Road
4. NPS ITPL

All four appear to be having good infrastructure. Teaching feedback is what I was looking for in this group. Any first person input will be very helpful.
Many Thanks

Parents desirous of admitting their children at Abhaya,please note that the next orientation date for admissions into Nursery,KG,Grade 1, Grade 2 is 21-DEC-2019 10:15am

Parents are requested to send details such as Child's Name/Date of Birth/Parents' contact number by email to schooladmin@abhayaschool.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by busydrive (Post 4696266)
Hello,
I have moved recently to Kadugodi / Kannamangala area and was looking for a good school for my daughter.
I have so far visited and shortlisted the following (not in any order).
1. Whitefield Global School
2. Chrysalis High Whitefield CBSE campus
3. Shriram Global School OMR off Budigere Road
4. NPS ITPL

All four appear to be having good infrastructure. Teaching feedback is what I was looking for in this group. Any first person input will be very helpful.
Many Thanks

Please consider NPS Whitefield as well but I don't know if they are accepting the admissions now.
Chrysalis high - the approach road is a swimming pool during rainy months.
There is a new Chrysalis High comping up in Marq Assetz Campus. It's an ICSE based school.
NPS ITPL - It's a good school but I see that it's not so popular due to some unknown reasons. Anyways it's a franchise of NPS.