Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 18:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

Damn, thats sad! for sure this will be a sad set of people who are waiting for a chance to go berserk!

WIll suggest none to venture to these areas today! people who live in these areas can go home late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashw_r View Post
Pls park your vehicles in safe place ASAP. Miscreants just broke my car's windshield. Few got caught and thrashed by the police but every car parked in the lane has been damaged.

This is from Basvangudi area.
Old 30th December 2009, 20:04   #62
Senior - BHPian

Utter disrespect to the dead.

Can't people be a little sober and maintain peace when somebody dies?
Old 30th December 2009, 20:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

Is it safe to go work tomorrow ? Are schools/govt offices open tomorrow ?
Old 30th December 2009, 20:35   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
It should be, as state mourning/ school closure is for today only.

Crowd fury was expected as its the only way they can vent their frustation as a group on things which they are afraid of individually. Mostly ONLY south Bangalore was effected.

They broke the Mc Donalds in Basvanagudi, damaged an ATM and a Ambulance carrying people from the crowds of the National college stadium, ironical. And afterwards, burnt a Swift also.

The most sensitive times are when they are in the procession and while they disperse afterwards.

Last edited by dadu : 30th December 2009 at 20:37.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:06   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Crowd fury was expected as its the only way they can vent their frustation as a group on things which they are afraid of individually. Mostly ONLY south Bangalore was effected.

The most sensitive times are when they are in the procession and while they disperse afterwards.
Disruption to life, and damage of public property seems to be taken as a given these days when any prolific person dies. Seriously, what is it that they feel once done?

RIP to Vishnuvardhan.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:14   #66
BHPian

Rest in peace.Saw the body.Passed by my house.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:27   #67
BHPian

^^ Nice how is the scenario now at your place ? coz i heard situation is worse in and around padmanabnagar and utharahalli.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:31   #68
Senior - BHPian

I'm in Padmanabhanagar at the moment and things are fine here.
Old 30th December 2009, 22:12   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I guess the business should be as usual tomorrow. Just saw in the news that couple of cars were burnt at the place of cremation and many other vehicles damaged. All these crap people, and they call themselves to be his fans
Old 30th December 2009, 22:51   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope everyone here realises that the hooligans who commit arson and random acts of vandalism are NOT Vishnuvardhan fans. They are just exploiting a situation where our miserable, pathetic cops have no power.

They are rowdies to say the least. They just masquerade a Vishnuvardhan fans today. They pretended to be Rajkumar fans a few years ago and will promptly portray themselves as fans or followers of the next public figure who dies.
Old 30th December 2009, 23:28   #71
Senior - BHPian

I too stay in Padmanabhanagar, and I did not hear of anything bad.

It is really embarrassing to hear when people indulge in violence whenever any famous personality passes away. This is no way to show respect to the dead. May Vishnuvardhan's soul rest in peace.
Old 31st December 2009, 00:50   #72
Senior - BHPian

Saw the people getting lathicharged on the road, i live near the national college grounds. Most of the so called fans where just a mob of hooligans. I saw them trying breaking a gate of a house near the ground. Saw glasses of cars, buses getting shattered. The glass facades of buildings were smashed including MacD, Vodafone on DVG road and lot of other buildings. Most of the guys looked like they had come to enjoy a huge mosh pit
Old 31st December 2009, 01:53   #73
BHPian

Dr Vishnu was truly a stalwart of the Kannada Film Industry.
He was not only a fine and versatlie actor, but a very good human being at heart too.

For the first time in many years he made me glued to the kannada channels today which was airing his last journery and also lots and lots of the evergreen melodious songs being played all day.

One song which played today from one of his good entertainers "Kalla Kulla" a song which I am sure he himself would have truly believed in given that he regarded family values so highly .... "Amma Yendare"

May his soul Rest in Peace
Old 31st December 2009, 04:17   #74
BHPian

I didnt watch many Kannada movies when i was a kid (well only really when i came to india on my summer break and whenever on tv and stuff) but my mom and dad grew up with Rajkumar and Vishnu. The kannada film industry is i think the weakest regional language industry in the south and it has lost another great sadly :(.

On the subject of crazy people destroying public property, this is another reason that the police force needs to be beefed up/and or a National Guard unit needs to be created. Then assign shoot-on-sight order to the forces and then people will get the message and go back to their homes. Same thing with Andhra and Telengana..seriously, i dunno why the govt doesnt call these people's bluff; then send the military/police forces in and send em all back to their homes and work. Think about how much money the economy is losing :(
Old 31st December 2009, 06:48   #75
BHPian

Indu Kannada Chitra rangakke thumba dukhakaravada dina!!
Sahasa Simha Vishuvardhan (Sampath Kumar) avarige namma preethiya namana!!

Its been one of the saddest days of my life. May his soul rest in peace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks