Team-BHP - The School & College Admissions Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The School & College Admissions Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/71698-school-college-admissions-thread-67.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 5071387)
Folks - Requesting review of DPS Pune located at Undri. This will be probably an inter city transfer from DPS Bangalore North. Looking to get my son admitted mid year for 9th std. Any info about the academic performance of the school as well as extra curricular activities.

How's Undri as location in Pune? Is it developed/developing?

Can't comment on school and its performance. But I heard its standard DPS. :)

Undri was merged in Pune Muncipal Coproration this month only. Undri has many good residential societies.
But as it was a village council till last month, area as such is not developed yet. Road from Hadapsar to Undri is narrow and many times there are traffic jams due to a railway crossing. A bridge was under construction, but I am not aware of its status.

Overall there are many good residential societies and good reputed schools in that area. I feel if you just looking for DPS, then you should not bother about Undri.

Hello BHPians!

Looking for information and reviews on DPS Navi Mumbai for Class XI & XII. Specifically looking for information on how the teaching staff is and whether or not teaching is effective and well-managed in the online form.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaibhaoT (Post 5104089)
Can't comment on school and its performance. But I heard its standard DPS. :)

Undri was merged in Pune Muncipal Coproration this month only. Undri has many good residential societies.

Really? I live in Nyati County and I'm pretty sure PMC merged this area from village council about 2-3 years ago. Traffic jams are very less nowadays. An underpass has been built for traffic towards Hadapsar market and the cars going towards Undri can use the railway crossing. It's one-way movement as of now.

Hi,
Any idea about the school Expert PU College - Kodialbail in Mangalore.

Planning to put my son for 11th and 12th there, any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 (Post 5130806)
Hi,
Any idea about the school Expert PU College - Kodialbail in Mangalore.

Planning to put my son for 11th and 12th there, any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

A relative of mine finished her 12th year before last. The academics are good. Some points to note:

1. No mobiles allowed for students.
2. Students are not allowed to go out of premises except when accompanied by parents.
3. Students get sort of card using which they can buy essential stuff in premises itself.

The parents are allowed to meet the ward once in a month.

We are planning to relocate to Bangalore in H1 2022.
Our daughter is a student of class 3. We are advised to start looking for admissions to class 4 as many school start their process sometime in Oct/Nov timeframe.
Some of the thoughts that we have in our mind are as follows:

1. We want to continue in CBSE.
2. My office is located in Lavelle Road. I am currently advised to look for rental place around Jayanagar/JP Nagar or nearby area. So it would be great if school is nearby where we stay. I am open to consider other areas for good school.
3. School should have its own transport.

I would appreciate if members can help me with recommendation of schools. Also any other tips on admissions would be great help.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VaibhaoT (Post 5165055)
We are planning to relocate to Bangalore in H1 2022.
Our daughter is a student of class 3. We are advised to start looking for admissions to class 4 as many school start their process sometime in Oct/Nov timeframe.
Some of the thoughts that we have in our mind are as follows:

1. We want to continue in CBSE.
2. My office is located in Lavelle Road. I am currently advised to look for rental place around Jayanagar/JP Nagar or nearby area. So it would be great if school is nearby where we stay. I am open to consider other areas for good school.
3. School should have its own transport.

I would appreciate if members can help me with recommendation of schools. Also any other tips on admissions would be great help.

Thanks!

I can recollect few CBSC schools around that area. My data might be old, please check.

* Jayanagar 4th T Block - NPS Jayanagar. Earlier Vivekananda was average. After NPS franchisee, it might be better.

* Jayanagar 7th Block - Bangalore Academy (old school tuning new leaf)

I stay at Kasturi Nagar Bengaluru and looking for good CBSE schools for my son who turns 3 years today. I have found the below nearby and could see many more in a radius of 3-4 KMs. Any pointers to good CBSE schools in this area?
Narayana Olympiad
Narayana eTechno
Sri Chaitanya eTechno
Presidency School

Hello BHPIAN's,
I wanted to know if there are any college counsellors here in the forum or if anyone knows any counselor. I am looking for some guidance for college applications (specifically for colleges in the US, Canada and Germany)

The admission process for Jaigopal Garodia Rashtrotthana Vidya Kendra, Ramamurthy Nagar had started couple of weeks earlier and I had applied for my son for Nursery/Pre-KG for 2022-2023 Academic year.

I have also enquired for admissions with Narayana Olympiad and Chaitanya Techno school in Kasturi Nagar and Banaswadi area. I somehow have a feeling these 2 schools don't have much of sports or any extra-curricular activities for kids but only focus on competitive exams. Any idea if these 2 are worth looking into?

There is a Presidency School in Kasturi Nagar but this doesn't seem to have good reviews when I asked around.

Any idea how good is Kumarans School in Ramamurthy Nagar? Also any pointers to any other good schools in Kasturi Nagar, Banaswadi, HRBR Layout, Kalyan Nagar, OMBR Banaswadi and Ramamurthy Nagar areas?

