Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2013, 11:07   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: The School & College Admissions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Thanks for your suggestions and feedback.

Will be heading over to Deccan Intl. and Kumaran's this saturday.
I think Kumaran's have already posted notice for next year admissions. You can check this out at (pupilpod.kumarans.org). They have two campuses - one off the Kanakapura main road, at the left, just after the Khoday's Signal and the other bigger campus is on the same road ahead of Purva Highlands.

If you arent able to get the PDF notices from the portal, let me know and i can PM them to you. The whole admission process works online here.
Old 1st October 2013, 11:17   #332
BHPian

Any reviews on the Kidzee schools run by the famous Zee group. Looking it for playschool admission.
Old 1st October 2013, 11:49   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I think Kumaran's have already posted notice for next year admissions. You can check this out at (pupilpod.kumarans.org). They have two campuses - one off the Kanakapura main road, at the left, just after the Khoday's Signal and the other bigger campus is on the same road ahead of Purva Highlands.

If you arent able to get the PDF notices from the portal, let me know and i can PM them to you. The whole admission process works online here.
Thank you Sir.

I took a look at the pdf files and understand that registrations are open only in Jan I week. Will keep an eye out for that date.

Would you know what is the probability of the regn. going through, considering that the submission is open only for one day? Also post registration, what would be the process for admission? I read on their site that they do not accept any donations which is a good thing.

Do you have any feedback or anything you'd like to share about this school? How is the teaching, amount of homework, balanced focus on academics and extra curriculum for overall child development, etc.?

We are considering the Doddakallasandra campus as it is not too far off.

Apologies to bother you with so many queries.
Old 1st October 2013, 12:21   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Sir.

I took a look at the pdf files and understand that registrations are open only in Jan I week. Will keep an eye out for that date.

Would you know what is the probability of the regn. going through, considering that the submission is open only for one day? Also post registration, what would be the process for admission? I read on their site that they do not accept any donations which is a good thing.

Do you have any feedback or anything you'd like to share about this school? How is the teaching, amount of homework, balanced focus on academics and extra curriculum for overall child development, etc.?

We are considering the Doddakallasandra campus as it is not too far off.

Apologies to bother you with so many queries.
No problems at all !.

My son studies there, 4th, CBSE. And very identical situation, where i had to move him from a different school, 1st Standard, due to change in residence location. He got thru at the Mallasandra Campus ( i quite like that campus - their largest )

For the past 4 years, the experience has been really good. There is a great blend of academic + extra curricular activities, they have well equiped labs ( ever heard of a Math lab ? Boy ! the kind of flamboyance you come across these days - math used to be simple when i went to school ). Swimming is a compulsion untill class 5 starting class 1 - i mention this because of the emphasis they have on good health and keeping children active.

Good teachers and very structured PTM meets, scheduled time slots ensuring you dont get waiting in a long queue. Nice cafetaria as well, with different varieties of food for the week.

Best part i liked is the lockers inside the class room, so the children dont lug around with heavy bags. Homeworks are very balanced. You do have something on a daily basis , but its not that you end up covering all subjects on the same day.

The homeworks, fees schedules and payments, assessment results and everything else that you might need to go to school are all online.

Post registration - you apply online, fill the form online, upload the picture etc..they notify you of the test / assessment date thru mails and sms. Post this, you get a notification of confirmation of admission, with a break up of fees and the deadline to pay them. Everything online, and when i tried for my son's 1st Std admission, i didnt visit the school even once.

Happy to provide more details if you may desire.

Best luck.
Old 1st October 2013, 12:42   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanand View Post
Does anyone have feedback on the following schools in/around Malleswaram?
  • Brigade school at Gateway in Rajajinagar. I've heard some good things from friends, but is it really worth the exorbitant fees?
No it is not worth it. There are better schools in the area which give better quality of education without the arrogance associated with the school management.
Old 1st October 2013, 12:53   #336
BHPian

How difficult is it to get admissions in 1st Standard? My daughter is in a montessori and she is loving it. We find it really good too and being closer to home its our first choice. I would like her to complete the 4 years there. (She is in infant montessori now) There is a lot of 'parent peer' pressure to get out of there and admit her to a conventional school. Anyone in similar situation?
Old 1st October 2013, 13:36   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
No it is not worth it. There are better schools in the area which give better quality of education without the arrogance associated with the school management.
Can you please suggest few good schools as per your experience?
Old 1st October 2013, 14:57   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Happy to provide more details if you may desire.
Thanks Krishna.

The website for Kumaran's at Doddakalasandra lists classes from I std. upto VII std. only. No high school from Std. VIII upto 10th which is worrisome for me since I'll have to look for a school again at a later stage.

Could you confirm this please?
Old 1st October 2013, 15:13   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Krishna.

The website for Kumaran's at Doddakalasandra lists classes from I std. upto VII std. only. No high school from Std. VIII upto 10th which is worrisome for me since I'll have to look for a school again at a later stage.

Could you confirm this please?
I am quite sure that they will go up to 10th at least. I think the Doddakalasandra campus is new, so it might be a case of adding classes as the first batch of kids grow.
I would highly recommend that you go to the school and ask in the office.
Old 1st October 2013, 21:36   #340
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
National Hill View has a sprawling campus and looks awesome but kinda expensive. Also they open admissions only in June which is very late since most schools open up admissions during Oct-Nov.
Most schools are expensive these days

One of my friends told me today that NHVPS has another branch behind PES engg. college near the outer ring road, so this may be another option as well. I was only aware of the one in RR nagar till I heard about this today.
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:32   #341
BHPian

For folks in bangalore, How is DPS east(Sarjapura). My daughter is 2.5 years old and I am thinking of getting her into DPS. Any pointers for education (good /bad) and fees?
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:52   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Most schools are expensive these days

One of my friends told me today that NHVPS has another branch behind PES engg. college near the outer ring road, so this may be another option as well. I was only aware of the one in RR nagar till I heard about this today.
Its not actually behind PES. Its before NICE road somewhere between Global engineering college going towards NICE (on the interior roads).
It was constructed a while ago and did not have permission to start before. The principal usually allocates seats in this school even if you want in main one !
Old 22nd October 2013, 17:19   #343
BHPian

I would be trying to get my son admitted in LKG. I have narrowed down to St Francis School Koramangala & Christ School SG Palaya. How are these schools? I would like to stay away from the new age international schools. Iam open to schools nearby Koramangala/HSR. Any review/feedback and also pointers to secure admission would be helpful.
Old 22nd October 2013, 19:49   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipaul View Post
I would be trying to get my son admitted in LKG. I have narrowed down to St Francis School Koramangala & Christ School SG Palaya. How are these schools? I would like to stay away from the new age international schools. Iam open to schools nearby Koramangala/HSR. Any review/feedback and also pointers to secure admission would be helpful.
Both are quite good schools. Freedom/NPS (HSR and Koramangala), Bethanys (Koramangala) are also good options
Old 22nd October 2013, 20:50   #345
BHPian

Quote:

National Hill View has a sprawling campus and looks awesome but kinda expensive. Also they open admissions only in June which is very late since most schools open up admissions during Oct-Nov.
Aditya, My wife was telling me she saw a few people collecting application forms today at NHVPS for next years admission. You may want to check it out if you plan to put your kid there

Most Viewed