BHP'ians - now that my son has sailed half year of UKG, I am looking for CBSE schools in Whitefield / ITPL area.

Any first hand reviews on Euro School, Whitefield (for primary classes 1 - 5)?

Also, any other options nearby which has CBSE and focusses equally on studies and extra curricular activities?

Hi BHP'ians (from Ahmedabad), can you recommend good CICSE / CBSE schools in Chandkheda / Vaishno Circle area? Moving to Amdavad around March. My wards are in primary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whencut86 (Post 5165197)
I stay at Kasturi Nagar Bengaluru and looking for good CBSE schools for my son who turns 3 years today. I have found the below nearby and could see many more in a radius of 3-4 KMs. Any pointers to good CBSE schools in this area?
Narayana Olympiad
Narayana eTechno
Sri Chaitanya eTechno
Presidency School

There is one Narayana Olympiad in Sahakara Nagara,infact we had been there just a couple of days back. They start preparing children for JEE from 6th Std, and to achieve that they make children participate in these olympiads. From 6th Std, the school timings are 8:30am to 5:30pm. From 3:30pm to 5:30pm they conduct coaching for it. Me and wifey just looked at each other, said thanks and walked out.

St. Joseph's Boys' High School
opposite Museum Road Post office ,
Museum Road, Bangalore 560025

Admission to LKG 2022-2023

Dear Parent

We invite you to apply for your son’s entry into LKG.

Please note that we do not take donations for any admissions. We do not have any agents through whom you can procure seats. Do not give any money to anyone who promises you a seat in our school. You will be doing so at your own risk.

Application forms for admission to LKG for the academic year 2022-2023 will be issued online from Monday, 3 January 2022 to Friday, 7 January 2022. They can be downloaded from the school website www.sjbhs.edu.in.

You can apply online ONLY on the above mentioned dates. Thereafter no application form will be issued and enquiries regarding the same will not be entertained.

NO application forms will be issued by the school office.

The hard copy of the duly filled in E-application form may be submitted at the school registration desk from 5 to 8 January 2022 between 9:00am and 2:00pm. The last date to submit the filled in E-application form is 8 January 2022.

Admissions are NOT on a first-come first-served basis. All applications submitted on or before 8 January 2022, will be considered.

Students who have been selected as well as those who have not, will be informed of the same by post/courier in the last week of February 2022.

Parents are advised to apply for admissions to other schools as our seats for LKG are limited.

Please submit the following documents at the School Registration Desk (5 - 8 January 2022, 9:00am - 2:00pm):

Fully completed and signed E-application form with 3 passport sized photographs, one of the student, one of his father and one of his mother.

2. Birth certificate of the child (child should have completed 4 years of age on June 1, 2022)

Corporation certificate of Birth with name of the child - for all. (Photo copy)

Aadhaar card of the child. (Photo copy)

Caste Certificate where applicable specifying the category to which the applicant belongs (Photo copy).

Baptism certificate along with a letter from the Parish Priest stating that the parents belong to his parish. This is for Catholics only. (Photo copy)

Proof of present residential address (Copy of Passport/ Aadhaar card/ Voter’s ID card/ Rental Agreement with Electricity Bill).

Details of sibling studying in this school - where applicable

Proof of father or mother being an Alumnus - if applicable

Attested copies of the highest Educational qualifications of both the parents.

Guidelines:
1. The application form may be downloaded at: www.sjbhs.edu.in

After filling in the application form on the website, please click on the submit button. A soft copy of the duly filled in E-application form will be generated with an E-application form number. The same will be sent to your email ID for your reference.

At the time of submission of the duly filled in E-application form, an amount of ₹400/- is to be paid online.

Kindly fill in and submit only one E-application form, as duplicate applications will be rejected.

Any enquiries about admissions will not be entertained.

Recommendations of any kind will disqualify the candidate.

Fr Sunil Fernandes SJ
Principal

Hi Guys,
My son who is studying in 10th standard in Thane(Maharashtra), for 11 and 12th was thinking to put him in Belgaum(Karnataka).

Question: For engineering seat in Karnataka, will there be any issue for candidates who studied in Maharashtra till 10th and than for 12th Karnataka.

Need suggestions please.

Thanks,

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsnaveen21 (Post 5237642)
Question: For engineering seat in Karnataka, will there be any issue for candidates who studied in Maharashtra till 10th and than for 12th Karnataka.

Looks like domicile criteria for KCET is somewhat complicated.

https://www.shiksha.com/b-tech/artic...y-blogId-20163

Based on this, it seems that student needs to study for 7 years in Karnataka. There are some exceptions like children of Defence / Central govt employees.

Not sure if this would impact private collages though.

Some of the ways a student can qualify for domicile :

Name:  kcet_eil.png
Views: 485
Size:  348.8 KB